Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232103 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #870 on: October 29, 2011, 05:08:50 pm »

((Nice Play Dwarmin![/non sarcasm]))

"Which person are you speaking of, Poppet? I spoke with a few people at the party...Perhaps if you gave me more...I could tell you more."
William's voice radiated dumb innocence as he reached out and tried to pet the crow.

William is cold and icy as he watches the play,but he pretends to smile throughout it. He looks moderately annoyed at the end of it, but there is no complaints as he follows whatever the crowd is doing.

"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

leone313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: October 29, 2011, 05:46:53 pm »

Avitus really enjoyed the play, though he didn't find the satire pushed far enough, and didn't refrain his applause at the end. This piece of humor was a welcome distraction in this overall boring party: his neighbors being two merchants, the conversation wasn't to his taste.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 29, 2011, 05:53:21 pm »

During the play, Kathos did not show any emotion until the Blue Knight's death. At that point, he looked mildly displeased, but at the end he was more curious than angry. Lost in his thoughts, he did not talk much while he was eating. Eventually, he offered his gift to the Queen - a dagger made of steel, decorated with silver and three sapphires. It was a real masterwork and a dangerous weapon. It was inside a little chest, since the Queen was probably too paranoid to have Kathos give it to her directly.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 29, 2011, 06:09:02 pm »

Kraai snaps at William's hand and hops away.

"Beautiful bird, isn't it? And very intelligent. Can't stand liars, though."

"You know who I mean. He is a rather elusive figure, and I only caught a brief glimpse of his face. I could really use a better description if I want to find him."

The play amused Hugo greatly. The idea of hosting such a vulgar and lively play- usually the domain of the common folk- at the Queen's birthday; marvellous in its ridiculousness. And didn't these lords and ladies just eat it down with as much enjoyment as an audience of dirt-encrusted peasants?
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 29, 2011, 08:10:56 pm »

"Kannski hann gerđi ekki eins og margir ég sendi leiđar sinnar, ha?"
William muttered. Then he looked Hugo in the eye, there wasn’t a smile or even a trace of one anymore. His voice was on the border of laughter however.
"Why would I help to get the apparently best thief in Ligoria, for those Lizards. Huh, Pop-pet? What's in it for me?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 29, 2011, 08:18:19 pm »

Nikephoros enjoyed the play as it moved along, and while seeing and understanding the political satire, he didn't really concentrate on it as much as he watched it simply for the story played out.
He quietly chuckled to himself as he heard the confessions at the end: sometimes the playwriters went out of their way to make things looks so unlike real life. The descriptions of love and complex emotions bored him and were ridicouls to him. Professional soldiers operated with a very simple worldview, and Nikephoros was no exeption.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 29, 2011, 09:17:51 pm »

"You tell me, William. What is in it for you? I'm sure you can think of something"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 29, 2011, 09:31:53 pm »

The Actor-who was going to play the part of the White Rider later-was getting desperate for her attention. 'Tala' was getting bored.

"As you surely must know, I am not so much a fortress to be conquered as a puzzle to be deciphered...oh Dear-perhaps you should get in costume? I believe you are on stage soon."

She watched with amusement as the Actor slumped away-an oddly childish gesture. Behind here, she heard the tone between Will and Hugo turn a bit sour. She lingered for a moment, waiting for the moment to interrupt their spat.

-------------
Later...

For Tala's part, she was happy with how the play went. She had hoped they might all find a bit of relief in the over dramatic mockery of court intrigue...

She had noticed how the other nobles reacted. With the exception of Hugo, most of them seemed to be stolid as statues, clearly enjoying nothing. Well, that was to be expected. Gods, the nobility here was so dull! She was almost missing the Dragon Empire. At least there they enjoyed themselves between stabbing and poisoning each other. in a country where it was mere decorum to send a bouquet of flowers to the person you intended to have killed, how could you not have fun?

Later, in an effort to one up herself, she organized her own present for the Queen with the rest. Knowing everyone would inevitably give her Majesty the usual array of fancy weapons and armor, 'Tala' had sprang for something different-a mated pair of Giant White Tigers. They would be wheeled in their cage and presented to the Queen after all her mundane gifts-with a compliment of animal handlers and guards of course. In truth, she didn't like the caging of wild beasts, and had already begun construction on a sizable living habitat for them near the arena. Not that she would let anyone know she had a soft spot for them.

These sorts of beasts didn't live in Ligoria, so it was sure to be a hit with the Queen, who was pretty much a beast herself. Right?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 29, 2011, 09:45:19 pm »

Retcyl hadn't watched a play in years;always too busy recording all the figures, all the goods passing through the Emperor's estate. The play was interesting; it reminded Retcyl about Laythe's slaughter of her family, the rest perhaps could be metaphorical for some plot Tala devised...Or it might just be part of the play. Regardless, Retcyl got his scribe to record every word and action spoken, as well as the setting. For entertainment of course...

As the play neared it's end, he saw William and Hugo speaking once again. Retcyl had a suspicion that the two were involved in a way...While Retcyl didn't care about these things so much, the information slippage could cost him everything. Or get him everything, all depended on what Hugo was doing.

Retcyl raised his glass and toasted the Lady Tala and her actors for a play well done, and also the Queen.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 29, 2011, 09:55:12 pm »

William leaned in and whispered in Hugo's ear.
"I want to go with you when you start chasing this "Prince". And I'll help you find him, and if need be- since, no offense, you don't seem to be much of a fighter- help you subdue him. In return, I'll give you the name of a contact who apparently knows that idiot. Deal, Pop-pet?"
He leaned back and took a sip of wine. His fifth glass tonight.

Later...
A package was thrown to a servant boy quite violently by William, who in turn received it from a flustered Harold. Inside the linen wrapping was a thick grey cape of Eelspine mountain wolf fur. It, like most things coming from Lonemine, was studded with a few spikes of iron. It had a single Wolf's tooth clasp and the fur was in pristine condition.
Most of his officers had one like it, they didn't wear it of course, because the weather was better here by a lot then the mountains and valleys of the Eelspine range.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 09:57:28 pm by filiusenox »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 29, 2011, 10:03:26 pm »

Max Yeskly paces the cell waiting for judgement.. He is begining to hatch a plan... He looks around to see if any of his cell mates are his men
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 29, 2011, 10:29:04 pm »

Oh, foolish nobleman. You assume because a man does not carry a sword, he doesn't know how to fight? Hugo grew up on the streets. His father was a soldier. He knew how to fight, no problem. Ah, but no reason to deny this allegation.

"Ah, yes, that is... acceptable. A direct contact would, I suppose, be better still than a description. And I see no reason not to let you join me in my search. Though hopefully it won't come down to violence."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 29, 2011, 10:36:59 pm »

"When will you start?"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 29, 2011, 11:26:18 pm »

"Soon as I know where to look. Or as soon as you are ready, I suppose."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 30, 2011, 12:44:54 am »

Of course, unbeknownst to the the two, the crow was already there, and he already had his mark.

[5] In one fell swoop, Rectyl finds himself in the air, kidnapped by the master of crows! Quite a few of the party goers are absolutly shocked at this, and Laythe is spechless at this development. The guards refrain from firing due to rectyl being carried.

[5] Though in mid-air, the master of crows sees one problem with his prize, it is still concious, and thus able to track him. With a swift movement of his left hand he puts Rectyl to sleep.

A few hours later Rectyl wakes up in a room [5] full of quite a few valuable goods, including the painting that the crow stole last tim he visited the palace.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 220