Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138386 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote phase 3
« Reply #375 on: October 14, 2011, 02:26:45 pm »

Blah blah tired diatribe about don't overestimate the competence of the scumteam blah blah.

Blah blah rant about how not assuming the scum are competent has paid off in the past blah blah.
Blah blah counterpoint about how this is not an assumption of competence but the lack of an assumption of incompetence blah blah.

But seriously. Can you not agree that, town or scum, MBP is an idiot. And can you not further agree that it is, at the very least, less likely for scum to do something incredibly stupid?

I am/was not voting because I did not have any serious suspicions.

Why aren't you trying to change this? So far you've only answered questions and done no hunting whatsoever.

I am trying to change this. Unfortunately, given the MBP-centric nature of the day, and the lack of posting what is going on, it is hard to form suspicions. My suspects from D1 are dead (Powder Miner, Ottofar).

I reckon that the scum are just lurking away, laughing whilst we lynch MBP. Or bandwagoning the MBP lynch to make sure it goes through, like Irony is doing.
You can sarcasm the questions I asked, but they are serious questions. Preludes to a heavier attacks.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 14, 2011, 02:35:44 pm »

First of, gload that at least we got a concensus that i am an idiot. That i can agree.

To answer the question, it is not a kill but a ''end the day now'' ability. One shot and used.

If you wonder why i did not keep it for myself and wait for a mor eopportune moment, it's quite simple. I was certain that leaf was gonna get me lynched, and since i know i'm town, i had some trouble letting that pass. Especially when i got a power that would allow me to take him down instead.  Coulda been a scum, and thus, tought i had to take the chance. Already hearing the ''But you are an idiot and leaf is a good player !!1!''.

Bd: Not sure if you are reading, but i could not force the lynch later on, I have no illusion that Leaf would have voted me first thing in the day, and that i could not do anything after tha . Jim, possibly toasty would have gunned for me, and if they are good at anything it's getting people to vote for their picks. So yeah, try my luck with a possible scum (33% or so chance) or wait and get killed ( 0% chance). Statistics.

As for my picks, it would be amongst the massive wagon we got on day 1. People still alive from this group are Bd , JackAT, Jim, Max, Nuke and Simple. Scum knowing their members, i dont doubt they would jump on the chance to sink someone not of their own, so i would rank the 3 other non-zrk voter less likely to be scum. Jugement and possible question to some :

Irony: You justify my that i am obvscum since i ''killed'' leafsnail, but if you knew you were town, had a kill and could kill someone not-confirmed in your place, what would you do ? Sit on your ass and wait a lynch?

Jim: I'd say is his classic ascerbic self, and for me it's meta townish. Throwing around buddying accsation is also well within is meta. Still believe you are an incredible ass.

Max: Agreed i am an idiot.

Dariush and Nuke : Frankly, i have trouble following any logic in your little war. care each to explain your own POV ?

heh, Ninjas.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 14, 2011, 02:46:50 pm »

Blah blah counterpoint about how this is not an assumption of competence but the lack of an assumption of incompetence blah blah.

But seriously. Can you not agree that, town or scum, MBP is an idiot. And can you not further agree that it is, at the very least, less likely for scum to do something incredibly stupid?

Not really. I've been surprised by the incredibly idiocy of the scum team in the past. E.G., Bdthemag in Supernatural 4. (I mean, what the fucking goddamn hell?) There have been other instances as well. (Dariush in Sorcerer's Apprentice 3; he claimed a role with powers he didn't have, claimed that he inspected me and got a scum result, but it was such a scummy claim he got lynched for it.)

Besides, it's not that stupid of a plan for a scumteam to implement. Just because there is a better and more rewarding move for him to do as scum (like the one you outlined) doesn't mean that he was aware of it or that he thought he could pull it off. If he suspected Leafsnail was going to chew him up for Day 2 and spit him out, then using his power before he got lynched would be a priority.

This is all just hypothetical. Point being, you have no reason to suspect that MBP's competence or incompetence makes him more or less likely to be town.

Stuff

Still no vote. Come on, cast one, so I can rip apart your case on it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 14, 2011, 03:37:33 pm »

Max:  Why did it take Jim poking you to come out with a vote?  What changed between your vote and your prior post to make Nuke voteworthy?
I don't vote very often. I mean I cast like, one vote yesterday, and that is often the most I move it around. Sort of makes it easy to forget you are not voting without a prod from somebody. It took a prod to get me to vote because I didn't realise it was something I wasn't doing.

What changed was a reminder.

Meph: Darvi needs either another prod, or a replacement.
Looking at he's post history, he hasn't been on the forums for a few days now.

Augh, what? Man, you can't get the converts these days. Tell 'em to kill their own son and suddenly they're all like, nooo, I'm going to kill you instead. God, this always happens.

Anyway, joking aside, sorry for fucking with your head. You will notice a distinct lack of me voting Dariush, because random D2(or more) lynches are stupid. I am making no claims to the contrary. In other words, I am no longer (trying) to obvjester it up, and if you are receiving this impression, you will have to explain why.
God, I hate that guy.

Heh heh heh. Just messing, I love you, Dariush.

But seriously, I hate you. Die in a fire. Sort of. I don't really hate you. I just dislike the way you play.
Do you know how much interest that statement alone has drawn? I mean seriously, I can't figure out if you are distancing, preparing for a band wagon, making a half ass attempt at bussing, or attacking Dariush for reasons so absurd that nobody else would touch that argument with a ten foot stick, thus leaving him alone.
THERE IS NOTHING TRANSPARENT ABOUT THAT! NOTHING!!!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 14, 2011, 03:38:53 pm »

Looks like I'll need to find a replacement for Darvi. He's been too absent.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote phase 3 - 1 replacement needed
« Reply #380 on: October 14, 2011, 03:47:11 pm »

Toaster Yup, Nuke so far. I was thinking Dariush at first, but he always acts the way he does regardless of his alignment so im not sure. Nuke because his arguements aren't making any fucking sense to me at all.

Unvote MBP MBP, your really stupid. Too stupid to be scum as a matter of fact, because I would have suspected if you were scum your buddy would be trying to defend you right now. Or he would be viciously attacking you to seem like town. Although im still suspicious of you, im going to avert my attention elsewhere for now.

Nuke Im busy with school thats why, why are you so intent on pointing out people for "lurking".

Jim Yeah I was stupid in that game, but hey atleast i'll be remember something right?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 14, 2011, 03:53:06 pm »

Unvote MBP MBP, your really stupid. Too stupid to be scum as a matter of fact, because I would have suspected if you were scum your buddy would be trying to defend you right now. Or he would be viciously attacking you to seem like town. Although im still suspicious of you, im going to avert my attention elsewhere for now.

So he's not scum because a hypothetical scum partner isn't doing the things you expect? When the things you expect are two completely opposed options?

How the hell does that work? That's dumb.

I'll also point out that defending and attacking aren't the only things a hypothetical scum partner could be doing towards MBP.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 14, 2011, 03:59:24 pm »

Jim , maybe , just maybe, i won't vote around if i don't at least have some strong suspicions on someone ? Possibly, and i really say possibly, i may try to be more wary of using my gut feelings since they are clearly faillible ?

You know, i got it, you want to lynch me. Subtle hints, here and there. Frankly, i will laugh once i flip, be it by a lynch or NK. Imagining you continuing to spout obscenities and deluding yourself that your work was perfect and it's surely an illusion i flipped town will be glorious.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 14, 2011, 04:01:20 pm »

Jim Im aware of that, I was just saying I would suspect that the Scum Partner would be doing one of those things. Im not saying that makes him innocent, thats just what I would expect scum to do at this point.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 14, 2011, 04:19:31 pm »

THERE IS NOTHING TRANSPARENT ABOUT THAT! NOTHING!!!
Ah.
Right, yeah, sorry about that. That was me joking around. Must remember to stop doing that. My personal feelings for Dariush do (should) not influence my likelihood of suspecting him of being scum. Any serious attacks on him will stem from actual suspicion.
D1 is exempt from this.

I hope that clears things up.

Toaster Yup, Nuke so far. I was thinking Dariush at first, but he always acts the way he does regardless of his alignment so im not sure. Nuke because his arguements aren't making any fucking sense to me at all.
Hello.
Which arguments? And why aren't they making any sense? Is this, perhaps, a tentative semi-bandwagon?

Oh no! Is town swinging away from your mislynch? Better get off of that bandwagon before its too late!

Nuke Im busy with school thats why, why are you so intent on pointing out people for "lurking"
Oh. Oh no no, you are making this too easy!
I accept your excuse for lurking.
I do not accept you for your attack of me for attacking you. What the fuck, man? Lurking is a scumtell. By your own admission, you lurk as scum.
I called out two people for lurking, and you ask me why I am so 'intent' on pointing people out? The only way you could think my attack of lurkers was anything more than light probing was if I struck a nerve, which evidently I did.
Bad show, very bad show.

BDthemag, you are the scum.
Long Live United Forenia!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 14, 2011, 05:51:09 pm »

Jim , maybe , just maybe, i won't vote around if i don't at least have some strong suspicions on someone ? Possibly, and i really say possibly, i may try to be more wary of using my gut feelings since they are clearly faillible ?

You know, i got it, you want to lynch me. Subtle hints, here and there. Frankly, i will laugh once i flip, be it by a lynch or NK. Imagining you continuing to spout obscenities and deluding yourself that your work was perfect and it's surely an illusion i flipped town will be glorious.

Ah, so you only have suspects when you can end the day exclusively by yourself.

Why didn't you vote Leafsnail on Day 1 if you suspected him so much, huh? Huh?

Because you're lying scum, that's why.

Jim Im aware of that, I was just saying I would suspect that the Scum Partner would be doing one of those things. Im not saying that makes him innocent, thats just what I would expect scum to do at this point.

There are people attacking him. There are people defending him.

So of the people doing that, you are of the opinion that none of them are scum.

You're full of shit and your unvote is bullshit.

The question is, who do I want to hang? You or MBP?

Choices, choices.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 14, 2011, 06:01:23 pm »

Fast response:
No
Because i said using my vote was useless, since zrk had 10 vote on.
Because you are a tunnelsighted annoyance.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 14, 2011, 06:19:53 pm »

Jack:
And if they claim some valuable role, you probs shouldn't lynch them.
Also, you're seriously telling me that claiming doctor D1 is a towntell?

/facepalm

WHY. WOULD. YOU. ROLECLAIM. DOCTOR.

argleblargleblargle
...hm. You're not. Nuke, what are you saying?

IronyOwl, you are heavily twisting NUKE's words.  I find NUKE somewhat suspicious (D1 completely random lynch idea), but you're really twisting his words here.  How exactly did you get a "claiming doctor D1 is scummy" message from a "WHY ARE YOU BEING SO STUPID" post?
I fail to see how this is twisting his words, much less heavily twisting them, and I certainly fail to see how I'm saying he said claiming doc D1 is scummy. I'm assuming you weren't going for the irony intentionally, so I'm forced to ask why asking Nuke about what he means with two opposing statements has you so riled up. Are you that worried about your scumbuddy?

So, I misinterpreted your words.  Oops.  However, that fails to change the fact that you're twisting NUKE's words.  A lot.

How exactly is there a contradiction between "We probably shouldn't lynch someone who claims something valuable D1" and "Claiming doctor is extremely stupid"?  I certainly see no contradiction.

I see you turning a "We probably shouldn't take a big risk in lynching someone claiming something valuable D1" post into "Claiming something valuable D1 is a towntell".  I see you trying to turn a "WHY ARE YOU BEING SO STUPID" post into "Claiming doctor D1 is not a towntell", just to contradict your twisted version of the first statement.

And your first quote is utterly out of context, to the point of being an excellent example of quote mining.  Looking at the first quote's context (a post arguing for a random lynch D1), he's not speaking in terms of towntells.  He's saying that we shouldn't carry out a random lynch of someone who claims to be something valuable.  His idea is stupid, in my opinion, but that doesn't change the fact that you're twisting his words to an absurd extent.

Also, I love how I'm so clearly NUKE's scumbuddy that I'm not worth a vote or even a FoS.  You're just trying to scare me away, Irony.  I'm not impressed.

MBP's quicklynch is the only reason why I'm not voting for you, Irony.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 14, 2011, 07:38:06 pm »

Dariush:
Uh, that came out wrong. What I call chainlynching is Leaf finding four suspects, claiming that they are all scum together and lynching one, then going to the next without evaluating the changes that happened.
What made you say he was going to ignore anything and everything that happened in between?

Nuke:
IronyOwl: Why are you voting MBP?
Because I think he's
RiAing obvscum who's openly admitted to killing Leafsnail to avoid being lynched
and because I don't particularly want my vote elsewhere at the moment.

But probably not scum. Because scum tend to think more about their actions and the consequences thereof.
Cool. What does the power of statistics say about who is scum?

I am/was not voting because I did not have any serious suspicions.
It's D3. It's the extension of D3. How can you not have any suspicions after two days of play, and how can you justify not having any suspicions this far in?

MBP:
Irony: You justify my that i am obvscum since i ''killed'' leafsnail, but if you knew you were town, had a kill and could kill someone not-confirmed in your place, what would you do ? Sit on your ass and wait a lynch?
Hm, good question.

Here's another one: If I knew that killing someone non-confirmed in my place would result in me getting lynched also if he wasn't scum, what would I do? Sit on my ass and lose a townie, or wager three townies on my kneejerk guess being right?

Hm.

There's also the question of why D1 you were all "screw you don't care not gonna do stuff this is normal you're tunneling scum," and then D2 you were all "OH GOD OH GOD LEAFSNAIL IS GOING TO KILL ME I JUST KNOW IT I WON'T SURVIVE ANOTHER DAY OH GOD THIS IS MY LAST CHANCE OH GOD GOTTA KILL HIM FIRST."

Bdthemag:
Cool, so he's not scum because your WIFOM tank calculations show he has a lower chance of that than normal. What do these vaunted methods say about who is scum?

Jack:
So, I misinterpreted your words.  Oops.  However, that fails to change the fact that you're twisting NUKE's words.  A lot.
"Oops, I was twisting your words. However, this isn't about me, it's about you."

How exactly is there a contradiction between "We probably shouldn't lynch someone who claims something valuable D1" and "Claiming doctor is extremely stupid"?  I certainly see no contradiction.
There's a pretty obvious contradiction between "We shouldn't lynch someone who claims a valuable role" and "MPHGHPHGPH WHY WOULD YOU CLAIM A VALUABLE ROLE?" I notice you had to elaborate on Nuke's actual quotes quite a bit to make this logic work.

I see you turning a "We probably shouldn't take a big risk in lynching someone claiming something valuable D1" post into "Claiming something valuable D1 is a towntell".
More massive quote elaboration. He didn't explain why we shouldn't lynch someone claiming something valuable in the slightest. I cannot fathom how the second part is hard to understand; if he doesn't want someone claiming something valuable killed, he obviously either thinks they're also town or likes scum power roles a lot. Hm.

I see you trying to turn a "WHY ARE YOU BEING SO STUPID" post into "Claiming doctor D1 is not a towntell", just to contradict your twisted version of the first statement.
That's because you're desperate to make Nuke's words look reasonable and good, and don't see why someone would have to be town just to want to specifically avoid lynching them. Why is it that you have such insight into his plan, anyway?

And your first quote is utterly out of context, to the point of being an excellent example of quote mining.  Looking at the first quote's context (a post arguing for a random lynch D1), he's not speaking in terms of towntells.  He's saying that we shouldn't carry out a random lynch of someone who claims to be something valuable.  His idea is stupid, in my opinion, but that doesn't change the fact that you're twisting his words to an absurd extent.
The quote was overly large, so I trimmed it. I fail to see how talking about randomlynching otherwise makes my basic townrole premise less valid. Was the point of randomlynching D1 to weed out boring roles or something? That's the only way I can see that not mattering.

Also, I love how I'm so clearly NUKE's scumbuddy that I'm not worth a vote or even a FoS.  You're just trying to scare me away, Irony.  I'm not impressed.

If I'd voted or FoS'd you, you'd have called it an OMGUS. Since I didn't, you're calling me full of bluster. Can't win 'em all, I suppose, but I still think I avoided handing you the larger safety blanket.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 14, 2011, 08:24:51 pm »

Jack:
"Oops, I was twisting your words. However, this isn't about me, it's about you."
"Oops, I made a mistake.  I am admitting that mistake, but it doesn't change my case enough for me to abandon it, so I will stay on the case."

There's a pretty obvious contradiction between "We shouldn't lynch someone who claims a valuable role" and "MPHGHPHGPH WHY WOULD YOU CLAIM A VALUABLE ROLE?" I notice you had to elaborate on Nuke's actual quotes quite a bit to make this logic work.
Switching doctor with just a general "valuable role", I see.  Nice.  The thing about a doctor is that it's an NK magnet, and it generally can't defend itself.  Compare that to other valuable roles which are also NK magnets, but are more likely to be protected.  Again, I see no contradiction between "We shouldn't lynch someone who claims a valuable role" and "WHY. WOULD. YOU. ROLECLAIM. DOCTOR."

I see you turning a "We probably shouldn't take a big risk in lynching someone claiming something valuable D1" post into "Claiming something valuable D1 is a towntell".
More massive quote elaboration. He didn't explain why we shouldn't lynch someone claiming something valuable in the slightest. I cannot fathom how the second part is hard to understand; if he doesn't want someone claiming something valuable killed, he obviously either thinks they're also town or likes scum power roles a lot. Hm.
Taking into account that he was calling for a completely random lynch in that post, and calling for lynching people regardless of their defenses, I think I can safely say that he wasn't talking about towntells.

Your elaboration accusation: I like taking context into account when looking at what people say.  It's generally a good idea, and allows me to get reads more easily.  Also, I'm not going into anything beyond the glaringly obvious.

Why is it that you have such insight into his plan, anyway?
I can read.  I read his posts here.

If I'd voted or FoS'd you, you'd have called it an OMGUS. Since I didn't, you're calling me full of bluster. Can't win 'em all, I suppose, but I still think I avoided handing you the larger safety blanket.

...I can't believe you actually said this.

Everybody: IronyOwl has just announced that he avoided voting for, or even FoSing, a player he explicitly considers very scummy just to avoid looking like he's OMGUSing.

Unvote, vote IronyOwl.  You obviously care more about your own image than catching scum.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 48