Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188272 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - Try the new Water Slide attraction!
« Reply #1995 on: October 01, 2012, 12:48:45 am »

If I recall correctly, the level below the quarry is where you're thinking of.  However, I believe that area's flooded.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: October 01, 2012, 12:51:43 am »

I swear to god if we kill the fortress I don't think another reclaim will be possible. Aren't the population of all the dwarven civs nigh gone?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: The Community Reclaiming Swordthunders, the Fortress that defeated the HFS
« Reply #1997 on: October 01, 2012, 07:38:07 am »

5th of Opal, 103

Well, I just found out why we have not yet found the famous Pit House. Someone has built a wall over the only way in.

8th of Opal, 103

...aaand someone has deconstructed a set of stairs leading down there...

9th of Opal, 103

In the vicinity there is also a magma forge and a magma smelter. Both are currently inaccessible due to water (Where did that come from?) but...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In addition there are 4 more adamantine swords, as well as 10 iron swords, an adamantine crutch and an adamantine sarcophagus.

That's where I found the addy.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: October 01, 2012, 08:54:04 am »

Yup right in the flooded workshops, just like I thought.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #1999 on: October 01, 2012, 09:00:03 am »

I'm currently working on training up war dogs to use as sentries so we can't be ambushed as easily and to act as bodyguards for the military. Will try and finish today.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: October 01, 2012, 09:20:54 am »

I'm currently working on training up war dogs to use as sentries so we can't be ambushed as easily and to act as bodyguards for the military. Will try and finish today.

Who died?

See, this is what always happens to my military.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2001 on: October 01, 2012, 09:35:28 am »

Who died?

See, this is what always happens to my military.

This was just a case of stupidity. I changed their uniform to leather so they could train sheild/armor user without massive slowdowns (which is part of why handling a masterwork steel set of armor to noobs is a bad idea). I also unforbid most of the leather clothing in the fort. Two idiots ran outside and straight into an ambush. Goblin lightsabers dismembered them, but they got lured into the FDS and I drowned them (12 goblins drowned this year), and *didn't* flood the world this time.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: October 01, 2012, 09:41:51 am »

...and *didn't* flood the world this time.

What exactly went wrong?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2003 on: October 01, 2012, 09:55:47 am »

What exactly went wrong?

All the drainage floodgates properly sealed because the water from the last activation pushed the debris clear.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: October 01, 2012, 10:06:57 am »

Well this is all very Fun. Looks like my dorf is well on their way to becoming a ‼noble‼
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2005 on: October 01, 2012, 10:10:50 am »

Well this is all very Fun. Looks like my dorf is well on their way to becoming a ‼noble‼

He's *way* too useful; he's swordthunder's only legendary miner to magma him :-/.

I did meet every one of his mandates so its doable, just need to always make crafts which usually get you multiple of an iron.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: October 01, 2012, 10:23:27 am »

So, I had a thought. I haven't looked at the save, but, is hell still flooded with magma?
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2007 on: October 01, 2012, 02:53:05 pm »

Save and EOY upload should be up soonish. We had another ambush, which promptly got drowned, and then flooded the world (again), and a 2 goblins successfully managed to survive (the pressurized water shot it out of the entrance and it managed to reach a ledge). I installed the drawbridge with the retraction in the wrong direction; I forgot that water could pass on a edge ...

For the next player. Expect 1-2 FPS for about 30 minutes until the fort dries out (again). It should get back up to 20-ish pretty quick.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: October 01, 2012, 03:00:36 pm »

.... that flooding device will be the end of us..... I almost want to take a turn but I'm afraid I'd be the one to destroy it in a newbie mistake.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2009 on: October 01, 2012, 03:15:47 pm »

.... that flooding device will be the end of us..... I almost want to take a turn but I'm afraid I'd be the one to destroy it in a newbie mistake.

BTW, you became moody and generated a fairly valuable bracelet.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 167