Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 10  (Read 6538 times)

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 4: Run and run
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2011, 05:09:07 pm »

Turn 5 - Escape, shopping spree, fossil, a new friend?

The Sun is starting to set.

The Trio:
With the guards somewhat distracted, Len will try to steal some kind of jewellery, a hat, and some paint from the stalls.

You wander around, eventually reaching the marketplace and start to check the 'shops' for some valuables, preferrably jewels, hats and some paint. [5] There seems to be plenty of merchants selling these products today, so it's time to start working! [6] A little bit of that, a little bit of those, hmmm... that hat sure looks nice... oh is that a gold ring with a diamond.  After 'shopping' for a while you feel a light tap on your shoulder. A cold shiver goes down your spine, as you imagine what might stand behind you. You slowly turn around. Before you stands a giant of a man, dwarfing even Marcus and he doesn't look happy. Maybe you are the reason for his grim expression.

Get well away from the drunk if he seems violent-minded. Otherwise, accompany him home, responding to his amorous winks. Flee if at any point he seems to sober up, and ask him if we will be able to have a pleasant and uninterrupted (by servants, family, etc) night if he knows what I mean wink wink. Flee if it seems there will be other people in his house. As soon as we get in, smash him over the head with something solid to knock him out, and rob his home hard. And very quick. Concentrate on his office desk. But at all times safety first! Flee at the first sign of danger!

[3] The 'drunken merchants' level of drunkenness doesn't seem to have changed at all, and you're not really sure if he's sobering up or if his intoxication is still ascending. Nevertheless you decide to accompany him for now and if he sobers up before reaching his house, abandon the plan. You ask him if he has any servants or family members at his house, obviously hinting that you don't want any distractions. He tells you that he lives alone, [2] but you aren't sure if he's telling the truth.

A moment later you arrive at his house, [4] it's a moderate sized, two story building. The first floor is made from stone and the second floor from wood. You walk with the man towards the door and are about to reach and open it, [2] but it's opened by an old lady from inside. Calling that woman old is an understatement, in your eyes she looks ancient, almost a fossil. She silently stares at you with a look that demands answers.

Keep running. When I find a place to catch my breath, put on the feather hat in hopes of confusing the guards.

[5] You run fast like a gazelle, dodging all kinds of obstacles on your path, also passing by some people who applaud at your acrobatic performance. [2] It doesn't take long for you to outrun the guards at this pace, but keeping this speed up quickly exhausts you, so you dedice to stop and rest for a while to recover from all that running. After a bit of recovery you watch around the corners. Can't see any guards. You put the hat on, just to be on the safe side.

Lonelyrider:
Go after the second guy. Bodyguard would watch him like a hawk, and I like to minimize risks.

You decide to go after the unguarded one. You could always use the ol' 'bump and snatch', but it occurs to you that the guy whose 'purse' you stole might have reported to the watchmen that there are some thieves around. So you think up for another plan. You'll follow the man, stop at the same stalls he does, voice your opinion about the goods being not worth your money, and do some small talk, then rob him when the opportunity presents itself. You execute the plan, and everything goes well, [3] but you just can't find a good moment to grab his purse.

Spoiler: micelus - Len (click to show/hide)

//Thats it for today, I'll want some sleep. (those who didn't know I'm european GMT +2)
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 5
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2011, 05:31:16 pm »

"Hey, I was walking in the street doing some shopping and this man collapsed at my feet. I think he was beaten by thieves! I managed to get out of him that he lived her, so I've brought him home for safekeeping."

Flee!

(head back to base and meet with Joshua...)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2011, 05:38:40 pm »

Try to get it when he's in some sort of major distraction. Keep looking for prime opportunities.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2011, 05:46:47 pm »

"Um, yes?"

Ask the man what he wants.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2011, 07:08:11 pm »

Pull the hat forward a little to cover my eyes if possible. Then walk around and try to maneuver around the crowd and buildings to the area I was in previously, stopping if I notice any guard patrols.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2011, 01:44:52 pm »

TURN 6: Bodily conversation and return to the crime scene

Len:
Ask the man what he wants.

[1] The man must be a mute as he let's his body do the talking by answering to your question with a nice bear hug. [2-1] Your attempt to resist this uncomfortable situation is futile. The man tightens his unfriendly grasp and now it's your body's turn to talk. To be specific, it's your bones doing the talking, or rather yelling and they yell quite loudly, begging for mercy. (-3hp) [5+1] Your 'friendly talk' scene seems to cause some chaos among your spectators.

Hilda:
"Hey, I was walking in the street doing some shopping and this man collapsed at my feet. I think he was beaten by thieves! I managed to get out of him that he lived her, so I've brought him home for safekeeping."

Flee!

[4] You quickly pass the drunk to his girlfriend, or mother... or grandmother... well it doesn't matter who she is. Anyways you don't leave her much time to react as you hastily escape from the scene. You also remember that your group never agreed for a meeting place if separated and decide to return to your base. [5] You're around half-way on your journey to the base when you happen to see Joshua heading somewhere. In your opinion he looks quite suspicious with the stolen feather hat pulled to cover some of his face.

Joshua:
Pull the hat forward a little to cover my eyes if possible. Then walk around and try to maneuver around the crowd and buildings to the area I was in previously, stopping if I notice any guard patrols.
((I hope I understood this one correctly))

The hat fits perfectly. [3] You maneuver yourself around the city without much trouble, getting strange looks from some of the local residents, yes your hat is cool and they propably know it. A great idea comes to you, the watchmen could never think that you would return to the crime scene! Genius! They should know that no thief would ever return to his... [2] or not. It's full of them, [5] but you won't be easily spotted. You decide to observe the situation from a nearby alley for now, maybe they'll go away and there's always a chance for you guildmates to return here.

Derm:
Try to get it when he's in some sort of major distraction. Keep looking for prime opportunities.

You take your time with this 'new friend' of yours and are ready to steal his coins in a heartbeat. The opportunity presents itself when a minor chaos breaks out in the marketplace, snatch [5] and his coins have now been added to your property. [2] It doesn't feel as heavy as the previous one, which you think at this point is good. There's also a possiblity of it's contents consisting of smaller, or less rocks than the previous wallet. You try to look what's causing this small ruckus, [3] but can't find the reason for it.

//For some strange reason I always mix Len and Joshua up when starting to write a turn... also something about my schelude, during working days I'll try to keep posting a turn every day, two if possible. During weekends, might be either posting alot, or none as I have a bad habit of forgetting all kinds of stuff if I'm visiting my relatives (I do that quite often at weekends). Also tomorrow is the independence day of my country so might skip the post due to *cough* unknown reasons.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 6
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2011, 01:54:34 pm »

And, you can probably see that I'm experimenting with the 'shape' of turn post, tell me if there's something that bothers you in it.

Note to self: stop misspelling probably as propably

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2011, 03:06:31 pm »

Ninja my way up a roof, then try to observe and discern the cause of the chaos from an elevated position.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2011, 03:15:04 pm »

Follow Joshua at a distance and cause a distraction if he looks like he's likely to get in trouble. Some kind of seductive distraction if necessary!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2011, 03:18:22 pm »

"I don't know where Len is, but we've set the guards on alert. We might as well head back to the base where we can split the spoils." Head back to the base quietly with Hilda.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2011, 03:45:54 pm »

Kick him in the genitals if possible. Repeatedly until he lets me go. Otherwise, scream out that he's an agent of <neighbouring country>!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2011, 04:07:01 pm »

Kick him in the genitals if possible. Repeatedly until he lets me go. Otherwise, scream out that he's an agent of <neighbouring country>!

I like your plan.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Commit Crime, a Thieves Guild RTD. Turn 7
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2011, 08:22:20 pm »

Turn 7: Attack is the best form of defense

Len:

You don't have time to think twice in a situation like, so you almost instinctively kick the mountainous guy to the place where it hurts the most, at least in the majority of men. [6+1] And you hit the mark! It's super effective! He let's go of you, but it seems like he can still continue on so you kick him again and he drops on his knees, writhing in pain. As you take your first step to leave from the battlefield, you feel a stinging pain on your foot. To get your foot hurt this badly with only two kicks, that man has to have balls of steel. [5-1] But flesh wounds like these doesn't stop you from limping away from the center of attention before the guards arrive.

Temporary trait gained
Strained leg: -1 to actions involving speed or acrobatics

Hilda:
Follow Joshua at a distance and cause a distraction if he looks like he's likely to get in trouble. Some kind of seductive distraction if necessary!

You see that the emotionless watchman is about to surprise Joshua. You hesitate for a moment, but decide to help, as it might save your guildmate. Also it can never be guaranteed that a caged bird won't sing something... unpleasant.[5-1] The officer is about to say something, but with a few chocolate topped words you completely sway his attention to you, and only you. He feels like a different man than previously. Perhaps he was just shy when surrounded by so many of his underlings.

Joshua:
"I don't know where Len is, but we've set the guards on alert. We might as well head back to the base where we can split the spoils." Head back to the base quietly with Hilda.

[1] As you start to head back to the 'guild hall' a man steps to the alley. It's that stonefaced officer that ambushed you during your unofficial confiscation of the drunk's possessions.[4] Luckily he's alone. He's about to open his mouth and say something but Hilda interrupts him. With a few words all of his attention has been completely taken up by Hilda. Now might be a good time to act.

Derm:
Ninja my way up a roof, then try to observe and discern the cause of the chaos from an elevated position.

You quickly search for a suitable place so you can climb to the roof, [4] and find one without spending too much time on it. So you climb to the roof and observe what's happening at the marketplace.[2+1] You are not quite sure what originally caused this chaos, but you are certain that it's somehow related to that huge man lying on the street. You can't help but wonder about what kind of a monster could bring a man of that size on his knees.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2011, 08:24:49 pm »

Head back to base with my loot.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2011, 03:01:10 am »

Ask the officer his name, address, and where he goes for a drink for future reference, perhaps we might meet again, handsome, and then head back to base via an indirect route to split the loot.

Perhaps my charm can corrupt the lovely officer! Might be useful in the future. Blackmail maybe.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6