Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231547 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2430 on: December 30, 2011, 06:36:28 pm »

Juan nods silently, loosens his sword slightly in its scabbard to keep it available and walks out of the room.  He closes the door behind him and straightens up, putting his feet into a relaxed but stable stance.

Is the pea green coat man there?  And if he is, Bluff check using Gambling skill for a bonus, if possible.  Juan needs a good neough poker face to let nothing through.

And if he is, try to draw my sword and run him through before he can get halfway through a sentence.  Fight to his death thereafter.

If not, search him out and appraise the situation from there.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 06:41:51 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: December 30, 2011, 06:46:45 pm »

Pea-Green Coat man is there. He's rocking on his heels-whistling. You walks over to him with a comforting smile...

[Frenz Bluff: 3+1 vs Pea Green:1]

He is completely oblivious, grinning like a fool. He walks away from you-looking out of a window. Not in position yet.

"I guess you get your foot in the door? I'm pretty sure there's no opening's right now, but maybe I can put in a good word for you, get you all the way in, after a few weeks.

I know Laz. He can be a bit of a hardass, but he's a good judge of character...I mean, he gave me my shot a long time ago when I was just hustling prostitutes down by the docks, and he's been like a father to me ever since.

Names Gregor, by the way. Gregor Salama. Nice to think we'll be working together, soon enough anyway..."

Gregor walks toward you, and holds out his hand for a friendly shake. You wonder how this man, lived this long.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 06:50:59 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: December 30, 2011, 06:49:23 pm »

"Thanks-" Juan draws his sword and goes for the belly. "-Gregor."

No dramatics, after all.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: December 30, 2011, 06:51:15 pm »

[Frenz Sneak 4+1 vs Gregor Defense 4]

His eyes widen in surprise far too late-his hand is on the hilt of his blade, when you run him through. He sputters, blood coming from his mouth.

"Juan...why...I never did nothing to you..."

He falls backwards, sliding off your blade with a muffled thump on the hardwood floor. You can hear Laz in his office, laughing and coughing.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: December 30, 2011, 06:55:12 pm »

Juan presses his boot on Gregor's wounded gut and readies his blade for a killing stroke.

"Primarily because, as you said, Laz is a very good judge of character.  If you're a Cyclicist, I hope that in your next life you betray for bigger money.  If not... Shining One carry you Home."

Juan finishes Gregor, cleanly and quickly.

Juan knocks on Laz's door, cleaning his blade with a bit of Gregor's shirt.

"You know, that's not the first 'son' I've known to sell his father out for the inheritance.  So what's next on the list, Mr Milwort?"

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: December 30, 2011, 07:15:32 pm »

The raid was successful, but wasn't up to Riivak's standards. It looked like there was no choice for it. He would have to raid Moun.

Fortunately none of the men in his command seemed overly religious. Riivak's parents were Orthodox but since there were no priests where he grew up the religion had never really stuck with Riivak. The tales told of Suul's great power still frightened Riivak, but only because the Archbishop in those stories was a terrifyingly quick thinker.

In some small way, Riivak felt bad about raiding a city of priests. Of course, it wasn't like it was Suul.

While we're in the neighborhood, raid Moun. Try to spare the temples, if the troops object.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: December 30, 2011, 07:43:52 pm »

While we're in the neighborhood, raid Moun. Try to spare the temples, if the troops object.
The idea is appalling. How can you even think this sort of thing? You realise that there are Orthodox shrines in Moun as well, right?

[3] Your troops are not happy. At all. They agree to go with you, but you can hear resentful murmurs every time you turn your back.

[2] Unfortunately the people of Moun had heard about your raid of Nalia. And they have tracked you. And when charge towards the gates of Moun, you find yourself facing a hoard of warrior-priests of every kind. [2-1] Your men, of course, turn tail and flee. The Mounites give chase. [1] They catch you. [4+2v5+4] Your men fall to their sacrificial knives, ceremonial staves, and blessed repeater crossbows. Riivak the Raider is burnt at the stake as a reminder that we should really all get along, or else this happens.

((With Terenos's permission)) ((Terenos changed his mind))

[5] Riivak manages to escape unscathed. Grow a beard (or shave it), take a new name- and take the money they'd buried in the woods before beginning the raid- and he is back on his feet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 08:45:27 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: December 31, 2011, 12:11:34 am »

"Not any current laws...But soon there will be under the new leadership. As for me, I'm Retcyl Jementeten of Hatcur. If you kill me, very well...You'll probably all be forced to...Perform your services without pay...and then under go a religious education program. I hear that many go mad from listening."

She laughs, slightly forced by annoyance, "I've already dealt with new leadership here in Polca, if there's going to be another new upstart trying to force their way around - go kill eachother first. I'll make deal with whoever survives."

Set sail to Galam, Arrange a meeting with Eshir.

[4] Knowing a fellow brother of Shola has been in Galam since the incident the previous year, Hyte advises that he should act as your emissary and arrange the meeting. [5] The meeting is arranged quite easily and attendance is kept to a minimum. Only the Knight Commander, his Quartermaster and Dala will be present.

Attitudes: Eshir[5], Ives[2], Dala[X]

Ives shows his annoyance rather openly that you are even present, but seems to be keeping his mouth shut upon orders. Eshir is, to be frank, rather amused you're in Galam - under the circumstances.

"Welcome to Galam, dear Laythe. I'm unaware if you've ever actually been to my fair country in your life, but welcome all the same." He motions for you to sit one of a pair of what appear to be a rather comfortable chairs in his office.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:23:12 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: December 31, 2011, 12:17:47 am »

"William, I take it? Well there will be need of killing here...We're associates...I just wasn't aware that he had already dealt with you...Sorry for this intrusion."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: December 31, 2011, 12:26:09 am »

"William, I take it? Well there will be need of killing here...We're associates...I just wasn't aware that he had already dealt with you...Sorry for this intrusion."

"He seems big on dealing with everyone in Polca. He's already made a dreadful mess of the city guard, the Lord's Manor, my business and last i directed him - toward the smuggler's cooperative at the docks." She composes herself nicely, "I run a clean business here. I have no problems with law, order or corpses clouding my image. I have no desire to start either"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: December 31, 2011, 12:33:13 am »

"Once again, sorry mistress...but you should know that there may be a few new laws on your establishment in due time...thank you for your time."

Retcyl left the Lily and returned to the ship, expecting some sleep before journeying out for another try at the gangs here. But just as climbed the gangway, his scribe immediately handed him a letter, with Hugo's seal. He read it. And read it again to make sure. Laythe Psychobitch had been ousted and replaced with a council! Even better, Hugo had been active and was even now aiding them!

He smiled and once again left the ship, leaving orders to ready for sail...

Find William.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: December 31, 2011, 12:45:07 am »

Ives shows his annoyance rather openly that you are even present, but seems to be keeping his mouth shut upon orders. Eshir is, to be frank, rather amused you're in Galam - under the circumstances.

"Welcome to Galam, dear Laythe. I'm unaware if you've ever actually been to my fair country in your life, but welcome all the same." He motions for you to sit one of a pair of what appear to be a rather comfortable chairs in his office.
Laythe sat down in one of the chairs solemnly. "I assume you know what happened at Mileth?  Well, when the army returned to thge city, we were greeted by a disgruntled populace. What happened next was quite unexpected, but not unprepared for. My Marshal ordered the entire army outside the city, letting lawlessness grip Talama, and in that chaos the usurpers took my throne." Laythe took a deep breth, and a swig of ale before continuing.

"Now, they're likely to try hunting me down in order to "Complete" their damned revolution, and now they will be a threat to the entire storm coast. So now, here I am, reqesting a safe haven and eventually assistance in removing the rebels. If you need to know anything, just ask..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: December 31, 2011, 12:57:26 am »

Ives looked at Eshir in utter amazement, "She actually admits it all up front" he thought.

Eshir simply looked at him and smiled before following up with the, now former, Queen. "Yes yes, Mileth. Quite a disaster that turned out to be. Lots of rumors of the actions on both sides, none of which I'm truly concerned about. My concern, as always, is that of my own people. While I always enjoy sticking it to another nation in a hilarious fashion, yours is the only one with a miltary force large enough to concern me. You obviously made few friends with Mileth, that we can't deny - or you wouldn't be here.." He stopped smiling somewhere during his speech, and now simply looked at you with a mixture of concern sympathy. "Formalities must be observed, of course, so I must ask - What is to prevent me from simply buying an alliance with Ligoria with you?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: December 31, 2011, 01:13:00 am »

"Did you really think that we only marched to Mileth to liberate it? We wnet to conquer it. These rebels, left unchecked, will try to expand their sphere of influence across the eintire storm coast. They're not going to stop at one or two cities, They'll try to take the entire coast. They get eough power, they'll try and challenge Galam, and the fact is, by that point they will have likely taken Shola, Mileth and Nalia.

Though if you do pursue an alliance with the rebels using me as a barganing chip, I have but one request, Kill me first. I'd prefer not letting the Rebels have that satisfaction at the very least..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: December 31, 2011, 01:32:13 am »

"Point taken, but I have no need to sell you to them. It makes more sense to keep you around as a willful prisoner. You have no where else to go, I'm the only one that can stand to keep you alive." Eshir nods Ives off, who leaves with purpose.

"What you say of your former nobles is likely correct, but I have little to fear from them.  Before they become a threat to me, I'd have made diplomatic attempts. I have enough friends on the coast that it shouldn't be much of an issue. Should they scorn my efforts, however, well...my men are better trained and I have better friends."

You hear a slight shuffle in the back of the room as Dala takes a step forward. Eshir nods to the man, now standing behind your chair, "Mutual friends, Sir."

Eshir looks surprised, then understanding, "I see..." Looking to Hyte, he still speaks to you, "So, your associate and mine are of similar backgrounds. Resourceful they are and well worth the trouble caused for their assistance." Looking back to you, he makes a rather blunt statement "I'm not an idiot, I know they're here to spy on us both. I'm sure Cain wished to make sure we didn't have any part in the raid on Shola...Right Dala?"

You almost hear the smile in his voice, "Right"

"What they're still doing here, gods only know. I have little to hide, you being here won't remain a secret for long and I trust Cain to be discrete with what he knows"
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 220