Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 232145 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Autumn 415a)
« Reply #720 on: October 22, 2011, 10:41:42 am »

"Someone told the priests about the skeleton before they got here, unless swords and hammers are common Priestley tools. Which I doubt. My men got hurt. Which I really don't like."

"But listen up. I'm in charge here now. So get people to go and lock up the gates, or I'll kill every last one of you. I'm coming with you when you order it, just to make sure everything is shiny. If you say a single word out of line, I'll make sure you die last. And that isn't a good thing with me around...Do we have an understanding?"

If he says no, kill him, if he starts yelling "Guards, Guards." Slit his throat.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 22, 2011, 11:44:53 am »

((You're scary. Incidentally, no, no one tipped off the priests. They took their hammers and swords because they have been waiting for centuries to look around in the dungeon for the skeleton, and gearing up to fight/destroy it, and anyone who tried to protect it.))

[1] "Oh god what! Guards, guards!"

You slit his throat with ease, and he dies quickly. As his body slides down the wall you hear the castle guards approaching.

[6] You have plenty of time to react before the guards arrive. You could bar the door before they arrive, run off down a passage, or hide in an alcove. Or just stand around spouting one-liners.
Long Live United Forenia!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 22, 2011, 01:08:01 pm »

Max Yeskly smile. He tells his men to put on there original uniforms. He vists the Archbishop. "Sir, I am taking my men to pursue the bastarts to Ligoria"Beign marching to Liagoria
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 22, 2011, 02:04:39 pm »

This lady was quite hopeless for most of the things the lord needed to do. However, there might be a few things Kathos could do. For example, he needed to rise in the queen's esteem. She might be able to help him do that.

"Your family history is quite interesting, milady. I can see you are extremely good in your business... Buying lands is getting harder, these days... And that brings me to another point. I did not only visit the lands near mine because I wanted to know my neighbors, milady. I came here to buy some lands. I did not want to talk to you about it so soon, but... I can see you are a truly smart woman. Most nobles try to keep lands because of tradition and these kind of things, but you understand their importance in the economy."

Ego stroking. A good weapon against that kind of noble.

"I would like to buy your lands. My offer is simple: I will offer two ducats for your lands and let you keep this year's income. That way, you should have enough money to buy other lands with a similar value. You will not have to join Ligoria and loose your independance, of course."

Alright. Now some bluff.

"If I might add... If you do not accept my offer, the Queen will probably try to make a deal with you soon. Knowing her, it will probably be the same offer, except that you will probably have less money and you will be offered to join the Kingdom. If you do not accept, she will probably take your lands by force, just like she chose to take the throne by force."

Offer to buy the lady's lands

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 22, 2011, 02:08:44 pm »

"Ah, my queen, I come once again."

Retcyl bowed as he said that and then continued.

"I'm sorry for this intrusion but I need your permission in opening a charity. I need a permit. I've been told only the monarch can provide such a thing, so I come here. Perhaps in the future I'll send a letter instead."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 22, 2011, 02:21:11 pm »

Godsdamnit...just what I needed...more blood on my clothes. This armor is going to take forever to get clean again. Uh-huh.

"Stupid bastard. Why does everyone do that? Hold a knife to man's neck, he'll still scream like an idiot, what? Don't they think that the man won't actually kill them if they scream? Bloody stupid morons." William muttered under his breathe.

William looks around the table for any high-proof alcohol, if he finds any, he takes a rag and put it into the bottle. But not before taking a few sips, of course, then he'll grab a torch or candle and prepare to light the Molotov.Then see below.
If he doesn't find any William will make himself relax and wait patiently for the guards. And attempt to talk with them, if they just randomly charge the bloodstained man with enough weaponry and armor to kill fifty of them and he has a molotov, he'll throw it at them, if he doesn't have a molotov, he'll still retreat into a small doorway and bottleneck them, killing them one by one.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 02:26:21 pm by filiusenox »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 22, 2011, 03:05:50 pm »

Laythe though for a couple of minutes.

"So, tell me why you want to start a charity, and I'll give you a detailed answer.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 22, 2011, 04:17:27 pm »

"Well the short answer is that I'm tired of seeing the beggars outside of the Embassy."

"The long answer is that in my home city, it was common for those with even a speck of wealth and power to donate something to the less fortunate in life...It was considered rude not to."

Well, that was the truth. Mostly.

"Here however, I don't see that particular custom. No alms, no real poorhouses, and no real groups dedicated to helping the poor. I intend to bring the custom here. Well that, and my men aren't very fond of being beaten up every they enter an inn or go to the markets. This way the people will see us hatcuri in a better light, and my queen as well if she allows us."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 22, 2011, 04:18:40 pm »

Make a molotov
[4] You succeed.
attempt to talk with them
[6] No talking is required. The mere sight of your bloodstained, crazy eyed, heavily armed, molotov-holding figure, standing over the dead body of the unfortunate lackey, is enough to make these inexperienced country guards reconsider their decision to attack. Or occupy the same room. Or have clean trousers.

The guards run off screaming 'Demon, demon!'

Max Yeskly smile. He tells his men to put on there original uniforms. He vists the Archbishop. "Sir, I am taking my men to pursue the bastarts to Ligoria"Beign marching to Liagoria
[5] You manage to hitch a ride on a fleet of coastal barges that are headed up the coast. Flashing your papers at the man in charge quickly grants you access to the ships, and your men enjoy a few days of relaxing travel. The winds are strong, but you travel during a gap in the storms and they merely aid you on your way. The captain drops you off at Mileth, from where it is a short march to Ligoria.
You and your forces soon arrive at the gates of Talama. ((Where I hand you over to Taricus.))

Offer to buy the lady's lands
((...4 ducats for one parcel of land. That's a terrible offer.))
Bluff: [5-1=4] "Oh? Well, I do detest fighting. I doubt Laythe could get away with it, but she might try it anyway. That does lower the property value a little"

Offer: [6-2-1+1=4] "Its less than I payed for it, not enough to buy new lands, and frankly an insulting offer. But you're such a charming man, and if Laythe is really getting violent outside of her own court then I guess I shouldn't hang around much longer. Okay, I accept your offer. Have the two ducats and this year's taxes deposited in the Eudocia account in the Sholan Bank. I'm thinking of going down south, I hear there was a bad famine down there, could be a few bargains to be had."

"Oh, and if you don't pay up, I will hunt you down. I love hunting, but didn't I mention? I couldn't hurt a fluffy little animal. I hunt people!"

With that, she leaves you. A bureaucrat does the paperwork for you, and you are offered a room for the night. In the morning, the Lady is gone, and her servants are busy packing up her belongings from the castle. Soon it as if she was never here.

You have acquired: One (1) parcel of land.

[3] Something is happening.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 22, 2011, 04:30:50 pm »

Kathos was glad things went well. The lady didn't tell him when to pay, but he told the servants he was going to give the 4 ducats at the beginning of the new year. Best not forget. She looked serious. He eventually received a letter from the Queen, who was doing just as he predicted. In the morning, he sent a letter to his personnal guard, telling them to come in this parcel and guard it while he was going to be away. And then, he left to go to Talama. He had a few things to talk about with Laythe.

Go to Talama, ask for an audience with the Queen.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 22, 2011, 04:48:32 pm »

At the city gates:

"Oi! You lot aren't coming in here! Not with those weapons and such!"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 22, 2011, 07:25:00 pm »

William was poised to fight. And looked surprised when the Guards ran off.
"Come on!" he followed the guards and headed towards the gatehouse. Looking for some innocent bystander, or not so innocent bystander along the way to terrorize, or a guardhouse to throw the Molotov into.

Stupid frigging guards...

Seal the gates.

((How many days until William's men arrive?))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 07:31:15 pm by filiusenox »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 22, 2011, 08:44:27 pm »

Seal the gates.
[2] It occurs to a few of the guards that they must either stand and fight at some point, or let this demon take over the castle on his own. They muster up and make their stand by the gates.

[6] Happily, they are all clustered together, in the perfect position for a molotoving. A well aimed throw covers them all in burning alcohol. Some flee, others stand and are cut down whilst trying to beat out the flames.

[6] You hit the lever holding back the portcullis, and the lever holding back the gates. You take a moment to admire the convenient and hyper-modern system of counterweights that allows one man to close the gates in an instant. Now all that's left is to mop up survivors, and wait for John to arrive.

You can get away with this sort of thing, right?

[4] Apparently you can. The Baron's remaining forces lay 'siege', along with some of the townsfolk and priests (1 standard regiment), but they make no move towards actually assaulting the castle. The week passes without incident. Jan and Thom are still injured, but capable of hobbling around on their own. There is plenty of food stored in the castle; enough to last a full garrison for months. Three men don't make a dent in it.

Eventually John arrives in town with the regiment. As per your orders they have disguised themselves as workmen, and, seeing the castle under 'siege', think it better to avoid rushing in. You cannot communicate, and you don't know that John is outside, so control of the Regiment is from John's perspective.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 22, 2011, 08:58:57 pm »

John sends a messenger to see what is happening, while staying out of sight.

"So, Uh...whats happening here?" a particularly scrappy looking workman with a blanket bundle on his back asks a sentry.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 09:02:34 pm by filiusenox »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: October 22, 2011, 09:09:00 pm »

"So, Uh...whats happening here?" a particlurly scrappy looking workman with a blanket bundle on his back asks a sentry.
[5] "We're not supposed to talk about it with outsiders... but basically, there's a... demon in the castle. It killed everyone, and has closed the gates. So we are besieging the castle. We'll starve out that demon, and take the castle back. There's just one of him, and there's a hundred of us. He's trapped. We can just sit back and make sure he doesn't try to escape. There's not much to it, really. I always thought sieges would be more interesting than this."
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 220