Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138538 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #270 on: October 03, 2011, 02:08:11 pm »

Ottofar,
Powder. But Zrk's behaviour is more anti-town.
Uh. So you admit to lynching over behaviour instead of over who you think is scum?

Yes.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 03, 2011, 02:28:49 pm »

PowderMiner: That's not an answer to my question. Try again.

Zrk2:
-snip-

Sort of like Jim refusing to consider that it was just a question to provoke discussion. I have never been good at defending myself and I can think of at least 3 unique situations where Jim has run a campaign to see me lynched when I was in fact town, he just never realized that his 'scumtells' on me are inexperience. But whatevs...
"I was town in other games!" is not a valid defense. Alright reading the rest of the thread you seem to retreat to switching votes as soon as somebody looks in your direction while essentially doing nothing (+ useless stunts that only confuse everybody) . Really, you seem to have to take any directed action. I feel bit uncomfortable leaving my vote on you  because you seem strangely content with current situation.

Max White: Who's your second pick right now ? (I assume zrk is still your first)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 03, 2011, 03:01:47 pm »

And now for something completely different: the fuck, Zrk2?  Claiming the amazing, NK-attracting doctor?  Rolefishing on a large scale "to start the fucking conversation"?  Claiming that roleclaims aren't a big deal in BYORs because everyone has a power role?  Trying to shorten D1... to get lynched to... um... somehow prove Jim is scum for arguing to lynch Zrk2? A.

Why would you rather die quickly than have more time to hunt scum/strengthen your Jim argument?  Why are you giving up on surviving D1?

They can't afford to lose someone D1, it would make no sense for me to do this as scum.
Because scum has never lost a member D1 only to easily win a few days later.  Or, to put it differently, this is terrible, WIFOMy, logic.  Heck, I remember BYOR 7, where TolyK's D1 lynching ended up helping the scum win (helped convince the dead that I, scum medium/reviver, was town). B.

A. I honestly thought it would be an interesting way to start discussion. If anyone has actually read the post they will note that I specifically did not ask for actual roles, just animal names. Hell, type of animal can be just as revealing as that colour question. As for the shorten, if I;m going to die, I might as well get it done ASAP so I can waste my time on something else.

B. While it may be survivable it is still easier for scum to win with more players, so while it is WIFOMy it is still the worst Refuge in Audacity for any scum to try that I have ever seen. Still BS, but hey, I fucked up. Oh well.

quote author=Dariush link=topic=93940.msg2657880#msg2657880 date=1317658715]
Zrk2,
Zrk2, why exactly would you need information about our animals? Don't you have any less scummy way of provoking discussion?
And FYI, asking someone to repost his question to you instead of searching for it yourself doesn't put you in a good light.
[/quote]

It puts me in a 'I have shit to do and essays to write' light, but I understand what you mean. Of course I have written walls of text for people in the past, and still been told I never answered their questions, so...

Zrk2:
-snip-

Sort of like Jim refusing to consider that it was just a question to provoke discussion. I have never been good at defending myself and I can think of at least 3 unique situations where Jim has run a campaign to see me lynched when I was in fact town, he just never realized that his 'scumtells' on me are inexperience. But whatevs...

"I was town in other games!" is not a valid defense. Alright reading the rest of the thread you seem to retreat to switching votes as soon as somebody looks in your direction while essentially doing nothing (+ useless stunts that only confuse everybody) . Really, you seem to have to take any directed action. I feel bit uncomfortable leaving my vote on you  because you seem strangely content with current situation.

I'm not too terribly concerned about dying because D1 votes are generally shit, so if a townie must die, it might as well be an inexperience one.

Anyway, scumpicks:

Jim still strikes me as a tunneler
Nuke seems rather off, and quite vague, especially with the half-hearted defence of me.
Nothing else really sticks out, but Vector is very quiet, although I understand she has time constraints.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 03, 2011, 03:05:05 pm »

When Zrk's at 10 votes, yeah. It doesn't really matter where I put it.

The hell it does.

It says a lot about you. You should take more care where you put it. Voting people you don't suspect is scummy, no matter how much of a majority there is on somebody.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 03, 2011, 04:25:36 pm »

Decidedly less funny the second time.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 03, 2011, 04:51:04 pm »

A. I honestly thought it would be an interesting way to start discussion. If anyone has actually read the post they will note that I specifically did not ask for actual roles, just animal names. Hell, type of animal can be just as revealing as that colour question. As for the shorten, if I;m going to die, I might as well get it done ASAP so I can waste my time on something else.
There are two obvious responses.

The first is that Mephansteras gave us roles based on our animals.  If it were impossible to work out anything about people's roles from their animal names then it isn't a BYOR.

The second is that very soon afterwards you said it would be fine for everyone to roleclaim and roleclaimed.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 03, 2011, 05:17:17 pm »

Max White: Who's your second pick right now ? (I assume zrk is still your first)
Hmm, I guess after Leafsnail pointed out that it is in fact a good idea to lynch jesters, I would say Nuke. Although Otto and MBP and high contenders.

How is it comparable to the colour question? The colour question is about testing somebodies response when asked about something they do not know, but your animal question was about asking for something they knew, and you did not.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 03, 2011, 05:38:41 pm »

It's far more revealing than the colour question, as our roles are built around the animals.  And you really cared so little about the well-being of the town that you decided to abandon strengthening your case in favor of just dying quickly?  That's not very good play, no matter what.

Decidedly less funny the second time.
Great post.  Very useful.

Anyway, scumpicks:
Nuke seems rather off, and quite vague, especially with the half-hearted defence of me.
Nothing else really sticks out, but Vector is very quiet, although I understand she has time constraints.

...These scumpicks suck.

It demonstrates that he always acts like that, it's just how he plays. He isn't scummy because he always acts like this, he's just tunneling.
I think tunneling is a scumtell. Jim is tunneling on me. Ergo Jim is demonstrating a scum tell. Or did you miss that the first 10 times?

See if you don't lie, then you don't need to keep track of everything you say, because seriously, other people tend to keep better track of your contradictions then you do.
There's this crazy-assed thing called changing your mind, Max.

Changed your mind again?  Because I thought Jim tunneling was supposed to be normal and non-scummy for him.  Is it now scummy again?

On the NUKE pick, I don't think he's ever defended you, but I may have missed something.  Can you show me his defense of you?

On the Vector pick...you complain about Vector's general inactivity, but not mine?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 03, 2011, 05:40:34 pm »

He doesn't even mention Darvi or Bd, neither having a reason to be inactive.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 03, 2011, 06:00:57 pm »

I remember about 2 Vector posts, and there has been more than that for everyone else IIRC.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 03, 2011, 06:29:13 pm »

...Back from school. Hoh jesus I've got myself into a mess, one sec, looking at questions..
Gargh I wish TOpic Summaries were longer

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 03, 2011, 06:33:30 pm »

I can't tell what quetoins I'm actually being asked after all this activity. Can you guys repost please?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 03, 2011, 07:25:16 pm »

No, read the thread.

There are things called pages and tabbed browsers available precisely for this purpose.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 03, 2011, 07:47:25 pm »

Nuke Well besides Zrk2, your on my suspects list. You really seemed suspicious when you basically went "Well, chances are we won't lynch mafia today so lets just lynch the guy who acts like a dick.", and especially the whole "DON'T GET MAD AT ME BECAUSE I PLAY DIFFERENTLY" thing you said.

Zrk2 Vector honestly has an excuse to be inactive, im sure if she could post she would regardless of alignment. Considering you thought Vector was scummy based on her inactivity, why aren't you bringing up that both me and Powder have been inactive?

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 03, 2011, 07:58:26 pm »

Powder Miner: Why ask me an RVS question right after voting for someone for actual scumminess?  What did you want to get out of it?

Extra picks are always good.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48