Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138419 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Vote phase 3
« Reply #360 on: October 13, 2011, 07:54:36 pm »

The Counting Stones
Darvi: Toaster
Jim Groovester: Dariush
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Bdthemag, Jack AT, Jim Groovester

Vote Phase ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 13, 2011, 08:10:42 pm »

Extend.

There's eleven players in the game and only five voting.

IronyOwl, who do you suspect and why aren't you voting them?
Darvi, who do you suspect and why aren't you voting them?
MBP, who do you suspect and why aren't you voting them?
Simple, who do you suspect and why aren't you voting them?
NUKE9.13, who do you suspect and why aren't you voting them?
Max White, who do you suspect and why aren't you voting them?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 13, 2011, 08:17:00 pm »

I know it is insane, but I suspect MBP and think he is town. I'm doing mental backflips here debating scum tells vs. meta game arguments.

You know what? What Lead said about jesters on d1 makes sense, so I'm just going to quit fucking around and vote the guy I pretty much know is either jester or scum. Nuke, it's been real, but d1 is over, so you can stop fucking with my head with your Dariush case, I'm preoccupied with MBP and you are not helping.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 13, 2011, 08:19:10 pm »

*What Leaf said. Sorry, 'd' and 'f' are right next to each other.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 14, 2011, 01:49:57 am »

Extend.

My second pick hasn't posted for ages, for whatever reason.  Barely any posts are being made.  I just want people to answer my questions, but they're not posting...
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 14, 2011, 06:51:59 am »

Ugh. Really, really sorry about vanishing on D1. And D3. I would have been here for at least some of D2 had it existed.

Anyway, extend, MBP. I should be quite present the rest of the game.

Jack:
And if they claim some valuable role, you probs shouldn't lynch them.
Also, you're seriously telling me that claiming doctor D1 is a towntell?

/facepalm

WHY. WOULD. YOU. ROLECLAIM. DOCTOR.

argleblargleblargle
...hm. You're not. Nuke, what are you saying?

IronyOwl, you are heavily twisting NUKE's words.  I find NUKE somewhat suspicious (D1 completely random lynch idea), but you're really twisting his words here.  How exactly did you get a "claiming doctor D1 is scummy" message from a "WHY ARE YOU BEING SO STUPID" post?
I fail to see how this is twisting his words, much less heavily twisting them, and I certainly fail to see how I'm saying he said claiming doc D1 is scummy. I'm assuming you weren't going for the irony intentionally, so I'm forced to ask why asking Nuke about what he means with two opposing statements has you so riled up. Are you that worried about your scumbuddy?

Dariush:
I pointed out the chainlynching thing and asked him about it. He answered to my satisfaction. What about it wasn't to yours?
From the start he started looking for the scum team as a whole, not for individual scum. He made it clear that if one of his four suspects flips scum (and probably even if he doesn't), he'll get to lynching the other three simply because he finds them suspicious, not because they have done anything in relation to each other.
...wait, what? You're saying Leafsnail was chainlynching because he was going to lynch people without tying their actions to anyone else? And that lynching someone "simply" because they're suspicious is... a bad thing?

IronyOwl, who do you suspect and why aren't you voting them?
MBP, RiAing obvscum who's openly admitted to killing Leafsnail to avoid being lynched. Because I've been lurking like a boss, apparently.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 14, 2011, 08:44:50 am »

Extend.

Max:  Why did it take Jim poking you to come out with a vote?  What changed between your vote and your prior post to make Nuke voteworthy?

Dariush:  If you think they're both scum, what makes Jim voteworthy over Nuke?  Why can't you pursue both targets at once?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 14, 2011, 08:54:45 am »

Dariush:
I pointed out the chainlynching thing and asked him about it. He answered to my satisfaction. What about it wasn't to yours?
From the start he started looking for the scum team as a whole, not for individual scum. He made it clear that if one of his four suspects flips scum (and probably even if he doesn't), he'll get to lynching the other three simply because he finds them suspicious, not because they have done anything in relation to each other.
...wait, what? You're saying Leafsnail was chainlynching because he was going to lynch people without tying their actions to anyone else? And that lynching someone "simply" because they're suspicious is... a bad thing?
Uh, that came out wrong. What I call chainlynching is Leaf finding four suspects, claiming that they are all scum together and lynching one, then going to the next without evaluating the changes that happened.

Dariush:  If you think they're both scum, what makes Jim voteworthy over Nuke?  Why can't you pursue both targets at once?
Vote is a valuable commodity which only goes where it is needed right now. I doubt Jim would be sufficiently pressed by my case if he sees that my vote is staying on Nuke and not going anywhere, but actually Nuke is scummier.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 14, 2011, 09:54:55 am »

The Counting Stones
Darvi: Toaster
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Bdthemag, IronyOwl, Jack AT, Jim Groovester
NUKE9.13: Dariush, Max White

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 14, 2011, 01:31:20 pm »

Meph: Darvi needs either another prod, or a replacement.

What makes you think he's just an idiot, and not scum?
Its a stupid thing to do as scum. Really, look at it, people. He had a day-ending ability. Why the fudge would he use that to force a lynch on leafsnail? If he really, really wanted him dead, he could have claimed an investigate on him. Town lynches him, next day, he uses his powers to avoid the noose himself and lynch someone else; two townies down, for the price of one. Not to mention its powers as a lylo breaker.
It is also a stupid thing to do as town. As scum, its a lylo breaker. As town, it is the even more potent post-lylo-breaker. Holy shit, you guys! Lylo has been and gone, you lynched the wrong guy, its game over and- whats this? A townie comes in, votes for scum, and ends the day? Well, how about that.

In conclusion, he is an incredible idiot. A massive moron. A ridiculous retard. A dumb-as-shit doofus.
But probably not scum. Because scum tend to think more about their actions and the consequences thereof.

NUKE9.13, who do you suspect and why aren't you voting them?
I am/was not voting because I did not have any serious suspicions.

You know what? What Lead said about jesters on d1 makes sense, so I'm just going to quit fucking around and vote the guy I pretty much know is either jester or scum. Nuke, it's been real, but d1 is over, so you can stop fucking with my head with your Dariush case, I'm preoccupied with MBP and you are not helping.
Augh, what? Man, you can't get the converts these days. Tell 'em to kill their own son and suddenly they're all like, nooo, I'm going to kill you instead. God, this always happens.

Anyway, joking aside, sorry for fucking with your head. You will notice a distinct lack of me voting Dariush, because random D2(or more) lynches are stupid. I am making no claims to the contrary. In other words, I am no longer (trying) to obvjester it up, and if you are receiving this impression, you will have to explain why.

Vote is a valuable commodity which only goes where it is needed right now. I doubt Jim would be sufficiently pressed by my case if he sees that my vote is staying on Nuke and not going anywhere, but actually Nuke is scummier.
OMGUS.

That is all this is. Which is not to say its scummy, because you always do this. Vote for me for no good reason, that is. Maybe do something about that.

IronyOwl: Why are you voting MBP?

BDthemag: Why are you lurking?

Simple: Why are you lurking?
Long Live United Forenia!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 14, 2011, 01:45:35 pm »

OMGUS.

Hipocrisy is all this is. Hipocrisy to say hipocrisy you hipocrisy. Hipocrisy hipocrisy hipocrisy hipocrisy hipocrisy hipocrisy.
Also, OMGUS? Even though you're
Quote from: verbatim
distinctly not voting me
and admitted to randomvoting me? Oh god you're so scum.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 14, 2011, 01:48:22 pm »

Ok, was without computer for the last few days, starting to read the last few pages of thread.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 14, 2011, 01:48:48 pm »

admitted to randomvoting me in the first place anyway*

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 14, 2011, 01:56:00 pm »

Dariush, I am increasingly certain that you are not, in fact, sentient.

What, may I ask, is your case against me. Is it, in actual fact, anything beyond the fact that I voted for you?
Long Live United Forenia!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 14, 2011, 02:04:32 pm »

Jim wouldn't be sufficiently pressed by your case no matter where your vote was.

If your vote was for pressure, what were you hoping to gain out of it, and what did you get out of it instead?

In conclusion, he is an incredible idiot. A massive moron. A ridiculous retard. A dumb-as-shit doofus.
But probably not scum. Because scum tend to think more about their actions and the consequences thereof.

Blah blah tired diatribe about don't overestimate the competence of the scumteam blah blah.

Blah blah rant about how not assuming the scum are competent has paid off in the past blah blah.

I am/was not voting because I did not have any serious suspicions.

Why aren't you trying to change this? So far you've only answered questions and done no hunting whatsoever.

IronyOwl: Why are you voting MBP?

BDthemag: Why are you lurking?

Simple: Why are you lurking?

"Oh, hey guys. I'm busy and active too!"
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 48