Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232237 times)

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #1110 on: November 07, 2011, 01:52:18 pm »

((Thank you NUKE! @filius Ahah, I was hoping you would roll a die :p))
"Don't worry, my only weapon is the rapier in the sheath strapped to my saddle. Take good care of the horse please." He tidied his coat, ready to enter the castle grounds.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 07, 2011, 01:58:58 pm »

((This is your Que, Fanofgaming.))
After a pat-down by a [4] normal looking male guard Henry is brought into a nice office and told to wait.
Two guards stand watch, making sure Henry doesn't do anything stupid.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 07, 2011, 02:13:01 pm »

((I just noticed that I've been playing Retcl "OOC" for the last week by which I mean his personality isn't being rp'd))

"Yes...Good. Now onto business."

Retcyl takes a nearby map from one of the shelves and opens it up on the desk. He points to Talama.

"As is obvious, we are here, in Talama. Now over here," he points to the Vale and William's former estate, "are your former holdings. There is no chance of the Queen letting you have these territories, but if we move quickly enough, we can get everything valuable and leave both estates useless to the Queen, or as my associates call her, "Psychobitch ", an apt name."

Retcyl places two miniature ships onto the map, just outside Talama.

"Now, while that plan is being done, I need to evacuate my men while at the same time giving our friend Hugo all the briefing he requires...And yes, a peasant did make me do this...Which I know I could easily disobey but I'd rather not. Anyway, after all this, we still need a base of operations. We cannot go to your native land, nor the surrounding cities-your capture of the Vale may have raised a few objections...The way I see it, we can go to Swastamik, the east, or we can an island somewhere..."

"Now should all this be ran smoothly, we still need to deal with the Crow. I'd prefer if we could just leave him here to annoy our dear queen, but he can be of better use working for us..."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 07, 2011, 02:13:50 pm »

Thomas is interrupted from his reading by one of the guards and is told that a man has come to see him. He happily puts down his book and goes to meet the man. Walking into the room, he sees Henry and the two guards. "Oh, hello. My name is Thomas Talboh, and I am the mayor of this lovely land. How many I help you?"
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 07, 2011, 02:25:21 pm »

William sighs and scratches his face.
"I'm torn between abandoning Vale and uniting the lands around it to make a kingdom....but I don't want to leave my soldiers and allies to be killed by Pyschobitch, I have a oath to them. Will your ships be able to hold seventy extra humans or do I have to buy my own? Plus whatever gold we gain from Vale?"
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 02:27:52 pm by filiusenox »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 07, 2011, 02:27:44 pm »

Three days after William's indictment comes some VERY bad news for him: The queen has the town criers proclaim William as a traitor and outlaw, and a three Ducat reward for his lifeless corpse. William may want to leave VERY soon before every0ne in the city wants his head...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 07, 2011, 02:39:58 pm »

((I'm assuming each ship can hold one regiment.))

Retcyl thinks about his ships and comes to a conclusion.

"I have enough ships to hold all the hatcuri and your men...But we'll need more ships if we are to survive this. It's unfortunate, but you'll have to be the one to pay for them. I am not the banished one here, and if people suspect that I'm aiding you, then my Embassy here will be lost, along with my contacts."

"I'd advise you to buy at least two ships, but the choice is yours."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 07, 2011, 02:49:40 pm »

Still the same day of meeting with the queen.
"Fine, ill go buy two ships and pretend to head to Lonemine. I was really hoping I could get some sleep today, but I guess not...Could you send a letter to Vale for me? Or would that blow your cover?"
William pulls a wax-sealed envelope out of his pocket and hold its uncertainly near Rectyl's hand. The name "John Hordol" is written on the front. A small six-sided star is drawn on the front.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 07, 2011, 02:59:32 pm »

((Going now.))

"I...can risk it. Yes..."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 07, 2011, 03:00:28 pm »

Laythe's Throne room:

General Vandire and Advisor Avitus found themselves summoned to the throne room about a day after the crow escaped by the Queen...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 03:04:43 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 07, 2011, 03:04:34 pm »

"Thank you."
He put the Letter down on the table and left.

William slid his hand into his pocket and stepped out into the light of day. He glanced at the shadows for a moment.
Afternoon allready...damn.
He gave three short high pitched whistles and waited for a few moments.
His three guards materialised from various alleyways and stood at attention, and with that done, he headed to the dock.
Find any freelance boat owners, mostly smugglers, rumrunners, and shady boatsmen...

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 03:37:18 pm by filiusenox »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 07, 2011, 03:13:00 pm »

"Heh, I wonder what that may be about...".

Nikephoros was walking towards the throne room, still thinking about the project he cooked up after reading up on the latest military tactics. Ligoria's army wasn't the biggest one, but if the quality was changed then, who knows....

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 07, 2011, 03:26:04 pm »

Nikephoros was already waiting in front of the throne room when Avitus walked in.
"Good morning General! I guess we both have an appointment today, and I wouldn't  be surprised if it was a grouped one.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 07, 2011, 03:50:31 pm »

The day before the meeting, Queen Laythe read the papers Tristan had handed her. It seemed Lord Aurelian d'Allemagne had went out of his way to use the common language exclusively.

"To her majesty Laythe Ralia,
I hope this missive finds you well. We have heard of the change of leadership in your country, that your city has received many hatcuri immigrant, and also that your birthday is coming soon. Dalannor wishes to extend its hand in friendship to you and your people, in the hopes our countries will continue to remain on good terms as we have in the past. To that end I am sending one of my best men men to lead fifty watchmen to bolster your magistrate. Please consider he and his men to be my birthday gift to you. I have already advanced them their wages up until Summer 416 as well; if you do not consider them useful to you by then, you may send them back at no further cost to yourself.

I ask only that you retain Tristan Winterbourne as my ambassador. He is not of noble blood, but I think of him as a son and he has proven himself to be the equal of any noble's ability throughout his career. He does not say it but I feel he has grown restless with Dalannor and I hope Ligoria will be a welcome change for him; I am certain you can use his talents, both as a watchman and as an inventor.

For your convenience, I've attached a roster of the watchmen I am sending, both their names and descriptions..."

Laythe flipped through it, seeing no reason to read it at the moment. She could always hand it over to the guard captain who would work with them later or something.

"Warmest regards,
Lord Aurelian d'Allemagne"

Find any freelance boat owners, mostly smugglers, rumrunners, and shady boatsmen...
(4) William and his guards head to the docks and look for any sort of smugglers they can find. After some time they find someone willing to take them that can push off without being noticed, but the boat is rather old and small, and can probably hold - at most - forty men. Also, the captain wants a ducat in payment, up front, before taking on any passengers.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 05:08:18 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 07, 2011, 05:12:43 pm »

Three days are up, the lockdown continues for the rest of the week. So it ends in the beginning of Winter.
[3+1] After three days of lockdown, the people begin to get restless. There is the occasional mutter of discontent, but fortunately no one acts on their feelings.

[5] The lockdown seems efficient, and fears that smugglers may use the opportunity to expand their businesses prove unfounded.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 220