Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232111 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #885 on: October 30, 2011, 01:26:30 am »

Max Yeskly paces the cell waiting for judgement.. He is begining to hatch a plan... He looks around to see if any of his cell mates are his men
[6] Seeing as your entire regiment has been arrested, pretty much all the cells have your troops in them, including yours. The guards aren't paying much attention either.
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 30, 2011, 02:04:53 am »

Retcyl awoke to the sight of jewels, gold, paintings and several treasures. For a moment, he thought he was in the Living Crypt, but that wasn't likely. More likely he's been kidnapped by the Lord of Crows.

More like Lord of Magpies! Well since he was alive, Retcyl guessed he was now part of the collection, or the Crow was going to use him for bargaining...

At least he still had his family dagger safely secured under his tail.

Look for an exit and open the door. Don't be directly in front of it when opening.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:08:53 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 30, 2011, 02:12:39 am »

See if there is some thing to lever the gates open with or a bone to pick it with
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 30, 2011, 02:24:03 am »

See if there is some thing to lever the gates open with or a bone to pick it with
[5] Light, these are some old dungeons. The locks are huge rusty lumps, with keyholes so big one could practically fit your fingers in. Picking these would be a piece of cake. And with the guards barely present as is, there are plenty of opportunities to do so.

Whether it would be wise to do so is another question.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 30, 2011, 02:29:47 am »

Max Yeskly debates picking the lock... multiple outcomes flash through his head... most end in death... He waits
(honestly I dont know what to do Taricus said have a break so you can escaoe now you dont act like you want me to  ::) )
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 30, 2011, 07:47:00 am »

'Tala' watched the Lord of Crows fly away with her foe Retcyl and could not help but stifle laughter. Bravo! Good show! Couldn't have been better if she had planned it herself. Best to drop that load of garbage in the river, or have him stuffed and put on a pedestal. She honestly hoped to never see him again.

She saw the Queen and her gifts were already being bustled away back into the castle-she didn't look happy. Oh, well it was a very good party, in her opinion. It probably wouldn't do much for her reputation...if she was lucky, the Queens rage wouldn't fall on her. If. She drained a glass of a wine, and then addressed the crowd.

"I am sorry to say, this means the party is over. I do hope you have all enjoyed yourselves tonight. The Queens gift giving ceremony will take place in the morn, if she wishes it."

The guards began shooing people away, and packing up. The Veranda would remain-something nice for the locals, before it was burned down by hoodlums whose eyes could not abide it's beauty, no doubt. The food, what wasn't being taken home by the guests, would be distributed to the poor houses.

She was in a black mood, working on getting a nice buzz going, when she spotted Hugo and walked over with a small frown over her petite features.

"Oh Hugo, that thrice damnned flying thief-he ruined my party...again...I suppose the Queen will have me banished now..."

She snifled, producing a glimmer of tears from her eyes, and drained the rest of her wine and began pouring another goblet.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 30, 2011, 08:13:03 am »

"He stole my patron! First he steals my painting, now he steals my patron! The man is out to get me. And with such an intriguing method as well! Did you see those wings? By the Light- that is beauty- that is art. To fly effortlessly through the skies, free as a bird, mighty as an angel."

Hugo stares off towards the distance into which the Lord disappeared, eyes sparkling, a mesmerised half-smile upon his face.

"I am going to kill him, and have him stuffed and mounted. And keep him in my studio forever..."

Hugo shook his head and appeared to notice Tala for the first time.

"I'm sorry, darling. I- just- the man. The thief? What were you saying? Banished? Oh, yes, terrible... wait, what? Oh no no, she can't banish you, not after a party like this! The crow is a force of nature- the queen would hardly blame you if the party was ruined by rain or wind, now would she? Besides, you can assure her that that man is not long for this world. He is careful, but too showy. I will find him, within the month."

Hugo's normally serene features twisted into a warrior's grin; a look which does not befit him.

"And when I find him, he will no longer be a problem, to anyone. Except perhaps a taxidermist."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 30, 2011, 08:17:02 am »

What is this? Nikephoros watched speechless as he saw the crazy stunt. He wasn't a big fan of the lizard-people, but someone busting a royal party in this outlandish fashion seemed more than enough to ruin the mood for the general.

"Guards, to me! I want soldiers on every street and a full sweep of every city quarter. Find me that flying moron and the lizard ambassador!"

He then turned to queen.
"My queen, I will make sure that this flying idiot will be brought to you and dealt with as you see fit. I wil also attempt to find our scaled guest."

Deploy soldiers and begun city-wide search.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 30, 2011, 08:44:59 am »

'Tala' nodded glumly.

"I believe if anyone is a match for the Lord of Crows, it is you, Hugo.

Any resources I can provide are at your disposal, of course. I want him strung up as well. Not by his neck.

Also, I'm not sure if this Crow is malicious or merely mischevious, but I am sure I don't have have to tell you to be careful hunting him. Thieves backed into corners can be very dangerous."

She knew that by experience. The mark, the lift, the escape-it was a rush. You didn't really mind what you were stealing...she remembered in her best days, she didn't even need the things she stole. It was just because they were there.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 30, 2011, 09:12:35 am »

Kathos smiled as Retcyl was kidnapped. Finally some good news! And while everyone started to react and go away or run after the thief, he was preparing a plan. It was quite amusing. Eventually, he decided to leave the party and meet with Adrian, who was waiting outside. He told him what was happening, and smiled again.

"I have a question for you, Adrian... If you were a thief, where would you hide?"

"In the poor quarters, sir."

"Of course... A place full of places to hide and where the guards have little power... Now, if you were the best thief in the city - and the richest - would you hide exactly where the guards will look for you?"

"No, sir."

"Indeed... I think we'll go after that 'Lord of Crows', Adrian... And I know where I will be looking for him. Give me my sword, we might need it."

Go in the richest quarter of the city. Ask if anyone has seen a thief flying in the sky while carrying a lizard-man.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 30, 2011, 09:42:25 am »

"No fear, milady. I know well the dangers of a cornered thief- in my youth, you know. Hard times on the streets. Now, if you will excuse me."

Hugo marches off, to find William.

"Well, after that, I think we can start the hunt at once. A little bird tells me that people who fly do not expect to be followed. And with luck, a little bird should soon be telling me where those who do not expect to be followed roost. Get your things, meet me by the embassy. Best hurry, because from the looks of things, we are not the only ones looking to find him. And frankly, I want to find him first."

Earlier, as the Crow just swooped by:
Hugo stared in wonder and disbelief. A brief moment of clarity is long enough for him to whistle for Kraai, gesture at the disappearing man, and command 'follow'. The raven cocks his head curiously, but after a second gesturing, and a second 'follow!', seems to get the message, and flaps off after the vanishing figure.

Kraai tries to be intelligent enough to follow the Lord of Crows to his lair, remember the location, and be able to guide Hugo to it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:47:42 am by NUKE9.13 »

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 30, 2011, 10:12:07 am »

Within a few minutes, the situation had taken a really bad turn for Ligoria's diplomatic future, thus pissing Avitus a lot.
He turned to the general who was already giving orders, and took him apart:
"You might want to send a few men down to the port to lock it down, and make sure the Hacturi cannot send word of this incident to their homeland before we have retrieved their leader, Hactur could crush us in the eventuality of a misunderstanding of the situation... "
He then left the site, heading to the Library as fast as he could. He had some research to do.

Search through the royal Library - or what's left of it - for any records of ancient noble families associated with crows (by name, or coat of arms, or symbols), and high-profile thefts in the last decades.

Meanwhile, in Vale:

Henry arrived in sight of the castle, and headed towards the doors.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:14:48 am by leone313 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 30, 2011, 10:28:16 am »

The dread silence is broken by something very unusual: The queen's laughter. She called the troops off afer Nikepheros started to assign them to the search.

"Don't worry about it, Bugger deserves some breathing space after what he just did. Stealing some of my gift is what I expected, not one of the guests!"

Of course, Avitus' suggestion made a fair bit of sense.

"Okay, we'll lock down the port for a couple of days. Gives us time to find the bugger, or at least which stash he put the Hatcuri in"

She the turned to Tala:

"I'd like to see you in the throne room, tomorrow.

Go in the richest quarter of the city. Ask if anyone has seen a thief flying in the sky while carrying a lizard-man.
[5]
Not only did they see the crow fly, they saw him land here too, though where he went is a different matter.

Kraai tries to be intelligent enough to follow the Lord of Crows to his lair, remember the location, and be able to guide Hugo to it.
[6] Kraai manages to do the first two, though it can't do the third due to being caught by the crow. He knows you're after him, and thus will be harder to track in the future.

Look for an exit and open the door. Don't be directly in front of it when opening.
You find only the one door, that you can't open (Due to it being locked).
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 30, 2011, 10:32:15 am »

Search through the royal Library - or what's left of it - for any records of ancient noble families associated with crows (by name, or coat of arms, or symbols), and high-profile thefts in the last decades.
[4] You can't find any traces of an crow house in the royal records. However, you find that the crow has been active for the last five years, stealing whatever generally he fancies, or what the previous owners have said was unstealable.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 30, 2011, 10:35:27 am »

So far, Kathos had been right. The crow was near. However, he could not search every house around the place by himself.

"Adrian... Find the general who's leading the guards - Nikephoros is his name... Tell him citizens saw the crow land near this place. Come back soon. I'll go looking for him on my own."

Send Adrian to the general. Go to the place where the crow landed and look for hints.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 220