Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23

Author Topic: Endless RTD - Steampunk Nazi Fiasco  (Read 55747 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Endless RTD - Steampunk Nazi Fiasco
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2012, 07:52:54 am »

Repair and improve skeleton with one of the corpses.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2012, 03:06:47 pm »

"Not right now, Hilda."

Mount the gun in a good position to hit the Nazis. Fire!
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2012, 03:55:23 pm »

"Ah, now that's what I'm talking about!"
Load a rock into Old Faithful and fire at any Nazis in condition to attack us. If none are, look around the skiff to see if we have any more stowaways.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2012, 04:09:36 pm »

Read a bit more, to find out how to advance from a journeyman, then see if there is anything of use on the skiff, making sure to stay away from the sentry.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #184 on: January 17, 2012, 03:10:11 am »

Oh right, this thing has a plot! I had convinced myself it was about some random people fighting Nazis in the sewers for a few turns there.

Turn 29 - Führerturm
Continue appropriately piloting the skiff, assuming that my comrades will, for example, take the bot and mount it somewhere useful.
"I say! Can someone see to that gun thing? Thanks chaps! Onwards and downwards! To the Midget Nazi's Mole-Lair!"
"Midget what?"
(...) The skiff continues out of the generator room, heading down a long corridor. At the end of the long hallway, you can see a wide chamber with a heavy metal door at the end.
Repair and improve skeleton with one of the corpses.

(...) You aren't able to make any improvements, per se, but you are able to repair Uni-Skeleton's almost completely destroyed arm with an appendage from one of the corpses. Uni-Skeleton is whole once more! As whole as a skeleton can be, anyway.
Mount the gun in a good position to hit the Nazis. Fire!
"Do you want me to take any evasive action? I'm sure if I spun this thing upside down that gun contraption would probably fall off! Just say the word! Gosh, how exciting! Hold on tight chaps!"
"Not right now, Hilda."
(...) Acting quickly to alter the situation in your favor, you grab the security drone and point it at the catwalk! The constant spray of bullets swiss-cheesifies the last remaining Nazi just as the skiff passes into the long corridor ahead.
Load a rock into Old Faithful and fire at any Nazis in condition to attack us. If none are, look around the skiff to see if we have any more stowaways.
"Ah, now that's what I'm talking about!"
(...) Jumping to your feet and stretching your newly-healed legs, you take a look around the skiff. There doesn't seem to be any unwanted passengers, so you go to work repairing the hole you made in the side of the skiff. Once that's done, you load a fresh rock into Old Faithful and get ready for any future trouble.
Read a bit more, to find out how to advance from a journeyman, then see if there is anything of use on the skiff, making sure to stay away from the sentry.
(...) NOTHING HAPPENS AND YOU ARE DUMB

The skiff arrives at the end of the corridor, and Hilda slows the craft to a halt. The room you find yourselves in appears to be more like a donut-shaped hallway, circling a huge room. On the inner edge of the hallway are a series of access doors leading to the room within. James gets up from the skiff, walks across the room, and opens a large gate used for skiff access. The gate slides upward, revealing the cavernous room beyond.

It appears to the the grand entry hall to the Führerturm, an enormous room covered in glittering gold and jewels. The main door (leading out to the Reich Chancellery above ground) lies to the left, and a pathway covered by an exquisite trimmed red carpet extends across the room and out of sight. Massive sculptures, Nazi banners and hanging chandeliers adorn the room, and a loud ruckus emanates from the center of the room as several platoons of heavily-armed Nazi guardsmen and mecha race across the room and toward the surface door.

Immediately in front of the gate is a catwalk that extends around the perimeter of the entrance hall, dotted occasionally by a downward ramp leading to ground level.

Also, the sentry 'bot ran out of ammo.

"Sir, there's activity! The unknown intruder is heading toward the center of the island on ground level!"
"...Just what is it doing? How close is it to Team A?"
"It seems to be about... 60 yards away, and 20 above them."
"Well, it's done nothing but help us so far, let's just hope it's on our side."

Status

Player: lawastooshort
Name: Hilda J Gherkin PhD (Agent Rouge)
Bio
Inventory: A large wrench | Sexy Catsuit | Radio | Pain-Poms | Walther Pistol | Bandage
Wounds: [HP:100/100] Heavy Bleeding
Skills: Misc. Object Usage | Competent Masseuse | One-Two Punch

Player: BullDog
Name: Zack The White (Agent Pearl)
Bio
Inventory: Healing herbs | Nazi Uniform | Scripture of Lumithos | Bandages x7
Wounds: [HP:100/100]
Skills: Speed Reader | First Aid | Light of Lumithos | Incandescent Orb | Salve of Lumithos | Gauze of Lumithos

Player: dermonster
Name: Derm (Agent Fuchsia)
Bio
Inventory: Pink Cloak | Tome of Eldritch Lore | Ritual Dagger | Booze Bottle | Bloody Cloth | Paper Gauze | Bandages x2
Wounds: [HP:54/100] | Missing Tooth x5
Skills: Necromancy (Level 1) | Raise Minion | Morph Undead

Player: Sinpwn
Name: Fekod "The Master Explodinator" (Agent Pewter)
Bio
Inventory: Old Faithful | Funky Hat | Leather Trench Coat | Eye Patch | Tabasco Sauce | Empty Bottle | Bandages x4 | Spiky Rocks x3
Wounds: [HP:77/100] Missing Left Eye | Missing Left Arm
Skills: Explosives Expert

Player: micelus
Name: Baron James Ostal (Agent Heliotrope)
Bio
Inventory: Skeleton Key | Balaclava | Cloak | Grappling Hook | Bandages x2 | Heavy Machine Gun
Skills: Master Thief

Spoiler: Uni-Skeleton (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 17, 2012, 03:58:43 am »

Oh shit! ROBOSTALIN?!

We should probably heal derm and Fekod before moving on into the midg- er before continuing. I am not feeling decisive right now though so will hold off on an action for a few hours.

While waiting for my comrades to ready themselves for the struggle ahead, perform some pre-combat stretching/warm-up cheerleading maneuvers! Also, search skiff for a jet-boost type of function.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 03:36:15 am by lawastooshort »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 17, 2012, 12:11:41 pm »

Try to nab some gems for ammo. Stay close to the skiff.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 17, 2012, 04:35:13 pm »

I'm... honestly not sure what to do right now.

Hmm...

Sneak around the catwalk and see what I can see.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 17, 2012, 05:20:48 pm »

If I can use my gauze ability to heal hp, then use it on Derm before he gets on the catwalk.

If not, then try to remember anything I may have learned about speaking german before the mission, and also check how visible the bloodstain is on my uniform.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2012, 11:02:35 pm »

Get on the catwalk and try to quietly sneak to the other side.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2012, 10:27:00 pm »

Sorry about the wait. I finished most of the turn and lost it, then got interrupted multiple times before I could finish it again. The original draft of the turn had micelus NPC'd, and he came back to post his action after I lost it. Doesn't seem to matter anyway, though, because I rolled his action again and got exactly the same result.

Turn 30 - A Physicist is Crying
While waiting for my comrades to ready themselves for the struggle ahead, perform some pre-combat stretching/warm-up cheerleading maneuvers! Also, search skiff for a jet-boost type of function.
(...) You perform every cheerleading maneuver you can remember, stretching out your joints. Your body glows with a new energy, a special power that was in you all along but had to be unlocked by a training montage or perhaps quirky mentor! You have found the secret of Noodle Limbs! Next, you walk over to the skiff and check the engines. Sure enough, there appears to be some sort of boost system built into the skiff for some reason. There's a small tank of unknown fuel connected to the jet boosters, so it can probably only be used for a short amount of time.
Try to nab some gems for ammo. Stay close to the skiff.
(...) Your bayonet scrapes against the wall as you pry several small gems from their sockets on the wall and catch them in your other hand. You get three in all, though they don't seem to be large enough to fire out of Old Faithful alone. Grapeshot, maybe?
Sneak around the catwalk and see what I can see.
(...) You sprint off along the catwalk, set for exploration! Suddenly, something soft drapes over your eyes and the world goes dark! You run down the catwalk blindly, flailing your arms and generally spazzing out all over the place. At last your arm collides with flesh, and you hear screaming!
If I can use my gauze ability to heal hp, then use it on Derm before he gets on the catwalk.

If not, then try to remember anything I may have learned about speaking german before the mission, and also check how visible the bloodstain is on my uniform.

(...) Derm sprints off down the catwalk at top speed before you can treat him, so you create a lasso out of bandages and toss it at him to slow him down. The lasso wraps tightly around his head... but in a testament to his mad dwarven strength he continues to run down the catwalk, dragging you along for the ride! You immediately come across a pair of janitors cleaning the walls. Derm's fist lashes out, and his right hook slams into the janitor's face and knocks him over the edge!

The other janitor attempts to run away from the insane alcoholic bearded man, but Derm responds with a quick about face! His rapid 180 degree spin sends you careening over the edge of the railing and you fly in an arc above the 3-story drop below, circling Derm and slamming into the other janitor! You hear the sucker-punched janitor slam into the ground below as you simultaneously slam into the jewel-encrusted wall along the catwalk, instinctively grabbing onto the fleeing janitor and dragging him over the edge with your momentum!

Derm's head is dragged to the edge of the catwalk and his shoulders jam against the railing as you hang over the 25 foot drop by the still-intact bandage. The lasso tied around his head is all that holds you in the air above the room below. The janitor holds tightly to your legs, yelling and cursing.
Get on the catwalk and try to quietly sneak to the other side.
(...) You tiptoe off along the catwalk, silently padding around the perimeter of the entrance hall. You can see the main path below leading to the right from where you entered the room, down into a forked hallway. One path leads out of sight, the other to a downward staircase. The catwalk has several downward staircases leading to the floor of the entrance hall. The guardsmen and mecha were heading back the other way along the main path, toward the exit door into the Chancellery. Now they seem to have stopped, alerted by the Derm/Zack-related commotion going on at the other end of the room.

You find a downward staircase that will put you in the optimal position for attack/escape, and wait patiently for your chance to strike/flee.

Spoiler: Nazi Janitor (click to show/hide)
Status

Player: lawastooshort
Name: Hilda J Gherkin PhD (Agent Rouge)
Bio
Inventory: A large wrench | Sexy Catsuit | Radio | Pain-Poms | Walther Pistol | Bandage
Wounds: [HP:100/100] Heavy Bleeding
Skills: Misc. Object Usage | Competent Masseuse | Noodle Limbs | One-Two Punch

Player: BullDog
Name: Zack The White (Agent Pearl)
Bio
Inventory: Healing herbs | Nazi Uniform | Scripture of Lumithos | Bandages x7
Skills: Speed Reader | First Aid | Light of Lumithos | Incandescent Orb | Salve of Lumithos | Gauze of Lumithos

Player: dermonster
Name: Derm (Agent Fuchsia)
Bio
Inventory: Pink Cloak | Tome of Eldritch Lore | Ritual Dagger | Booze Bottle | Bloody Cloth | Paper Gauze | Bandages x2
Wounds: [HP:58/100] | Missing Tooth x5
Skills: Necromancy (Level 1) | Raise Minion | Morph Undead

Player: Sinpwn
Name: Fekod "The Master Explodinator" (Agent Pewter)
Bio
Inventory: Old Faithful | Funky Hat | Leather Trench Coat | Eye Patch | Tabasco Sauce | Empty Bottle | Bandages x4 | Spiky Rocks x3 | Small Gems x3
Wounds: [HP:81/100] Missing Left Eye | Missing Left Arm
Skills: Explosives Expert

Player: micelus
Name: Baron James Ostal (Agent Heliotrope)
Bio
Inventory: Skeleton Key | Balaclava | Cloak | Grappling Hook | Bandages x2 | Heavy Machine Gun
Skills: Master Thief

Spoiler: Uni-Skeleton (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2012, 10:37:24 pm »

Pfffthahahaha oh god I can't stop laughing... I'll think of something when I regain my compsure.

Whew...

Ahhh fuck.

Skeleton! Help me up!
Me: Start pulling the cloth-rope!

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2012, 10:52:15 pm »

...0.o

Seeing this as an ideal time for target practice, Fekod tries to remove the janitor from Zach via spiky rock projectile.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2012, 12:04:10 am »

:O

Try to stay still to give Fekod a better chance to hit the janitor, then, after he hits or misses, carefully climb up the rope and try to get on the catwalk! Try to wait for Derm to get up and get a hold of the rope first.
If I fall off the rope somehow, try to use the gems as handholds!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 11:29:32 am by BullDog »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 28, 2012, 05:24:33 am »

Silently go down the first downward staircase to the entrance hall then sneak behind the Nazi force and head down the path leading elsewhere.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23