Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 68

Author Topic: Commissar Quest - Apparently flak armour isn't very good  (Read 82056 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile

You should have eleven frags and one krak grenade, total.

Also posting actions via audio quotes is a good idea.

Youtube clips are also fine.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 08:34:08 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile

Are we fit enough to throw a krak into where the mining laser is?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably, but that seems like a waste of your only anti-armour weapon.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm. Frag, then? Anyone else have any ideas?

Any information we have on the mining lasers? What's their ROF?
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They're supposed to be connected directly to the local powergrid or a vehicle-mounted generator, to enable a continuous rate of excavation limited only by overheating. This one might be hooked up to the main power, or be using batteries similar to a lascannon.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dammit. This is where we need a full regiment. If we had one of those, this thing would overheat for sure.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

Follow Jayne Cobb's advice.
I love the movie, the show, the history.... It's so epic!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

((another missed thing: tell me of it... :D)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Serenity, the movie of Firefly.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-=-Handoria Insurrection-=-
Every Commissar has to start somewhere
Part 8

Mergen's Marauders
Fireteam One
MoraleConfident
Name   Rank   Weapon   Speciality   Extra   Health   
Quinton MergenSergeantGrenade Launcher2 Det PackUninjured
Tarra VasiCorporalLasgunVox Operator2 FragUninjured
Quinton LabonneTrooperLasgun2 FragUninjured
Thaddeus HaareTrooperLasgun2 FragUninjured
Moises NaefTrooperLasgun2 FragUninjured
Fireteam Two
MoraleConfident
Name         Rank         Weapon         Speciality         Extra         Health         
Octavius HalianCommissar CadetSabre + Laspistol1 KrakUninjured
Elwood SturnCorporalFlamer1 FragUninjured
Ming ModicTrooperLasgunMedicae1 FragUninjured
Thaddeus ShuskeyTrooperShotgun1 FragUninjured
Rod SaglimbenTrooperShotgun1 FragUninjured
Laurinda BurrelTrooperShotgun1 FragUninjured

You quietly give the order for each trooper to ready a frag grenade, and at your signal a hail of six frags fly into the hall. Three of them land in the laser emplacement, while the other three land off in the maze of crates surrounding it. You are unsure if they were aimed intentionally, but the results are clear: after a brief period of cursing and shouting, they detonate almost as one, sending debris and body parts everywhere. You're already brandishing your sabre and firing randomly into darkness as you charge, the team following quickly. Sturn in particular sweeps the wreckage with the flamer. A few survivors emerge, running about like living torches before collapsing.

A quick examination confirms that the mining laser is disabled, its housing completely warped by the explosions and fire. It seems to have been battery-fed, producing an effect not dissimilar to a standard lascannon. This group also had a vox set, so it's likely they were able to get word out about you.

You vox to Mergen, "Grid I6 secure, enemy force was a squad strength militia based around the mining laser. They had a vox caster, so assume our presence is known. Moving on to secure prisoners."

N6 appears to be some sort of warehousing, with row upon row of large shipping containers. On a suspicion, you bang loudly on the nearest.

"Whaaaat?" a voice screams back, muffled by the thick walls.

"This is the Calystian PDF, here to liberate Handoria. I assume you're a loyalist?"

"Yeeeaaah!"

At your order, your team blows the locks off the containers. The emerging captives are dirty and pale (compared to other subterranean dwellers, anyway), but they have military bearing and wear the remnants of PDF uniforms. The most senior-looking one introduces himself as Lieutenant Vaccarella, formerly a platoon commander. His squad was captured along with a few others in the opening hours of the uprising, and have spent the past week in their makeshift prisons. None of them are badly hurt, just sore and disoriented.

"With your permission Sir, we'll assist you in any way we can" Vaccarella says. "None of us have any kit, but we might be able to scrounge something up."

R28 - Ollious Jorgan
M13 - Vox transmission
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 12:22:06 am by Shade-o »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check if there was any kit in the group you just killed.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From the wreckage you are able to find three lasguns, four autoguns, three stub pistols and related ammunitions. That's the best you can get for his squad. The rest of the gear is either securely fastened, blown apart, or soaked in human debris.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pass them out, according to their training.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile

or soaked in human debris.
So what its just debris?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

or soaked in human debris.
So what its just debris?

Blood, urine, faeces, skin, bone fragments, and other stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 68