Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 239

Author Topic: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)  (Read 236022 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnpick (My Little Fortress)
« Reply #690 on: February 14, 2012, 07:40:07 pm »

Is this still going even though DF 2012 is out?

ya, I'm wondering about that too
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 07:46:09 pm by jaxler »
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 14, 2012, 07:50:03 pm »

Yeah, I plan to continue it for now.  There's going to be bug fix releases and all for the new version, so I won't be really playing anything big in it for a while yet.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 14, 2012, 07:53:17 pm »

I hold my alcohol far worse than Stiletto does.  As the mug is filled and emptied repeatedly, I start to hum a happy tune.  Before too long, I start singing quietly and wordlessly in middle baritone, just letting my happiness flow as easily as the wine. 

((Hooray, Dawnpick continues!))
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

L1wW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 14, 2012, 07:54:56 pm »

Yeah, I plan to continue it for now.  There's going to be bug fix releases and all for the new version, so I won't be really playing anything big in it for a while yet.

Awesome! Might get enough time to see full grown badass champion Granite Owlpastime the LegendaryThief-Slaying Hero of Dawnpick aka some random mechanic/smith fellow... if he doesn't wind up dead in the well contaminating the water supply with pony blood, but regardless thanks for keeping it going

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 14, 2012, 08:14:49 pm »

well that makes me happy.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 14, 2012, 10:22:30 pm »

"You sing Flux?" *Stiletto flutters her eyes, clearly not immune to all the wine she has been ingesting* "I would love to her you sing."
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 14, 2012, 11:06:10 pm »

"Sing?  Oh!  Um, yes.  My, uh, family thought I'd get a music cutie mark, but..."

I trail off, remembering my past.  But with the present staring me in the eyes, how could I refuse her a song?

"I, uh, know a fun bar song.  It looses a bit without instruments, but I'll sing it anyway."

I tap a bit of a beat on the table and hum the introduction to set myself up, then start singing.

Who's coming with me?
To kick a hole in the sky
 I love the sunshine
Lets drink that stuff till it's dry
So grab a moonshine, Orange wine
Whatever you need
Have a shot from the bottle
Doesn't matter to me

'Nother round, fill her up
Hammer down, grab a cup
Bottoms up!

This is what it's all about
No one can slow us down
We ain't gonna stop until the clock runs out
Hell can't handle all of us
So get your bottles up
Drinkin' every drop until it all runs out

Hammer down, grab a cup
Bottoms up!

So grab your best friend
 And make your way to the bar
 But keep your distance
We're gonna light it on fire
We're drinkin' black root, 80 Proof
Straight Dragon's breath
Slam as much as you can take
and then we're on to the next

Hammer down, grab a cup
Bottoms up!

This is what it's all about
No one can slow us down
We ain't gonna stop until the clock runs out
Hell can't handle all of us
So get your bottles up
Drinkin' every drop until it all runs out

Hammer down, grab a cup
Bottoms up!

I smile after finishing the song, happy to have sang a fun, energetic song in front of somepony for the first time in a long time.

(Song is Bottoms Up by Nickelback, lyrics adjusted by me and Tallpanzer.)
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 14, 2012, 11:25:17 pm »

Stiletto applauds by lightly hoofing the ground repeatedly.

"That was wonderful  Flux, where did you learn to sing like that?"

The barrel fills the mug another time, empty now, the last few drops fall into the cup.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 14, 2012, 11:32:36 pm »

I blush deeply when I realize that everypony in the bar had to have heard my song, then quietly answer Stiletto.

"Um, my entire family entertains.  They thought I'd have a singing cutie mark, but I, uh, don't handle crowds well."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 15, 2012, 12:02:45 am »

"Bad form to leave a section half-carved anyway." At this point Powder Miner begins work on the next section, beginning to dig out a round corner of the next boulder.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 08:13:25 pm by Powder Miner »

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 15, 2012, 01:00:02 am »

"Oh, you are afraid of crowds Flux? My uncle Harpsichord would say 'Use that fear to drive you'. Your singing is excellent and is a Travestie you do not do it more."

Stiletto drinks the last cup of Blood orange wine and hic-ups. She quickly covers her mouth with a wing and recovers herself.

"I might be having to much to drink." *Uncorks another Barrel and winks at Flux* "More?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 15, 2012, 01:18:37 am »

"Um, are you s-s-sure we should drink even more?  I'm, uh, pretty shloshed..."

Jackknife402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 15, 2012, 02:45:45 am »

Mortar smirked at Jaxler. "Not so true, one of those creatures; if I got it's description right through the stone, is made of a liquid, but the chucks in the material it seems to be vomit of some kind. My experience in the MGMC taught me one thing: mythical creatures made of liquids go splat very easily. The other one might pose a bit of a hazard; but I"m certain our military; fully equiped and well trained as they are, can handle it quite well. Mortar gave Jaxler a reassuring pat. "And I'd strike sooner than wall you and the others in; I'd rather pick up a hammer and join you.

Mortar stopped for a few moments and watched Powder, then smirked. "I see you're getting much better, but you're still fracturing against the grain of the stone a bit too much, try working with the grain...your cuts will be cleaner and the stone above all else more useable to me."

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 15, 2012, 12:36:08 pm »

Jaxler really didn't feel any better that one of the monsters was made of water. If anything it meant that there body composition could vary widely, if one was made of water maybe it is equally possible that one could be made of pure iron. but the one thing that was more unsettling to him than his realization was the hoof that just patted his shoulder.

"Mortar, please promise me that you will never try to help me Kill anything. I put my life on the line every day so that you don't haft to and I don't want to be accountable if you get hurt. your a civilian, so please don't charge in with a hammer, that's my job."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 07:44:37 pm by jaxler »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 15, 2012, 04:49:19 pm »

Arbalest on way to catapult. Trap nearby. Animal trap. Arbalest not know trap before. New trap.

Arbalest walk over to trap. It triggered. Little creatu-

Arbalest shake head. Not true. Can't be.

"Boo!"

"Squeak!" says Boo.

I opened the trap. Boo is back! Now time for camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel! The stuff of legends, right Boo? "Squeek!"
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 239