Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188409 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Well, at least he's not slowing down the succession fort any.

It's really hard to go slower than 0.

Well we had a little pace for a while.  It's hard to play a fort that actively warps space and time to deter people playing it.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Suddenly... a muffin. Please shoot me with a railgun now.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Well, at least he's not slowing down the succession fort any.

It's really hard to go slower than 0.

Don't give it ideas, dude. The last thing we, as a species, need is for Swordthunders to figure out how to make time go backwards.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Any ideas how long it'd take for time to go back so far that Swordthunders is no longer sentient, thus being incapable of re-reversing time?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Any ideas how long it'd take for time to go back so far that Swordthunders is no longer sentient, thus being incapable of re-reversing time?

Well, then we'd just go and make Swordthunders again. Endless Groundhog Day loop.

This holds true even if we were able to retain our knowledge of what happens.

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile

Hmmm, maybe if we obsidianized hell it would cooperate...
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you guys want, I'd be willing to take a turn and concentrate 100% of my efforts on simply organizing and cleaning up the mess.

As long as this fort has been running, I imagine it's a nightmare of half-finished projects and millions of stones floating around.  I have no problem dedicating a year to the creation and feeding of many atom smashers.  I might even be able to set them up as part of a defensive network of traps depending on how much room there is around the existing defensive structures.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you guys want, I'd be willing to take a turn and concentrate 100% of my efforts on simply organizing and cleaning up the mess.

As long as this fort has been running, I imagine it's a nightmare of half-finished projects and millions of stones floating around.  I have no problem dedicating a year to the creation and feeding of many atom smashers.  I might even be able to set them up as part of a defensive network of traps depending on how much room there is around the existing defensive structures.

You're added to the list, you poor soul.  This fort actively resists people trying to play it, so Armok help you.  Honestly though, if there were going to be surface defenses in this hellhole, lava would be the only acceptable option.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Godspeed, Farmerbob. Anything we should tell your next of kin?

(Normally, my reaction to everyone else failing so miserably would be to grab the ravening crime against reality by the horns and sign up for a turn myself, but I have strong moral compunctions against fucking with eldritch forces beyond my comprehension, so I'll just sit here making snide comments.)
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Godspeed, Farmerbob. Anything we should tell your next of kin?

(Normally, my reaction to everyone else failing so miserably would be to grab the ravening crime against reality by the horns and sign up for a turn myself, but I have strong moral compunctions against fucking with eldritch forces beyond my comprehension, so I'll just sit here making snide comments.)

If you want something to play with that's... less eldritch in its horrors, have a look at The Spire of Armok in my sig.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 09:40:59 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Normally, my reaction to everyone else failing so miserably would be to grab the ravening crime against reality by the horns and sign up for a turn myself, but I have strong moral compunctions against fucking with eldritch forces beyond my comprehension, so I'll just sit here making snide comments.

Maybe I should make a sig in the sig thread...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile

Normally, my reaction to everyone else failing so miserably would be to grab the ravening crime against reality by the horns and sign up for a turn myself, but I have strong moral compunctions against fucking with eldritch forces beyond my comprehension, so I'll just sit here making snide comments.

Maybe I should make a sig in the sig thread...
That would be a good idea.  This thread is full of delicious quotes.

Part of me is wants to give this another shot, but the rest of me realized it would probably result in something truly horrible happening. 

But what's the worst that could happen?  I mean really?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 01:06:14 pm by Vehudur »
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Draconik_Sankis

• Bay Watcher
  • Science is Progress, and Progress is !!FUN!!
    • View Profile

The worse that could happen?

you Dig into Spearbreakers, linking these two Bastions of insanity, and time-space cluster fuckery and basicaly divide reality as we know it by zero, repeatly, Either that or Sanity would be returned to ThatAussieGuy, and/or Mr Frog...which leads to the same conculsion.  Now if you'll excuse me i'm going back to reading myself deeper into insanity.

Nice story here.  Good Job to ThatAussieGuy, grade A Insanity

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're added to the list, you poor soul.  This fort actively resists people trying to play it, so Armok help you.  Honestly though, if there were going to be surface defenses in this hellhole, lava would be the only acceptable option.

I've got a pretty modern machine with 16GB of RAM and a strong video card.  I will need to know what version of DF I will need to acquire to play this save, since I know it's an older than current version, and no computer is going to make the game work right if the code is all wonked up due to mismatched versions.
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

31.25, if I'm not mistaken.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 167