Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231855 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Spring 416a)
« Reply #1725 on: November 27, 2011, 01:55:54 pm »

As Pasha left the room, another messenger brought a note. From Avitus this time.

Hmmm.... its always problems with Laythe, isn't it? Nikephoros begun to trust the crafty statesman though, so he was fairly sure that Avitus could handle this on his own.
Still, a small reply to assure the man would not hurt.

He then threw the note into the fire, right next to the ashes of now incinerated letter from Pasha.
Nikephoros then wrote his reply.

A,
K is coming with me. Stay behind and take care of things. Prepare annexation papers.
N.
burn after reading

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:58:07 pm by Ardas »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: November 27, 2011, 03:03:00 pm »

Spring...The time of birth, love, growth, redemption. The perfect time for the construction of an outpost. It wouldn't be much, but with time, it would become a bastion of Hatcuri influence. Retcyl read over his reports and smiled. Hugo had renamed the Embassy to the Bleeding Scales and had made it seem anti-Hatcuri. It would have been impossible to do that while Retcyl was still there. He also got a report on his loaned ship...He had needed to decommission it due to lack of funding...Damn. That was life, Retcyl mused.

Wait for Empire's response and smuggling report.

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

((CG. Need to get rid of a ship. I pick the ship that was previously on lease.))
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 03:42:30 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: November 27, 2011, 05:27:52 pm »

"As you wish, your majesty." He bowed, partly because he felt honored, and partly to avoid showing his immense relief after successfully dissuading the Queen to put a guard in her throne. "What other matter did you want to discuss?"

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: November 28, 2011, 12:43:43 am »

Have my men disguised themselves as workmen, like they did before. They will stay in the boat, as well the crew, when William goes for a walk throughout the city, marking down places of military and government importance, mentally. He will be wearing a black longcoat- that he seems to be liking more and more- over his leather and chainmail armor. He is of course, armed with his sword.

[6] Your men attempt to pretend to be simple workers on the ship. Port officials are only slightly curious what a ship full of crew is doing in the port with no actual work going on. [4]You have a good mental arrangement of the city layout and it's key locations

Wait for Empire's response and smuggling report.

A response from the empire comes in early spring, arriving by the same bird you first sent

Smuggler's Report:
The smuggler has managed to unload [2] crates of opiates into Ligoria, [5] completely ignored by port officials and tax collectors. These goods were [3] mostly unloaded onto the Fists. The smuggler is happy with the income he obtained doing this and has 0.[5]d sent to you. Apparently he managed to keep all but [2] one of his contacts along the coast. This contact was apparently the one he was planning to dump the load of naval goods on that William burned. He claims he still holds a few in most of the coast ((giving him a few bonuses to his smuggling rolls)) in several locations.

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Letter to Shola (click to show/hide)

Send message. Collect taxes from Mileth. Put out the word I am looking for an Engineer (or several)

You manage to collect [4]*20% (80%) of the taxes for mileth. Some of the outlying farming communities understandably did not want to pay their invader and/or simply didn't travel into town this spring. [3] The mayor admits that this has been a problem in the past and has never truly pushed the issue more than required. You still collect the city's market and population taxes on top of the 14.4(of 18) land taxes giving you a total of 22.4d fungible assets.

Lord Cain has sent a messenger back to you with the following:
Spoiler:  Letter to Arctic Fox (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 12:54:38 am by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: November 28, 2011, 01:00:57 am »

Retcyl read the response again, again, and again. That money was practically a blessing from the gods! Now, he only had to get to Dalannor...And actually get some work done. The Court didn't like seeing their plans go to waste...Retcyl was stuck here for now. Well at least the smuggling was going well enough...Best he could do was establish contacts with the other cities.

Retcyl pens a letter and sends it on another bird, this time to Shola. It requests that Hatcuri be allowed to meet with the city's leaders.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: November 28, 2011, 01:06:43 am »

Remember if the town has a barracks or a guardhouse outside of the castle and more importantly, remember how many entrances it has.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: November 28, 2011, 01:14:39 am »

Remember if the town has a barracks or a guardhouse outside of the castle and more importantly, remember how many entrances it has.

There is no castle, simply a large manor the Lord lives in.
Outside the city, no. Small barracks inside the city and guardhouses at the gates, of which there are 3. Including the port, this makes 4 real entrances to the city.

Retcyl pens a letter and sends it on another bird, this time to Shola. It requests that Hatcuri be allowed to meet with the city's leaders.

[4] The reply holds no true objection to the idea. Lord Cain doesn't ignore an audience [2] unless there's no purpose to it. He doesn't respond well to having his time wasted.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: November 28, 2011, 01:17:43 am »

Remember if the biggest barracks has more then one entrance.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: November 28, 2011, 01:21:14 am »

Remember if the biggest barracks has more then one entrance.

Servants entrance at the side. Conveniently, this is where the city guard plays cards with the employees.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: November 28, 2011, 01:23:34 am »

...So two entrances...should be easy...

William heads into the barracks and asks to meet with the leader of the Guard.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: November 28, 2011, 01:30:08 am »

((lols))
[1] The Guard at the door is rather abrupt and to the point, "The leader of the guard doesn't meet with street trash, get lost before i arrest you for being annoying"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: November 28, 2011, 01:30:59 am »

((Can I do tactical training?))

There was truly little else to do...Perhaps Retcyl could brush up on his skills...Retcyl left his tent and gathered his regiment for drilling. He would put them through their paces and order them around...All the while trying to learn what should be used against what.

Drill regiment to train up tactic skill.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: November 28, 2011, 01:36:56 am »

Drill regiment to train up tactic skill.

((No reason you cant, but you only get 1 project per season))

[14352]
+60-30
Tactical Leadership: 0 [30/100]

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: November 28, 2011, 02:24:04 am »

((Double post, my bad))
Hugo sells that which his brush has wrought. Notable pieces in this period include
'The Lady's Play', showing a performance of early Ligorian Noble Theatre (possibly the first play in this style),
'Crows in red', a murder of crows set against a blood-red sunset, and
'Hugo's lament', a self portrait of the artist sitting amongst piles of paperwork.

You gain 1.5d this season selling your works, a great number of the lofty with deep pockets were happy to be rid of winter and decided to splurge on some art this season.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: November 28, 2011, 04:43:49 am »

((OOC: Sorry for not answering earlier Dwarmin, I got arrested on Saturday evening at a party-cum-protest, spent the night on the concret floor of an unheated cell opened to the outside and thus had to spend my sunday catching up with some sleep.))

The reason Sheb hadn't drunk any of his hypocras yet was a simple one: Tala was beautiful outside, but now that she had taken off her heavy winter cloak, she was stunning. Sheb had the utmost difficulties in keeping his eyes from sliding down along her white, slender neck toward her... But hell, I'm disgressing. Suffice to say he wasn't paying much attention to her words, and couldn't help blushing when he heard speak about the night.

He also couldn't help hating himself for blushing. He had come to the city wanting to conquer the whole world, and he was now feeling like a teenager being played with. And to add insult to injury, she was now talking about her accent like nothing happened.

Tala wa ssurely unlike any girl he ever met. While he was surely attracted by her in what we'll call a physical way for decency's sake, he was starting to get more and more interested in her personality and her history. She was... different, and a possible way up the social ladder to the very top.

He now remembered why her name struch a chord earlier: when he was in the marketplace, some people were wondering if the Queen would instate her as a regent for the next months!

Sheb took a large sip of his hypocras before speaking.

"Indeed Lady Alanis. Although I must say you seem to have been more successful in the pursuit of those interests than me. Although with time I'm confident I'll prove to be quite able at the power game myself. For someone born outside of Ligorian society, you were admirably quick in fitting in.

But please, tell me more about those opportunities you were speaking of. I've heard that Ligoria is apparently going to war against some warlord that invaded Mileth. Were you thinking of the opportunities that inevitably arise from a conflict, or opportunities of a more... personal kind?"

Saying those last word, Sheb advanced his hand, taking Tala's into his. He too could play the naughty game.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 220