Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188984 times)

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure thing, I thought they weren't to bad, but its always a safe bet to put those spoilers up =)

Hell from the magma sea
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I did manage to find the 'hell hole' that goes from the surface down. Its not much to look at though. Not sure what you meant by zoomed out, but this is about the best I could do, my computer barely handles the map in 3D, its allot of Z levels and pretty big.

Hope you all enjoy again, and again thanks Aussie for sharing! This is one of those inspirational forts, its not overwhelming and shows what you can do to have a bit of simple fun =)

P.S. if your curious there still is a Z level or two of the red stuff down there.

I think that's the hole I made, in the center.

Also, how'd you change that setting in Overseer?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I put a link to the post-o'-pics in the OP, runlvlzero.  Cheers for sharing them. 

Sssssekretsssss!!!

Interesting... Oliolli, care to share something with the group?   Where was that found, runlvlzero?

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure thing, I thought they weren't to bad, but its always a safe bet to put those spoilers up =)

Hell from the magma sea

I did manage to find the 'hell hole' that goes from the surface down. Its not much to look at though. Not sure what you meant by zoomed out, but this is about the best I could do, my computer barely handles the map in 3D, its allot of Z levels and pretty big.

Hope you all enjoy again, and again thanks Aussie for sharing! This is one of those inspirational forts, its not overwhelming and shows what you can do to have a bit of simple fun =)

P.S. if your curious there still is a Z level or two of the red stuff down there.

@rridgeway, I made the camera 'just' pierce the underside of the semi molten sea so it wouldn't draw the "roof" of hell.

@Aussieguy, its in the bottom near the edge of the screen when you shift down z levels you should see it. I believe there's other designated graffiti in there too lol...

I should knock the patch out of the strawberry hole in my save, just above the patch you can see all the way up to the sky lol.

I wanted to write a kinda dwarven 'pathfinder' rover skit for them, but I didn't manage to work up the creative urge enough. I'm still very honored to have them linked up in the OP =)
I voted for BANANA!

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hell from the magma sea

@rridgeway, I made the camera 'just' pierce the underside of the semi molten sea so it wouldn't draw the "roof" of hell.

That's not what I meant. Look on the walls of hell, see the small hole?

Also, the changing of the day.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 11:16:58 pm by rridgway »

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile

Just updating that I'm still attempting to work towards my year, when I have the time. I'll be slow, but I'll be steady. I'll keep updates coming, bit by bit.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

I put a link to the post-o'-pics in the OP, runlvlzero.  Cheers for sharing them. 

Sssssekretsssss!!!

Interesting... Oliolli, care to share something with the group?   Where was that found, runlvlzero?

I had to leave some sort of mark there. It's just south of the waterworks.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@rridgway, there is a hole in the wall O.o I wasn't sure if that was a visual artifact or what =) good job!

The ini file settings in 'overseer.ini' bellow change time:
I voted for BANANA!

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@rridgway, there is a hole in the wall O.o I wasn't sure if that was a visual artifact or what =) good job!

The ini file settings in 'overseer.ini' bellow change time:

Well, I did make the hole, its only fitting I spotted it.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I did make the hole, its only fitting I spotted it.

Missed Mitchewawa's already-placed pumps?  Or were you just expanding the whole thing?

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dang malware. Got something causing all of my browsers (except opera) to close upon opening. And flash keeps on crashing. maybe I shouldn't continue on this computer. I don't want to infect anyone with the savegame (think I've had viruses infect flash drives, so I don't know how it affects uploads to DFFD). I'll get going on my other computer.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dang malware. Got something causing all of my browsers (except opera) to close upon opening. And flash keeps on crashing. maybe I shouldn't continue on this computer. I don't want to infect anyone with the savegame (think I've had viruses infect flash drives, so I don't know how it affects uploads to DFFD). I'll get going on my other computer.

No problem.  Avast is a good free AV program, if you need one

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Avast is a good free AV program, if you need one

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. I find that when I get a virus, its something that kaspersky or even MS security essentials doesn't pick up, and which latches itself firmly into system files. I've got hijackthis, so if avast don't work, I'll send a report in to MS and see what their mods can do.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile

Quick tip: If you can figure out where the virus's files reside, a flash drive with Linux installed makes for a great antivirus program.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I installed a trial version of AVG internet security 2012, and the problems stopped happening as soon as I ran it. I ran a scan, and nothing showed up. I don't know what happened there, but I hope it doesn't just start happening again when I finish the trial. I'll try some other programs if it does.

I'll see what I can do today in the fort.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

Haha, Avast scared away the virus. If you finish your year and post the save up later, Vehudur (though following our tradition of being lazy and skipping turns, more likely Splint) will have to scan the file before downloading. Just in case.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 167