Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188975 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

Swordthunders is to DF players like Avast is to viruses. The formers scare away the latters.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile

Swordthunders is to DF players like Avast is to viruses. The formers scare away the latters.

Yeah.. One reason I've been moving so slow is this fort terrifies me. It's not the demons, nor the dwarves, nor the forgotten beasts, nor the goblins, nor even the elves.

It's the fort.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

Yeah.. One reason I've been moving so slow is this fort terrifies me. It's not the demons, nor the dwarves, nor the forgotten beasts, nor the goblins, nor even the elves.

It's the fort.

What's so scary about it?

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile

1) The labyrinthine passages. I always feel like I might have left some unblocked passage. Or maybe the hallways are jeering at me, and I don't notice 'cause I don't read Chinese.

2) The stuff, oh god the stuff. It makes my brain want to terminate itself. That's why my prime goal is to incinerate as much as I can as fast as I can.

3) The way it talks to me in my sleep. Oh god. ASCII dreams.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1) The labyrinthine passages. I always feel like I might have left some unblocked passage. Or maybe the hallways are jeering at me, and I don't notice 'cause I don't read Chinese.

2) The stuff, oh god the stuff. It makes my brain want to terminate itself. That's why my prime goal is to incinerate as much as I can as fast as I can.

1) Funny, I thought the place was pretty linear, myself.  Armok help you if you ever look at the fort I shared with Mitchewawa.

2) Why is everyone so determined to destroy all the stuff on the empty quarry level?...

3) Huh, guess using Ironhand must've helped maintain my KILLMAGMABURN sanity or something. 

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bah..elf!

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1) Funny, I thought the place was pretty linear, myself.  Armok help you if you ever look at the fort I shared with Mitchewawa.

2) Why is everyone so determined to destroy all the stuff on the empty quarry level?...

3) Huh, guess using Ironhand must've helped maintain my KILLMAGMABURN sanity or something.

empty quarry level

I never noticed an empty quarry level while I was there.  ???

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Empty as in "I mined out all the stone and used it"

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Haha, Avast scared away the virus. If you finish your year and post the save up later, Vehudur (though following our tradition of being lazy and skipping turns, more likely Splint) will have to scan the file before downloading. Just in case.

If it makes you guys feel safer, pass the save to me before uploading. I have a Linux system and mad virus killing skills. I love Swordthunders too much to let something as un-dorfy as a virus hinder the reclaim attempt.

To the viruses: COME AT ME, BROS!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Empty as in "I mined out all the stone and used it"

Still a lot of stone there.

Haha, Avast scared away the virus. If you finish your year and post the save up later, Vehudur (though following our tradition of being lazy and skipping turns, more likely Splint) will have to scan the file before downloading. Just in case.

If it makes you guys feel safer, pass the save to me before uploading. I have a Linux system and mad virus killing skills. I love Swordthunders too much to let something as un-dorfy as a virus hinder the reclaim attempt.

The forgotten beast Izeremag Ombemong has come! A huge virus composed of adamantine. It has external ribs and a gaunt appearance. Beware it's deadly dust!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The forgotten beast Izeremag Ombemong has come! A huge virus composed of adamantine. It has external ribs and a gaunt appearance. Beware it's deadly dust!

Mego strikes the virus in the cortex with rm -rf!
The virus staggers backwards and collapses!
The virus has been struck down!

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mapleguy555 strikes Mego with ☼Syringe☼, injecting a load of giant sponge DNA into the blood stream!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mego takes an antibiotic and points out to Mapleguy555 that DNA doesn't work like that.

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

cousac casts receive uber-headache.

It's super effective!

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oliolli facepalms at how slowly the fort is progressing.

It does absolutely nothing!

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 167