Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232209 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #1080 on: November 05, 2011, 01:13:05 pm »

-Our agents still within the immigrant camp will remain there. Since the camp appears to be large and old enough, it should have a de-facto leader or leaders; seek them out and try to curry favor with them- we may need their ear.
[1] The camp does not have leaders. Or rather, it does.
Said leaders are displayed for all to see in a makeshift square, swinging in the wind. Executed for a variety of trumped up crimes, although the real crime is clear: organising the poor, which could lead to trouble.

-See if our men can glean any useful information from gossip around town, such as upcoming market days or festivals, information about the city's mint, political intrigue, and the like.
[5] The city of Fiumefurt is the same physically and mentally; strong from without, but filled with problems inside. The people present a united front against crime and invasion, whilst simultaneously scheming amongst themselves for petty personal power. Those in power do not have any ancestral rights to their power, and as such no one complains when they fall, and there is no honour amongst them- mercenaries fight each other in the street, assassins strike in broad daylight. The town's leadership is chaos, with the mint being the only bastion of order- no one, but no one, fucks with the mint, or anyone working for it. In truth, the mint runs the town, rather than the other way around.
The chaotic leadership makes it easy to learn sensitive information; useful facts stream into your ears.

-Information about the size and strength of Fiumefurt's military isn't likely to be in the public domain, but check anyway.
[2+1] It isn't public domain, no. But the city's soldiers parade around often enough that you can get a general estimate of their strength. 6 regiments stand within the walls. One at each gate, one at the palace, and two at the mint. They are all heavily armed, except for one of the mint-guarding regiments- they proudly boast that they need no armour.

-Have Shark establish contact with the local underworld.
[5-1] Though the city has a hard take on crime, their efforts are focused on the flow of precious metals. There are an assortment of common criminals with whom your men, Shark included, make contact. Some of them are themselves former bandits who decided on a more urban lifestyle, and who know of Shark's reputation, and are eager to work with him.

-Track down an engineer for hire in the immigrant's camp (preferable) or the city proper.
[4] Wanted a better life, he did. Heard this city needed engineers, he did.
Apparently they needed engineers to fix their sewers. Not a glamorous job, not a well-paying job. And before you ask, no, they are not man-sized sewers, and the mint doesn't have any anyway.
You find an engineer who claims to be capable, and is eager to do something which will pay better than fixing plumbing.
Long Live United Forenia!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 05, 2011, 04:31:22 pm »

See, once the hubbub from the crow dies down if I escape
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 05, 2011, 06:39:42 pm »

"What are your feelings on the matter? Do you think Ligoria is any real danger?"

'Tala' replies fairly mildly.

"Well, we all have much to fear from our neighbors, but no one has made any aggressive moves toward Ligoria that I know of. I have no doubt our enemies are using the 'wait and see' approach.

The Queen will eventually be influenced to expander our borders, and then we shall see what happens once we make the first move. In any case, that's already looking to become more of a problem than it should be..."

She stood up and stretched, then paced toward the window, before turning back and speaking again.

"It was not this moring I found that one of the Queens nobles recently went rogue, and was banished. He tried to claim lands-probably for himself instead of Laythe's Queendom-and ended up driving most of them to resist us...we'll have a tough fight on our hands unless someone can salvage the situation."

'Tala' shakes her head with remorse.

"In truth, the Queendom is in need of more subtle tactics. Brute force rarely avails anyone but the undertakers...

She stopped at that moment. One deep breath.

"Ah, before I trap you in another long winded diatribe, I think I shall release you to your duties, Tristan, if you wish it. Otherwise you might be listening to me to all day. Though, my voice is not so harsh to the ears that I could drive you away, I would hope."

'Tala' smiled and held our her right hand to Tristan to take, to lead him to the door. It was a Dalannori custom for a woman to lead the man she was courting out of her home as a sign of trust, and she wondered how he would take it. She rather enjoyed his company, after all. Why not give him something to remember her by?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 05, 2011, 07:03:37 pm »

Tristan nodded. Doubtless the lady had other duties to attend, and it would be quite impolite to monopolize her time. "Non, il est bien droit. I do not mind speaking with you. But indeed the day wears on, and there are still matters I must attend to before I retire for the day." He intended to walk the streets at least twice to try and get a feel for the city, and he felt it would be better to do that while there was still some light left. These are certainly interesting times I find myself in. She offered him her hand in a familiar gesture and he took it, allowing himself to be led to the door.

Once there, he turned to her and kissed her left cheek, then the right. It was Dalannori custom, after all, and she seemed to know many. "Merci, madame. It was an honor to meet you. Should you ever have need of my help, do not hesitate to call upon it. Au revoir." He smiled again and left to go find the Levesque siblings and walk the roads. Once he was done with that, he would leave them to their duties and return to the castle to find his quarters and relax for awhile. His duties would start soon enough, he was sure.

Explore the main roads of the city, then head to my room.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 05, 2011, 07:09:37 pm »

Look for information on the herbalist and the plants she wants.

[4] The herbalists name is Ardu. She’s considered the best in town, but most people think her a witch. Only a few mutter openly against her, because she’s considered brilliant at her trade. Lots of people would be dead if it wasn’t for her, so most people are polite if icy to her.

[3] The first herb, Blueleaf, is noted for it’s soothing smell. Most of the time it is used in an infusion like lavender and smells pleasantly of Mint. One of the herbalists say that it often grows on old battlefields, and that it’s the spirits of dead warriors trying to stop wars from being fought. Is produces a slight numbing feeling when chewed, barely noticeable.
[6] The second herb(Or rather mushroom), called “Stiffwort” is a potent aphrodisiac, most often bought by plain women, shy girls, chamber-maids and women of negotiable affections. It grows under pine leaves and thrives in chilly to fine weather. Most users smoke this mushroom. The herbalists say that you shouldn’t use it too much.
[6] The third herb is a leaf of a shrub “Sleeper‘s Shrub” , most of things on this plant are highly poisonous in medium to large amounts. They, strange enough, induce sleep. The flowers- Which are what the alchemist’s want, but will understand if you don’t get them - are bright red and green. The leaves are a milder form of the drug and are bright green, thin, and waxy. It often grows in soil rich in- shall we say - dead things. Just follow the smell of rotten meat one of the herbalists tell you..
[1]The third plant, “Amberloose”, must be rare, most of the herbalist’s don’t know of it, and suggest that you ask a philosopher or one who deals in fables.
         [5] Which luckily for you, a nearby one is set up in a nearby square. [4] For a few silver coins, he tells you that it’s a strange plant, that grows near a river bank where a piece of amber has encrusted a red ant that ate maple syrup.  It’s properties boil down to an amnesia inducer.
“The herbalists probably sampled their wares too much.” the boring philosopher tells you.

[4] The herbalist, give you a drawings of each plants. Except for the Amberloose plant.[2] The philosopher doesn't have a drawing of it, but he tells you to look for grey leaves when the moon is full.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 07:28:49 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1085 on: November 05, 2011, 07:45:49 pm »

What could Ardu possibly want with a sleep or amnesia inducing herbs? Well, obviously for causing sleep amnesia, wondered Oli'c. If I find some, I may have to keep a little for myself.

"All right, men," said Oli'c. "I want five of the peasants and all but one of my druids to come. Ke'ljk, you should stay behind, and make sure the peasants do not get out of line. Try to slowly bring them onto the path of nature."

Ke'ljk walked off, with a slight smirk.

"Don't be too harsh keeping them in line!" Oli'c called after him. "Bring all your weapons and armour, and some bags."

Prepare to go on the journey northwards, and leave a druid behind to manage and slowly convert the people. Take five men with me.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 09:19:44 pm by kytuzian »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: November 06, 2011, 03:13:32 pm »

((I cant do the other roll, mate. That's CG's turf...))
[4]You prepare for the journey northward. Nothing of interest happens.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 06, 2011, 03:15:59 pm »

Laythe was in her study, counting up most of the tax income for the season's trade, before she remembered about the latter Tristan gave her. She proptly out the quill back into it's pot and started to read it...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 06, 2011, 04:10:38 pm »

Later that night...

'Tala' was enjoying herself at a small diner in one of the more upscale parts of town. She hadn't frequented this one before...which was good, because she was wearing a heavy cloak and hood that hid her more defining features. It helped the place was kept fashionably low lit, as well. She had no real need for keeping incognito, but she would not have preferred to have anyone bothering her tonight.

There he was-the first agent. Fashionable, polite and a devil with a knife. He was The Handler. She hoped his report had something good to say...they had arranged for five agents to be brought in, but she did not know their progress or identities. It was...safer that way.

"So...tell me whats going on between us..." She said, in a low whisper. And to her, he whispered on the status of the five...

1. A man in the city guard, patrolling the walls
2. A woman in the entertainment district, catering to high priced clients.
3. A woman in the merchant district, with enough money to buy a profitable tailors shop overlooking city square
4. A man serving as a butler for noble families.
5. A man who has ingratiated himself into the criminal element of the city, in the slums of the city.

(OOC: Here, I've tried to smuggle five Dragon Empire Agents into the city. They've come in at different times and places, for different reasons, so they might need to be rolled for seperate. Assume they've got very good cover identity, and the skills to possibly escape or talk their way out of tricky situations.)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1089 on: November 06, 2011, 04:31:59 pm »

"Men, prepare to march!"

The men, not the druids, were carrying all the bags, as Oli'c had said they would need to be "on alert" and couldn't do so when carrying such bags.

"Druids, I need you to look at the plants to gather any herbs you see, regardless if they are the ones Ardu wants," said Oli'c quietly. "If you find any of the plants besides the blueleaf, tell me, and do not alert the peasants to it."

Attempt to find a road and travel on it for eight hours a day for the next week, while looking for any herbs, then stop.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:11:35 pm by kytuzian »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 06, 2011, 07:05:42 pm »

Attempt to find a road and travel on it for eight hours a day for the next week, while looking for any herbs, then stop.

[3]You don't find any roads; you find a footpath leading into the hills. [3] You find some Blueleaf growing in clumps in a clearing down a deserted footpath.
[6]You notice a large grove of Pine trees growing on one side of the clearing.
[2]You notice nothing out of the ordinary about the clearing.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:08:19 pm by filiusenox »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 06, 2011, 07:13:50 pm »

Attempt to sneak out of town.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 06, 2011, 07:26:01 pm »

Attempt to sneak out of town.
[3] The total lockdown may be over, but the guards are still on high alert. You are stuck in here a while longer. Try again when the cold convinces the guards to spend more time huddled around fires, and less time standing out in the street looking for escaped prisoners.
Which shouldn't be long. Autumn, you feel, must be coming to an end soon.
Long Live United Forenia!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 06, 2011, 07:39:48 pm »

As Max is stuck in town, he decides to do what his origina purpose was, he takes half the me with him and, at night does a, as stealthy as possible Raid of the temples treasury

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1094 on: November 06, 2011, 07:56:07 pm »

Pine trees! A good omen. The gods must be smiling upon us!, thought Oli'c.

"Ji'sen, Ar'gr, and Me'gh'fa, the pine trees. I believe it is an omen, and the yield shall be great," said Oli'c. "Come! Make haste!"

Explore the pine trees, looking for anything strange.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 220