Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 167

Author Topic: The Community Reclaims Swordthunders - We need more lunatics to run this asylum!  (Read 188858 times)

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile

Jebus, this thing is crawling along slower than a legless dorf holding a baby and a legendary bow searching for the ever-elusive owned sock....

Speaking of which....

well, never mind.

I think I'll move this process to a computer that isn't from the 90s.

might be able to play a month in under 24 hours that way.

cousac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I decided to take a peek....to summarize:

whuck.

"Ahright, lissen up; you malodorous, malformed, putrescent, 'mok-forsaken lil' mini-orcs! I'm here to drink some tea and kick some asses. Either way, sumptin' gonna get tea-bagged tonight!"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I wonder, does this place suffer from medical malpractice?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile

I wonder, does this place suffer from medical malpractice?

I can't speak for the reclaim, but in the original fort I drove the dwarf civ to extinction via overly-cruel slavedriving to get the Walls built in Hell.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

I was just wondering, because a sucession I'm heading has had more soldiers die due to medical ineptitude than actual combat. Civilians too, when they get hurt in accidents or caught in the crossfire of the army and invaders. Or in one case dodged down a massive pit into a mess of spikes. Such a shame too, he was our best miner....

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm wondering, its winter now. does that mean I should play to the next obsidian? or spring?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm wondering, its winter now. does that mean I should play to the next obsidian? or spring?

Standard's spring-to-spring.  If it started mid-year because someone gave up part-way through, you can play their remaining year and your own.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

5 Obsidian 105

I am Erib Adagkulet. this is my 78th year. Henceforth I shall be known as "Cellmonk".

as this winter closes, and a new year begins, I shall bring to those who follow me a great wealth, a great security, a great prosperity

I am the first of the Daemonblades. Our army shall be strong under my guidance.

Now dwarves are running about trying to organize this mess of vomit and blood and xXsockXx's. But I think some things must come before we worry about sanitation or sanity. first We must take charge of the fort. We must secure weapons and armor by any means possible. We must secure food such that none shall in these wall again. We must build a strong army, such that none shall ever fear the light-saber of the goblin, nor the vapors of the beasts of the deep, nor the savage cries of the hellspawn again.

Swordthunders shall be strong again. We shall bring to it glory, not merely feed off the fruit of its past keepers.

Edit: organization isn't quite that bad it seems. Someone has already started stockpiling weapons and armor. what we need now is many bins.

We must also burn some of the rubish lying everywhere. as well as pile up all the corpses somewhere

Edit 2: UUUUHHHHHH the fps. always drives me crazy. especially when theres a lot of stuff to get done.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:34:12 pm by Cellmonk »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile

We must also burn some of the rubish lying everywhere.

Just please, don't magma-flood the quarry level again...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:25:12 pm by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile

Edit: organization isn't quite that bad it seems. Someone has already started stockpiling weapons and armor.

*pride*
And Squirrelloid thought all my hauling was dumb.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm curious to see how filling the Cistern will turn out, personally.  I suspect it will run ignored for several turns till it's dangerously full and then some hapless overseer will try to figure out what the levers near it do...

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the only really dangerous one is marked, right?

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Adamantine Throne, Wall
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Guardhouse and Villa

Btw I read your original fort thread and been lurking in this one, thought I would share, FREEEKING awesome fort =) Fun times!

I couldn't find the graffiti may still be under lava, and I couldn't find the hole from the surface to the strawberry patch, but I did find some 'green mossy' stuff down there that Overseer decided to render. =)

Hope you guys don't mind me posting these. I also posted them in the Overseer thread giving Aussie credit.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:57:32 pm by runlvlzero »
I voted for BANANA!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stick them in a spoiler tag each due to their size, but otherwise I don't have a problem.

Those are pretty cool.  Is a general zoomed-out picture of all of Hell possible?

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sure thing, I thought they weren't to bad, but its always a safe bet to put those spoilers up =)

Main Gate, at night =)

In hell, zoomed out

In hell, zoomed out again

Hell from the magma sea

Entrance in the jungle

Main Gate rising out of the jungle

Looking into the great cistern

Sssssekretsssss!!!

The main living complex

Almost everything! Migrantopia down in the bottom right...

I did manage to find the 'hell hole' that goes from the surface down. Its not much to look at though. Not sure what you meant by zoomed out, but this is about the best I could do, my computer barely handles the map in 3D, its allot of Z levels and pretty big.

Hope you all enjoy again, and again thanks Aussie for sharing! This is one of those inspirational forts, its not overwhelming and shows what you can do to have a bit of simple fun =)

P.S. if your curious there still is a Z level or two of the red stuff down there.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:54:37 pm by runlvlzero »
I voted for BANANA!
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 167