Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231520 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Summer 416a)
« Reply #2400 on: December 30, 2011, 03:03:48 pm »

"The Storm Coast will be looking for a degree of order to be restored.

The Legitimacy of the Church will help remind people Ligoria is a place to do business...Worship should not be mandatory, obviously. Conversion as sword point went out of style a hundred years ago."

Tala waited for a moment of silence, then spoke of something on her mind.

"The last issue I would bring up is the question of Sir William Blackrose-for the record, A noble who I believe was unfairly cast out of Ligoria by the Queen, on pain of death I might add.

I am happy to confess now, I have been keeping in contact with him and receiving word of his movements, without informing our former Queen of such.

Can we assume his banishment is rescinded, or should we investigate the terms of his crimes more closely before reaching a decision?

If he is found to have been judged unfairly, I am not sure if William will return to Ligoria as a noble, but I would like him to know he can at least return one day without fear of execution."

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: December 30, 2011, 03:09:02 pm »

"Of course- Taloisism specifically forbids enforced worship. But I must encourage you all to visit a church- I know it sounds silly, but they really know what they are talking about. The Bright One guides us all, every day- and he could ease your trouble greatly in these trying times."

Upon mention of William Hugo brightens up.

"Oh, yes, we simply must bring William back. And the Hacturi, whilst we are at it."
Long Live United Forenia!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: December 30, 2011, 03:11:07 pm »

"I know about the situation that led to William's exile. He made a mistake, but he was judged unfairly. Namely, the Queen banished him because he did a better job than the court's diplomat. There were no reasons to send him in exile that day, and there are no reasons to leave him in exile today. I think we should contact him and inform him that if he returns to Ligoria, he will get his lands and his title back. The Hatcuri can come back, too. The Queen is the major cause of the racism against them."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: December 30, 2011, 03:14:03 pm »

"So far I have no objection to any of the proposals. I myself look forward to construction of a cathedral for the worship of Light. One can never have too many blessings.
And Sir William can freely return. His injustice should be put right and his land retuned to him.

There is one thing that bothered me ever since I came to this country, and that is slavery. I have seen many people and many situations in my life, and treatment of people like trade good is disgusting to me. I insist that we abolish slavery and enslaving people for debt at once."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: December 30, 2011, 03:18:30 pm »

"Abolish slavery? Who will rebuild the city? Who will build the cathedral- which, incidentally, I would be happy to design? Now, I agree that the manner in which slavers acquire their cargoes is unfortunate- I'm sure many a slave is simply an innocent man who found himself on the wrong side of a bandit ambush- but abolishing it altogether seems overly radical."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: December 30, 2011, 03:19:50 pm »

Kathos looked at Nikephoros and nervously cleared his throat. Time to use tact.

"While this is an honorable demand, Nikephoros, the time might not be the best. We must make sure that we have the loyalty of the people, and rebuild Talama. Alot of men of power will be furious if we make slavery illegal, and this is not the good time to make more enemies. I suggest that before we take any action to make slavery illegal, we should wait for the dust to settle and also study the reaction of the people to such a decision. You will understand that we cannot simply make slavery illegal like we can change some unimportant laws."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: December 30, 2011, 03:26:17 pm »

"Fine. Lets get the country running first, then we remove the slavery. I got where I am on my own shoulders, I hate to think that this country will be built by abusing someone's personal freedom"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: December 30, 2011, 03:31:44 pm »

"I'm no fan of slavery either, but Kathos is right. We need to make many changes the people will favor first, such as allowing worship once more, before we start making ones that, while honorable, could prove problematic. Perhaps we could take small steps on it, such as next season, when people are accustomed to us, we lower the maximum amount of time a person can be an indentured servant. We gradually scale it back over time until it's eliminated completely, letting people get used to the idea, and then we abolish slavery."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: December 30, 2011, 03:41:39 pm »

Tala was of the same mind as Nikephoros. More than he knew. Hadn't her own mother been a slave? She found the comfort of Pashas hand, squeezing it a bit harder than she might have intended. She had enough self control not to let it show otherwise.

"It's not an easy thing to decide, that's for sure...owning another man....or woman, is an abominable thing.

I share Nikephoros thoughts on this matter. But Pasha and Hugo have good points as well-and as much as I would love to abolish it altogether, I am not sure how the people would react.

Also, some slaves are only slaves because otherwise they would be imprisoned for their debts-they are even willing to work a slaves, rather than die in an overcrowded prison cell, or starve in the streets. How do we deal with that?

Perhaps we can start expanding some rights slaves are afforded, making it a crime to assualt or kill a slave without provocation, and giving Slaves more legal recourse to free themselves if they wish? Once we gauge the reaction of these subtle changes, we can decide how far things can be taken."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: December 30, 2011, 03:53:40 pm »

Nikephoros wasn't too happy with the lukewarm reception of his proposal (save for Tala,) but understood the situation.

"If you believe that gradual moves are better then I'm fine with it. But don't think about shoving it under the carpet.
One more thing I wanted to ask: if the country has no king, what shall we name it? A commonwealth? a republic?"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: December 30, 2011, 04:02:03 pm »

"De Republica Ligoria has a certain ring to it, does it not?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: December 30, 2011, 04:08:29 pm »

Tala smiled-she knew Hugo would like nothing more than to have an entire country built with a name he chose for it.. She decided to help.

"That does have a certain flavor to it, Hugo. It sounds very fresh and exciting-it appeals to youth and life.

I like it, very much so."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: December 30, 2011, 04:29:28 pm »

Juan attempts to seek out the Double Noughts to offer his services as an enforcer/dogsbody.

[4] You come into a supposedly abandoned warehouse, though once there it's clear it's not as abandoned as it would seem. Several people with green sashes on their arms run about hauling cargo all all sorts, While a man in a pea green clothing is overseeing the operation. One of the guards soon accost you. "Hey, what are you doing here?"

Try to escape, using the dolman in creative ways, also say something witty if you do escape. If it is in no way possible to escape, fight using every cheap trick and every advantage you can.

[3-1] Awalia manages to grab you and toss you back into the center of the warehouse when you attempt to run off. This will be a fight, and not an easy one too.

Spoiler: Fight rolls. (click to show/hide)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: December 30, 2011, 04:34:46 pm »

"Well, it does sounds good, but I don't think the people will appreciate. A name in Proper would be much better, I think. Something like 'the Noble Republic of Ligoria', maybe."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: December 30, 2011, 04:35:08 pm »

Juan raises his free hand, shrugging the guard off.

"Just looking for work, friend.  Word is, you need someone not afraid to get their hands dirty for decent pay.  I'm your man, then.  I'm a soldier, dishonourable discharge.  No future for me roughing up foreigners, so why not let me put my skills to use here?"
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 220