Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Nord Fortress  (Read 7008 times)

NightlinerSGS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nord Fortress
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 10:41:02 am »

Actually, you have to wait to appoint the Dohvakiin until you have a justice system up and running and get your first prisoners. Then pick one of them, make him an adventurer and go hunt some dragons :D
In all Elder Scroll games, the player starts as a prisoner for various reasons.
Like I always say, elven females serve a... better purpose to me than the males.
This is a masterfully derailed thread. It depicts Necro in magma-silk thread. This relates to the great derailing of the Divorce Thread in 2011. Necro is holding up a pig-tail fiber sock. Necro is swimming. Necro is striking a defiant pose.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 11:09:24 am »

Actually, you have to wait to appoint the Dohvakiin until you have a justice system up and running and get your first prisoners. Then pick one of them, make him an adventurer and go hunt some dragons :D
In all Elder Scroll games, the player starts as a prisoner for various reasons.

Except Daggerfall.

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 11:27:31 am »

Autumn and winter pass. The farm and the beehives are up and running, and the mead industry should kick into overdrive soon. More utterly useless migrants. I'm starting to worry about needing to train a militia in a hurry. Construction of the dining hall in the upper class section is underway. I haven't even thought about the bedrooms. That'll be a massive project. Ordered some more food and booze from the caravans. Got the smithy started, but it looks like I'll need to expand the workshop building.

And yeah, the Dovakin/kiin/khin/howeveritsspelled will have to be and ex-prisoner.
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 12:09:07 pm »

I have no idea what a nord is, but I'll keep an eye on this thread because it sounds funny and saying it makes me smile.

Mr. Doc

• Bay Watcher
  • Semi-Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 12:18:26 pm »

Posting for interest, this sounds like an awesome project.

On an Elder Scrolls note, I wonder if it would be possible to mod in Dwemer automatons that the player could have their dorfs build then use like trained animals

Casp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 12:22:47 pm »

I just struck the caverns immediately below my stone quarry. Looks like the tomb's going in the cavern.
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 12:39:24 pm »

On an Elder Scrolls note, I wonder if it would be possible to mod in Dwemer automatons that the player could have their dorfs build then use like trained animals

As I recall you can't. You can only make a reaction produce vermin or something like that. Perhaps later on.

WolfeyS

• Bay Watcher
  • My wife just died. Oh, damn nice door that one is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 01:06:42 pm »

Markarth always reminded me of Dwarf Fortress...

"Even the beds are made of stone!"

I wish we could do that :(

Mods.

Bah forget mods, I like to lose horribly have fun with a vanilla game.
My Steam Account

You just know you're screwed when a dwarf dies of old age.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 03:56:06 pm »

FUS RO DAH!
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 04:45:59 pm »

Being dirt poor, I haven't had enough money to buy Skyrim. Being unable to play this amazing game, I went for the next best thing.

Enter the fortress of Anriztirist. It is in a cold biome surrounded by mountains. Here are the following restrictions I will be playing under:

The entire city will be above ground.
Trade caravans will be kept outside of the city walls, always.
There will be a separate space for nords dwarves born in the city and those born outside of the city.
The S7 and their relations will get a special pantheon in the center of the city.
All non-norddwarf members will sleep in darkened alleyways, recieve the worst food, and generally treated with less respect than the toilet paper used by the S7.
If a mayor makes a harsh mandate, there will be an uprising via tantrum spiral. Always.
If any dragons or other special monsters show up, it will be the task of a signal nord dwarf to defeat it. This nord dwarf will be treated with great respect, and given the title Dovakhin.
All nordic dwarven dead will be in an intricate tomb beneath the city. If a necromancer is available, it will be locked down their to ensure that all bodies are undead. Always.
All non-nordicdwarven dead will be dumped outside and left to rot.
The fortress will drink mostly mead. When honey production becomes stable, it will drink nothing but mead.

This thread will chronicle the story of this fortress.

Comments? Suggestions?

Have legendary heroes live atop a Nord-made mountain, and become the greybeard dwarfs.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 04:48:05 pm »

Misread title as "Nerd Fortress".

:o
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 05:03:40 pm »

You don't have 60 dollars to buy Skyrim? Or is it just that you can't justify buying it at this time.

It just strikes me as odd that someone with a computer, access to internet etc wouldn't have 60 dollars of spending money to their name.
i'd have to call you a fool, i own a computer and have internet and have yet to have a job and therefore have no spending money to my name at all! also i'd buy skyrim but my computer is as old as dirt, even if i could afford it i could never run it.

besides that the elder scrolls games have sadly been going downhill sense daggerfall (elder scrolls 2), loosing more skills and cool stuff along the way and getting graphic upgrades and invisible walls, personally i think daggerfall had the best char. gen out of all of em, morrowind had a nice map, not too big and not too small, and oblivion had the graphics and physics the other 2 were lacking, if they combined all 3 of those things into a single game it would be quite possibly one of the best games they have ever made.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 05:14:14 pm by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 05:27:25 pm »

1. not too big

2. oblivion had the graphics and physics the other 2 were lacking

3. if they combined all 3 of those things into a single game it would be quite possibly one of the best games they have ever made.

1. Does such a thing exist?
2. Physics like being able to jump 20ft in the air? :P
3. = Skyrim?

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 05:49:48 pm »

As I recall you can't. You can only make a reaction produce vermin or something like that. Perhaps later on.
If eggs are an object in the raws (Not sure on that), you could make a reaction to take say, bronze bars, and produce an egg for a custom creature. They would need to have a single, non-female caste to avoid reproduction, and you could make their body out of bronze; unfortunately as far as I no there is no way to make them hatch instantly, like they were created.
EDIT: I don't think that eggs will hatch outside of Nest Boxes, so this probably won't work.  :'(
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 05:51:52 pm by MehMuffin »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 06:20:58 pm »

Eggs need to be fertilized.  Otherwise pretty much every mod would have some kind of golem for the player to make.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 [2] 3