Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: Endless RTD - Steampunk Nazi Fiasco  (Read 55751 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Endless RTD - Steampunk Nazi Fiasco
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2012, 10:28:21 am »

Silently remount the skiff and maneuvre it into a position where I can a) if Zack the Blessed starts to fall, dive the skiff towards him in an attempt to save him from the drop or b) if the Nazi mecha approaches, drive towards it (and hopefully the Nazi footsoldiers) at top speed, activate the jet boosters when a short distance away, and then tuckandroll off to safety.

p.s. sorry everyone
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:30:16 am by lawastooshort »

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #196 on: February 01, 2012, 04:06:09 pm »

Precarious hanging and vehicle-fu already? Oh boy!

Turn 31 - Vehicular Freefall
Skeleton! Help me up!
Me: Start pulling the cloth-rope!

(...) You feel Uni-Skeleton's bony hands wrap around your waist and yank you back onto the catwalk! The force of your movement causes the bandage to tighten painfully around your head, then snap!
(...) You dive forward wildly grasping at the air and just manage to clutch your fingers around the retreating bandage! You hold on with all your might, mightily struggling against the weight of Zack and the Nazi janitor!

Suddenly, a heavy object collides with the side of your head and you lose hold of the bandage! The bandages wrapped around your head manage to cushion your cranium for the most part, but the projectile still causes minor bleeding from your temple.
Seeing this as an ideal time for target practice, Fekod tries to remove the janitor from Zach via spiky rock projectile.
(...) You leap onto the dashboard of the skiff, inserting a sharp rock into Old Faithful and training its sights on the hanging duo. The cross-hair centers itself, and you assert your grip on the trigger...

Suddenly the skiff lurches forward, jerking your aim off-target and throwing you to the side! You slam into the catwalk as the skiff flies past and the sharp rock is jettisoned from the barrel! The spinning rock strikes Derm in the head, tearing the skin and bruising the skull!

"Armok Shezrôd!"
Try to stay still to give Fekod a better chance to hit the janitor, then, after he hits or misses, carefully climb up the rope and try to get on the catwalk! Try to wait for Derm to get up and get a hold of the rope first.
If I fall off the rope somehow, try to use the gems as handholds!

(...) The bandage sways dangerously, the fickle fibers slowly giving way under yours and the janitor's weight. With all your strength you reach up toward the catwalk, but no sooner have your fingers begun to wrap around the edge of it than the bandage suddenly jerks backward! You lose hold, falling backward with the Nazi janitor toward the hard marble floor below!
Silently go down the first downward staircase to the entrance hall then sneak behind the Nazi force and head down the path leading elsewhere.
(...) Slithering along the floor like a fluorescent purple garden snake, you slide down the stairs and assess the situation in the entrance hall. The four Nazi guardsmen and one mech pilot are standing near the exit ramp, staring collectively at the situation unfolding on the other side of the room. After quickly analyzing their equipment and making a plan, you sneak up behind one of the Nazi guardsmen and pull the pin on one of his flash grenades. You then run off across the entrance hall, allowing the device to detonate and blind the whole group temporarily.

Arriving at the junction at the far end of the entrance hall, you duck into an alcove and peek around the hall. To the right from the doorway you came through is an ornate hallway, leading to what appears to be a small barracks and mess hall. Several other paths split off from the hallway. You can hear more soldiers approaching from one of them. To the left is a downward staircase, spiraling out of sight.
Silently remount the skiff and maneuvre it into a position where I can a) if Zack the Blessed starts to fall, dive the skiff towards him in an attempt to save him from the drop or b) if the Nazi mecha approaches, drive towards it (and hopefully the Nazi footsoldiers) at top speed, activate the jet boosters when a short distance away, and then tuckandroll off to safety.
(...) Briefly firing off the jet thrusters to get enough speed in the tight space, you accelerate the skiff forward at top speed! Fekod is thrown aside as you speed across the wide catwalk and slam through the railing! The spinning rock from Fekod's arm cannon soars past and strikes Derm in the head as the skiff tips over the edge and goes airborne! The skiff twists through the air as Zack and the Nazi janitor begin to fall, but you move into place just in time to snatch them both out of the air!

You quickly pull up and level out the skiff, narrowly avoiding crashing nose-first into the marble floor. The skiff skids and slides across the floor, coming to a stop near the center of the room. The guardsmen and mech pilot appear to be incapacitated temporarily.

Spoiler: Nazi Janitor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nazi Guardsmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mech Pilot (click to show/hide)
Status

Player: lawastooshort
Name: Hilda J Gherkin PhD (Agent Rouge)
Bio
Inventory: A large wrench | Sexy Catsuit | Radio | Pain-Poms | Walther Pistol | Bandage
Wounds: [HP:100/100] Heavy Bleeding
Skills: Misc. Object Usage | Competent Masseuse | Noodle Limbs | One-Two Punch

Player: BullDog
Name: Zack The White (Agent Pearl)
Bio
Inventory: Healing herbs | Nazi Uniform | Scripture of Lumithos | Bandages x7
Wounds: [HP:100/100]
Skills: Speed Reader | First Aid | Light of Lumithos | Incandescent Orb | Salve of Lumithos | Gauze of Lumithos

Player: dermonster
Name: Derm (Agent Fuchsia)
Bio
Inventory: Pink Cloak | Tome of Eldritch Lore | Ritual Dagger | Booze Bottle | Bloody Cloth | Paper Gauze | Bandages x2
Wounds: [HP:58/100] | Missing Tooth x5 | Light Bleeding
Skills: Necromancy (Level 1) | Raise Minion | Morph Undead

Player: Sinpwn
Name: Fekod "The Master Explodinator" (Agent Pewter)
Bio
Inventory: Old Faithful | Funky Hat | Leather Trench Coat | Eye Patch | Tabasco Sauce | Empty Bottle | Bandages x4 | Spiky Rocks x2 | Small Gems x3
Wounds: [HP:85/100] Missing Left Eye | Missing Left Arm
Skills: Explosives Expert

Player: micelus
Name: Baron James Ostal (Agent Heliotrope)
Bio
Inventory: Skeleton Key | Balaclava | Cloak | Grappling Hook | Bandages x2 | Heavy Machine Gun
Skills: Master Thief

Spoiler: Uni-Skeleton (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 01, 2012, 04:12:47 pm »

Quickly Charge the skeleton with a bit more power.
Skeleton: Your movements are (aside from the arm) not hindered by the fleshy meats! Crack open them nazis like walnuts!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 04:33:16 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2012, 04:31:38 pm »

((No no derm! I have a much more failproof plan! And the battlefever!))

Hand control of the skiff over to Zack the Holy, and activate Cheerleader Pattern Bravo 633 (Recommended for Advanced Evasive Action) as Hilda dashes forwards towards the mecha before leaping onto its head/control area, meleeing it with the wrench until she can drag the Steam Nazi lowlife kicking and screaming from his cockpit thing. Throw him to the floor! Steal the mecha! Activate the mecha! Stomp the pilot!

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 01, 2012, 06:20:25 pm »

Quickly knock out the janitor with a hit to the head if he's not already unconscious while waiting for Hilda to get off and clear of the skiff, then head over to Fekod with the skiff and pick him up. Then run over the group of Nazis with the skiff if there is enough space to do so without crashing! If there's not, then move close enough for Fekod to hit them with those gems.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:17:51 pm by BullDog »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2012, 07:06:37 pm »

"Oops... Sorry 'bout that, Derm!"
Load the rubies into old faithful and charge the guards, let loose as soon as they are close enough.

(That is, if I won't get run over by the skiff.)

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2012, 07:29:23 pm »

"Hey, Fekod! I can bring the skiff over and pick you up if you want me to!"

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2012, 07:32:41 pm »

"That'd be swell!"

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2012, 07:42:02 pm »

"Alright then, hold on tight!"

(Action edited ^)

(Oh, and if you prefer that I not try to run over those Nazis, let me know.)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:44:07 pm by BullDog »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2012, 07:53:12 pm »

Sneakily head down the stairs, tampering with all the equipment I find on the way.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #205 on: February 04, 2012, 04:09:49 pm »

A head explodes in this turn.

Turn 32 - Three-prong Assault
Quickly Charge the skeleton with a bit more power.
Skeleton: Your movements are (aside from the arm) not hindered by the fleshy meats! Crack open them nazis like walnuts!

(...) Mystical necromantic energy swirls from your hand, intertwining with Uni-Skeleton's muscles and bulging out his arm! He chatters his teeth in gratitude and bounds over the railing!
(...) Sharp bits of dry bone and undead brain matter scatter across the floor, the result of Uni-Skeleton diving head-first into the hard marble. Uni-Skelton staggers to his feet, then comically stumbles around the room for a while with his arms outstretched. He can still see, of course.
Hand control of the skiff over to Zack the Holy, and activate Cheerleader Pattern Bravo 633 (Recommended for Advanced Evasive Action) as Hilda dashes forwards towards the mecha before leaping onto its head/control area, meleeing it with the wrench until she can drag the Steam Nazi lowlife kicking and screaming from his cockpit thing. Throw him to the floor! Steal the mecha! Activate the mecha! Stomp the pilot!
"Zack, take the wheel! I'm going in!"
(...) You fling yourself from the driver's seat of the skiff and sprint toward the Nazis, your wrench raised in defiance! You reach the group and prepare to leap onto the mech, but are summarily clotheslined by one of the Nazi guardsmen, likely on accident! You fall to the floor, your face aching something fierce.
Quickly knock out the janitor with a hit to the head if he's not already unconscious while waiting for Hilda to get off and clear of the skiff, then head over to Fekod with the skiff and pick him up. Then run over the group of Nazis with the skiff if there is enough space to do so without crashing! If there's not, then move close enough for Fekod to hit them with those gems.
(...) Stepping over the frightened janitor, you hop into the driver's seat and put the skiff into reverse at full speed. You arrowly avoid hitting Fekod, then slam on the brakes to avoid backing into the wall! The janitor groans and turns over.
Load the rubies into old faithful and charge the guards, let loose as soon as they are close enough.
"Oops... Sorry 'bout that, Derm!"
(...) Flipping nimbly over the railing, you handspring off the passing skiff on your way down and make a ten-point landing on the entrance hall floor. You then charge toward the group of Nazis, loading the rubies into Old Faithful and training your sights on the group! (ATT) (DEF) The glimmering red buckshot erupts from the end of the barrel, two of the gems striking the last Nazi on the right in the head! He falls to the ground, screaming and bleeding from his cranium! The last ruby ricochets off the second Nazi from the right's collarbone, causing him to stumble and recoil in pain!
Sneakily head down the stairs, tampering with all the equipment I find on the way.
(...) You sneak off down the stairs, putting holes in paintings and smashing vases as you go along. One minute and several flights of stairs later, you arrive in a foyer at a deeper part of the citadel. The bodies of several guardsmen are stacked up nearby. The room is half-demolished, a huge hole in the wall revealing a bathroom in a similar state of being. One of the toilets appears to have been blown up, and a constant stream of water gushes from a pipe in the floor.

Across the room, you see... a man wearing dark purple robes and a balaclava, toting a grappling hook swung over his shoulder and a hand-held radio. He seems to be looting one of the bodies.

Spoiler: Nazi Janitor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nazi Guardsmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mech Pilot (click to show/hide)
Status

Player: lawastooshort
Name: Hilda J Gherkin PhD (Agent Rouge)
Bio
Inventory: A large wrench | Sexy Catsuit | Radio | Pain-Poms | Walther Pistol | Bandage
Skills: Misc. Object Usage | Competent Masseuse | Noodle Limbs | One-Two Punch

Player: BullDog
Name: Zack The White (Agent Pearl)
Bio
Inventory: Healing herbs | Nazi Uniform | Scripture of Lumithos | Bandages x7
Skills: Speed Reader | First Aid | Light of Lumithos | Incandescent Orb | Salve of Lumithos | Gauze of Lumithos

Player: dermonster
Name: Derm (Agent Fuchsia)
Bio
Inventory: Pink Cloak | Tome of Eldritch Lore | Ritual Dagger | Booze Bottle | Bloody Cloth | Paper Gauze | Bandages x2
Wounds: [HP:57/100] | Missing Tooth x5 | Light Bleeding
Skills: Necromancy (Level 1) | Raise Minion | Morph Undead

Player: Sinpwn
Name: Fekod "The Master Explodinator" (Agent Pewter)
Bio
Inventory: Old Faithful | Funky Hat | Leather Trench Coat | Eye Patch | Tabasco Sauce | Empty Bottle | Bandages x4 | Spiky Rocks x2 | Small Gems x3
Wounds: [HP:89/100] Missing Left Eye | Missing Left Arm
Skills: Explosives Expert

Player: micelus
Name: Baron James Ostal (Agent Heliotrope)
Bio
Inventory: Skeleton Key | Balaclava | Cloak | Grappling Hook | Bandages x2 | Heavy Machine Gun
Skills: Master Thief

Spoiler: Uni-Skeleton (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 04, 2012, 04:17:59 pm »

Take the gauze and cloth out of my mouth for one thing. Raise a few petty necromantic creatures from one of those corpses I've been hauling around.
"There! Over there! if you don't have a head then take one of theirs, they aren't using 'em!"
Now regular skeleton: CLICK CLACK TAKE HEADS.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:11:16 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 04, 2012, 04:18:42 pm »

Try to tell the janitor that I mean him no harm, etc in German.(In other words, try to calm him down. We might be able to get some info from him.) If I can't, try in english.(He might know it.) If he gets hostile, knock him out.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 04:35:11 pm by BullDog »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 04, 2012, 05:09:12 pm »

"Hiyarreeeergh!

Jump onto that goddamn mecha and meleewrench that Nazi out of there. Then steal the mecha.

Or maybe I could try massage. I dunno.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 04, 2012, 05:21:14 pm »

Oh, I've read about this...clones or cross-dimensional reality people-clones...Or what ever.

"I say, do you happen to be of house Ostal?"

Cautiously walk up to him.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:21:04 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23