Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48

Author Topic: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Game Over  (Read 138478 times)

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia - A BYOR - Voting Round 1
« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2011, 11:47:10 am »

Refering to simple asking you about reasonless vote, wich you then denied. So, i would like to hear the reason behind that vote.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 01, 2011, 12:18:37 pm »

Refering to simple asking you about reasonless vote, wich you then denied. So, i would like to hear the reason behind that vote.
Uh. I actually thought he was referring to Nuke's vote.

Nuke, you... I... I just have no words. You're being an even bigger moron than you usually are, and that's an impressive achievement. Are you even playing to win or simply to come, insult everyone, get lynched, laugh, rinse and repeat?
So, what. This is just a straight up OMGUS?
Yeah, this is pretty much just that.
Anyway this is a serious accusation. Please respond.
No, I simply want to see you hanging. Is that wish your exceptional privilege? [/sarcasm]

My conscience doesn't allow me to respond seriously to the idiotic imbeciles like you, but for this once I'll subdue it and answer you.

No, it wasn't an OMGUS. I think that you're scum because your case on me is bullshit, you're needlessly tunneling me and not playing to win.

There, I said it. Now fuck off and die.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 01, 2011, 12:31:08 pm »

Zrk2: Explain to me how your current tactic helps the town. I can't grasp how someone could think outright fullclaim followed by threatening people who vote you with chain-lynch is in any way beneficial.

At the moment my current 'tactic' (OH GOD I FUCKED UP DON'T KILL ME) isn't really helping the town, I'm currently trying to negate the damage done by wasting an entire day hunting me. Unvote Jim since upon further reflection I remembered that Jim acts this way even when he is town.

Re Dariush: Very defensive, and offended at being questioned? This is mafia, that's how it works...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 01, 2011, 12:37:16 pm »

The Counting Stones
Darvi: Toaster
NUKE9.13: Dariush, Ottofar
Toaster: Mysteriousbluepuppet
Vector: IronyOwl
Zrk2: Jack AT, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Max White, NUKE9.13, Powder Miner, Simple, Vector

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2011, 12:41:41 pm »

No, it wasn't an OMGUS. I think that you're scum because your case on me is bullshit, you're needlessly tunneling me and not playing to win.
...ahahahaha.
Dariush, do you realise that you just described an OMGUS?
Seriously, you are basically saying that I am voteworthy because I voted for you. That is what you are saying, that is all that you are saying. You can't say that my 'case' was bullshit, because there was no case. I just want you dead because someone has to die, and I don't particularly like you.

Also, you don't know what tunnelling means, and of course I am playing to win, how can you possibly even suggest that I am not.

Learn to everything.
Long Live United Forenia!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2011, 12:46:29 pm »

At the moment my current 'tactic' (OH GOD I FUCKED UP DON'T KILL ME) isn't really helping the town, I'm currently trying to negate the damage done by wasting an entire day hunting me.
Hey, I know what the best way to recover from a mistake is!  Claim that it wasn't a mistake and that actually everything went just as planned.  Then randomly attack people who say it was a mistake.  Then ignore the arguments against you which specifically explain why it's a scum mistake.  Then suddenly back down and FoS your scumbuddy.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 01, 2011, 02:20:32 pm »

At the moment my current 'tactic' (OH GOD I FUCKED UP DON'T KILL ME) isn't really helping the town, I'm currently trying to negate the damage done by wasting an entire day hunting me. Unvote Jim since upon further reflection I remembered that Jim acts this way even when he is town.

Ha ha.

You're such a liar.

There was going to be more to this post but then I realized most of it would just be arguing with NUKE9.13, so whatever.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 01, 2011, 02:35:30 pm »

-snip-
Powder Miner: Did you felt the need to throw your partner under the bus ? Or you want to divert everyone attention with going back to random questions ? It's  looks like you don't even care about voting him. Why is that ?
What? He's not my partner in any way shape or fashion, I did a random question so I can continue other scumhunting, and of course I don;t feel sad over voting someone who I'm not scumbuddies with because I'm not scum.
What kind of question was that?
I'm not saying that you should be sad/happy/whatever about voting him but you do it and without blinking start asking random questions. If you have a lead on him why the need for it ? And why you voted him now ?

-snip-
Simple, not at all. Which is exactly why Nuke ought to hang.
The problem here is that you're playing the same game as him with your vote. But you stop at pointing fingers where he apparently he have no inhibitions to push harder. While maybe it's not very reasonable it shows that something stops you from making steps in other directions as well as from retaliating.I don't believe it was just your decision to ignore the situation.

Zrk2: Explain to me how your current tactic helps the town. I can't grasp how someone could think outright fullclaim followed by threatening people who vote you with chain-lynch is in any way beneficial.

Re Dariush: Very defensive, and offended at being questioned? This is mafia, that's how it works...
So why would you even consider this ? It just make no sense even without considering if you're scum or town. Why would you start this whole situation of you got as you admit no reason to do so ? And how you defuse the situation by condemning attack on something that you name your own mistake ? And i must say i expected more defiance from you in this situation than this.

Nuke9.13: Could you describe tunneling in your own words ?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 01, 2011, 02:50:01 pm »

Quote from: Simple
-snip-
Powder Miner: Did you felt the need to throw your partner under the bus ? Or you want to divert everyone attention with going back to random questions ? It's  looks like you don't even care about voting him. Why is that ?
What? He's not my partner in any way shape or fashion, I did a random question so I can continue other scumhunting, and of course I don;t feel sad over voting someone who I'm not scumbuddies with because I'm not scum.
What kind of question was that?
I'm not saying that you should be sad/happy/whatever about voting him but you do it and without blinking start asking random questions. If you have a lead on him why the need for it ? And why you voted him now ?
Why would I feel anything? It's not like this is real life. And do you know why I voted him? I voted him because he was suspicious.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 01, 2011, 02:57:28 pm »

Nuke9.13: Could you describe tunneling in your own words ?
Ugh.
Fine.

Tunnelling is when you set your mind on someone being scum, and refuse to consider any other possibilities, even when your case becomes increasingly less plausible. Tell tale signs include calling your targets every action scummy, saying things like 'I knew you were going to say that', and in extreme cases, believing that the whole game is a crazy scum plot to save this one guy. (Ex:Four separate investigators say he's town? Redirected, godfather-deluded, and scummates!)
Tunnelling is harmful to the town, because whilst you are tunnelling on one guy, you aren't investigating anyone else- at least, not with any degree of seriousness.
Tunnelling is usually a town mistake, rather than a Scum tactic, although it can be- but then the cause is different, as obviously the scum player knows that his target is town, but can tunnel them in the hope that they will say something that can be twisted against them, or to get town bandwagoners to join them.

Also: sweet jumping jesus, Powder Miner. There's a preview button for a reason, you know.
Long Live United Forenia!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 01, 2011, 03:26:47 pm »

That's... a lot to read through. During the weekend.

I hate you guys.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 01, 2011, 05:21:01 pm »

Tunnelling is when you set your mind on someone being scum, and refuse to consider any other possibilities, even when your case becomes increasingly less plausible. Tell tale signs include calling your targets every action scummy, saying things like 'I knew you were going to say that', and in extreme cases, believing that the whole game is a crazy scum plot to save this one guy. (Ex:Four separate investigators say he's town? Redirected, godfather-deluded, and scummates!)
Tunnelling is harmful to the town, because whilst you are tunnelling on one guy, you aren't investigating anyone else- at least, not with any degree of seriousness.
Tunnelling is usually a town mistake, rather than a Scum tactic, although it can be- but then the cause is different, as obviously the scum player knows that his target is town, but can tunnel them in the hope that they will say something that can be twisted against them, or to get town bandwagoners to join them.

Sort of like Jim refusing to consider that it was just a question to provoke discussion. I have never been good at defending myself and I can think of at least 3 unique situations where Jim has run a campaign to see me lynched when I was in fact town, he just never realized that his 'scumtells' on me are inexperience. But whatevs...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 01, 2011, 09:00:38 pm »

Zrk2:
Sort of like Jim refusing to consider that it was just a question to provoke discussion. I have never been good at defending myself and I can think of at least 3 unique situations where Jim has run a campaign to see me lynched when I was in fact town, he just never realized that his 'scumtells' on me are inexperience. But whatevs...

Oh yeah?  What happened to this?

Make up your mind: is he being scummy or not?  You're being inconsistent as hell, and the second quoted post is your phony attack crumbling with you scrambling to recover to try to get your scum neck out of the rope.

Powder:   Do you think RVS is still going on?  Why ask about third parties?

Ottofar:  Same question to you- do you think it's still RVS?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 01, 2011, 10:25:08 pm »

It demonstrates that he always acts like that, it's just how he plays. He isn't scummy because he always acts like this, he's just tunneling.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 01, 2011, 10:30:53 pm »

It demonstrates that he always acts like that, it's just how he plays. He isn't scummy because he always acts like this, he's just tunneling.
I think tunneling is a scumtell. Jim is tunneling on me. Ergo Jim is demonstrating a scum tell. Or did you miss that the first 10 times?

See if you don't lie, then you don't need to keep track of everything you say, because seriously, other people tend to keep better track of your contradictions then you do.

Being apathetic is not the same as defending. It would be if he was a blatant and irresistible choice for scum, but i am not fully convinced. Would really like to see where you believe i'm defending him.
Why do you need to be apathetic towards him in that way, when you could instead be questioning him? Your mistaking apathetic for sympathetic. It is some what pathetic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48