Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 48907 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 5: Magic and Bugs]
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2011, 03:52:28 pm »

Attempt to summon a small ball of living electricity to attack the light flies.
Nom nom nom

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2011, 10:01:03 pm »

I'm wicked tired and just remembered I had to post so...
Summon up a Skeleton Servant to accompany me. If I'm in an area with an enemy send my new servant to kill it.
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2011, 10:14:24 pm »

Necromancy doesn't directly cover summoning, so that'll probably end badly. There's at least one foot-high frog corpse lying around, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2011, 05:49:28 pm »

Turn 6: Bugs and Light

"Kemler-szon, sztay sztrong. I am wear-ing them down." The bug man said, it a voice that didn't seem very urgent or excited.

Drzkktizz didn't sweat, but his blood vessels could now be seen pulsing under his skin from the exertion of casting.

Cast another lesser poison jet, trying to kill the last two undamaged ones.
[2-1-1+2] vs [3] Your spell fizzles, leaving the tiny creatures unharmed.

Except the one you already poisoned, that is. That one drops.

Frogman slain!

I'm screwed.

Wildly slash at the surrounding enemies.
[3+1] vs [5] Your diminutive adversaries avoid your desperate attacks.

[4] Fortunately, the remaining two decide to flee, diving back into the water and presumably swimming away. It might be possible to chase them, for the adventurous.

I'll put on a small show of strength, some flashy magic. Try to look tough, but not intimidating. Things should go well. Of course, comply with the fish-guy. NOTHING that's heavily out of my league, I don't need to fail.
[1-1-1+2] You attempt to create showy flashes of necrotic power. They end up temporarily blinding you, and you stumble back.

[5] The fish-guy seems to handle this remarkably well, and he has what sounds like a conversation with the littler one.

You hear the larger one splashing over to you, obviously not very graceful on land, then feel it grab you and drag you down and further into the water. Then something puts a circular, hard object about the size of a large grape in your mouth.

[6-1] Some sort of strange magic washes over you, obviously concentrated or focused by the thing in your mouth somehow. Your next breath feels strange, and you feel certain you can breathe underwater.

Still blind, what you assume to be the larger one gets a firmer grip on you and begins trying to swim to the depths.

ok, what was the extra -1 for, TRY AGAIN I am not going without my magic damnit oh you seperated it out
[2-1-1+1] Today is not your day. The fingertips of your other hand are now trailing shadow as well.

+1 Light Magic

Attempt to summon a small ball of living electricity to attack the light flies.
[1-1-1+2] You summon a tiny, crackling ball of pale energy, which promptly begins zapping you. It's more painful than damaging, but really not what you needed right now.

[3] vs [1] Your nasty light bugs swarm you again, which is both painful and damaging.

-2 HP

Summon up a Skeleton Servant to accompany me. If I'm in an area with an enemy send my new servant to kill it.
[6-1-1+2][3-1-1+2] Realizing that attempting to summon anything would likely result in disaster, and with no enemies but several corpses remaining, you decide to attempt to raise a permanent servant instead. The result is a fairly strong-looking but slightly unstable frogfishmanish skeleton thing. Well, strong as foot and a half high frogfishmanish skeletons go.

Spoiler: New Servant (click to show/hide)

+X Necromancy (to be determined later)

The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 6: Bugs and Light]
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2011, 05:53:36 pm »

"I thank you...what I did was foolish."

Kemler put on his discarded clothing and dissected the frogmen, to understand what they are.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 05, 2011, 06:09:30 pm »

Necromancy doesn't directly cover summoning, so that'll probably end badly. There's at least one foot-high frog corpse lying around, though.
I thought the whole purpose of necromancy was summoning dead things? So what exactly can I do with Necromancy?
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 05, 2011, 06:19:02 pm »

"I thank you...what I did was foolish."

Kemler put on his discarded clothing and dissected the frogmen, to understand what they are.

"No problemzs Kemler-szon, and no thank-yousz are req-uir-ed on you. Drzkktizz doezs not leave hizs hive matezs alone in a fight."

The bugman made an odd hand gesture toward Kemler, as if he grasping something unseen from the air in his claws, and then presenting it to him as a gift.

"Kemler-szon owezs life debt now. Pay back szoon, yezs? Many timezs we may trade livezs soon, yezs?"

Drzkktizz buzzed to himself in what was close to laughter.

Action: Help extract and study the scales along with Kemler to see if they have any alchemical properties.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 05, 2011, 06:22:56 pm »

Try to get someone to help me, maybe charge my spear with some raw energy
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 05, 2011, 08:26:15 pm »

I thought the whole purpose of necromancy was summoning dead things? So what exactly can I do with Necromancy?
It primarily covers the hostile manipulation of the living and the dead, and yanking something over to serve you doesn't really count.

As for what you can do, lots of things. First of all, as mentioned, it can animate the dead, but you need a corpse. In theory you could create/"summon" certain incorporeal undead without a body, but that'd usually require some other reagent or condition in its place. Note that it is possible to temporarily animate corpses, which is easier than doing so permanently (you roll twice for permanent effects; once for the effect, again for the permanence, giving two chances for something to go wrong).

Other than that, it tends to be pretty good at direct, hostile action against creatures. For instance, you couldn't use it to light someone on fire, curse them with clumsiness, or magically slow them down, but you could rot their flesh, numb their limbs, or exhaust them.

Finally, creativity can produce other results, with similar roots but differing effects. It's possible to steal the life from an enemy to heal yourself, for instance.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 05, 2011, 11:30:39 pm »

I'll stay calm, and, uh...Get dragged through the water. Pray to the Nine Divine that there's no biter-fish in the water. Laz'Ka has quite the fear of underwater demon-fishes.

Also: Whoa. Just to ask, what were the -1's for, and the +2? I failed so bad lol. I'm basically the worst player right now, sorry guys xD.

Also: I seriously hate deep water. There's sharks and stuff in there. Tentacle squids, too...brr.

@Spartan: You dude, are awesome. Like, awesome awesome. I want a frog-man skeleton! But no, I'm stuck with three turns of failed negotiating. Man, I feel like face-palming. Ah, well, the journey's fun! If I die, I'll probably cry...

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 05, 2011, 11:33:48 pm »

"Yes, I do owe you a debt...It would be shameful if I didn't die for you, 'hivemate'."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2011, 12:06:48 am »

Also: Whoa. Just to ask, what were the -1's for, and the +2?
+2 for being an Apprentice Necromancer, -1 for a Novice level spell, and -1 for not knowing the spell you're casting.

Also: I seriously hate deep water. There's sharks and stuff in there. Tentacle squids, too...brr.
They're really big, too. :D

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2011, 01:31:34 am »

Also: Whoa. Just to ask, what were the -1's for, and the +2?
+2 for being an Apprentice Necromancer, -1 for a Novice level spell, and -1 for not knowing the spell you're casting.

They're really big, too. :D

o_O. Well, firstly: Since I had failed the spell, I take it that I didn't learn it? Which makes sense. I see how the system works, cool!

Also, about my Amulet (Starting item). I was thinking...About it's effects. Say, what if I sacrificed a bit of my own life (Blood), to gain a bonus to my next-cast Necromancy spell? Say, a +1 or something. Chop up the idea however you wish, but please don't blend it; - I would hate an Amulet Puree. (Would be cool if it didn't cost a whole turn...Say, something that I could activate? 10% or so of my max HP for the boost?)

Meh.

Finally: Oh god tentacle squids.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2011, 12:11:19 pm »

"Yes, I do owe you a debt...It would be shameful if I didn't die for you, 'hivemate'."

Drzkktizz shook his claws.

"No one diezs for otherzs. The point be-ing NOT to die, actu-ally. You wo-uld have died, buut,
Drzkktizz szave you. Underzstand medium of ex-change? Lifezs potential zis azs valuezs azs life itzself zzzss...*ahem*

Szorry.

Alzso, Hive izs bigger than home-hive is wo-rld, connected perzsonzs, friendzs and alliezs...loverzs. We all belong to the comm-union of life itzself, naturally...even thozse not like me, and not like you.

Ever Frog-menzs were Hivemates, in way...had yezs to kill them, but no choice-itzs a way of life...eat-en or be eater."

The bug mans attenae droop ever so slightly, what could that mean?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:14:53 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 08, 2011, 11:51:50 pm »

Waiting on Kilakan and Spartan. :(
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41