Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188273 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

I'll try to keep that in mind tomorrow.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deja Vu detected.
"There's a glitch in the Matrix."
Talc coffin and Pterosaur demon events happened at the appex of Migrantopia.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

Didn't see any demons during my time, but those talc coffins I think were in the 4 corners of hell.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually just went through the earlier times of the thread and... Has it really been 44 pages since the tumbleweed?

Oh, and Aussie...

Why not just use the magma pumps leftover from me filling Hell, build a channel to where the water is flowing, and obsidianize it?

Anyone can reclaim a FB-infested fortress with speardwarves.  It takes Bay12-crazy to reclaim it with a random assortment of craftsdwarves.

Anyone can obsidianize a small flow of water. It takes a Bay12-crazy to rig up a massive, insane project for something simple :P

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Journal of Oliolli
Part Eleven: Pit House found

5th of Opal, 103

Well, I just found out why we have not yet found the famous Pit House. Someone has built a wall over the only way in.

8th of Opal, 103

...aaand someone has deconstructed a set of stairs leading down there...

9th of Opal, 103

In the vicinity there is also a magma forge and a magma smelter. Both are currently inaccessible due to water (Where did that come from?) but...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In addition there are 4 more adamantine swords, as well as 10 iron swords, an adamantine crutch and an adamantine sarcophagus.

18th of Opal, 103

Zasit Febdallith, our militia commander has been taken by a mood...

20th of Opal, 103

...and has claimed a mason's workshop.

Also, Operation HYLJE 2.0 is not far anymore. Some channels need to be dug and a lever pulled.

21st of opal, 103

The famous Pit House is still around! Although full of magma... What sort of an idiot would fill it with magma!?!?

Spoiler: The breach (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bottom level (click to show/hide)

27th of Opal, 103

Zasit has begun his construction. I went to check what he has with him, and was surprised to see nothing but a single schist boulder.

1st of Obsidian, 103

Another month has passed. Operation HYLJE 2.0 is on hold as we attempt to save the magma forge and magma smelter I mentioned earlier. I now wonder if I could use all that water to help clear the pit house...

And yes, I did set EricBlank's job description to "Spartan".
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:50:03 pm by Oliolli »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Journal of Oliolli
Part Twelve: Last Entry

3rd of Obsidian, 103

The militia commander has completed his work. He has created Minbaz Gonggash, a schist coffer.

...great job...

24th of Obsidian, 103

A new ghost has appeared, for the first time during my year-long reign. My guess is that it is that of one of the migrants who got slaughtered.

26th of Obsidian, 103

It has been one year since Mitch handed me Zas Ebal. I've decided that, come spring, I shall be handing it off to someone else. I don't think I can take this anymore...

1st of Granite, 104

This shall be my final entry. Operation HYLJE 2.0 is very close to completion. I will now hand Zas Ebal and the rule of Swordthunders down to EricBlank, who did a good job disposing of the goblin hammerman. I hope he is as good at running a fortress as he is at throwing helpless goblins into certain doom...

Incoming save... Just... don't kill us all... Please?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:01:20 am by Oliolli »

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is time for Urist McLeonidas.
Also, the pentacle contains magic that teleports it to the next owner if Swordthunders falls again. Just saying.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I've PM'ed Eric Blank. 

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I acknowledge my turn and will begin sometime tomorrow. Or Thursday. College-dependent, really. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

You know, that epic armoury isn't totally submerged itself. Just dig from that adamantine spire.

OH AND DONT FORGET TO LOCK THAT DOOR.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know, but I started thinking about how to get to those adamantine wafers in the room to the right. You know, the one 7/7 full of water? I dug a large-ish area to the right of that water empty, so that could potentially be used for draining some water, or it could be poured into the adamantine spire, which leads to the pit house.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Why not just pump it out over the quarry level?  Plenty of room for the water to spread out.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

<.<
>.>

Same reason as for why I started Operation HYLJE 2.0 instead of simply applying magma.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Alright, it doesn't look like I'm gonna get the luxury to set fire to your masterpiece within the week. Leave it to the next guy. :(
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

OK, I will play during weekend.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 167