Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231743 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #210 on: October 02, 2011, 05:27:17 pm »

"...He's afraid of apples now?"

"Yes ambassador, the woman was very creative in its use."

'Interesting...but it is not what I'm concerned about. We need to find out if there are any problems in the estate in general. Bandits, plague, famine, injustice, corruption, those kind of issues. Not this...tale, Karafs."

"Yes, I've sent some men to talk to the people, all though I truly doubt we'll get much out of them, it's even less likely that the countrymen will be any less hostile than their city-going counterparts."

"Good, good, but now we must wait. You are dismissed Karafs."

"As you wish."

Send men to talk with the countrymen. Ask for any problems or issues.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 02, 2011, 05:46:53 pm »

Spoiler: Micelus (click to show/hide)

((TIME WARPAGE FTW.))
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 02, 2011, 05:51:26 pm »

((I didn't even know William was here. I thought he was still in the city...This ruins my plans ever so slightly.))

"Lord William is here?"

"Yes ambassador."

"Well I guess I should have guessed from the Crimson Guard being here...Yes I should meet with him. Scribe, tell Karafs he's commander till I make it back."

Retcyl got up from and left his tent. With a small guard (just 2 in case of hostility from peasants and soldiers) he travelled to William's tent.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:04:09 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 02, 2011, 05:56:10 pm »

As long as my men may lodge within the royal barracks and tend to basic supplies for the time being, I will be happy to await your orders without pay, for now, Your Majesty.

I did not expect anything to happen immidately either My Queen. I know all too well that these affairs are costly, and require in-depth preparation. But I assume that you such trivialties are already past knowledge to you.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 02, 2011, 06:02:16 pm »

"Very well then, I'll have another of the barracks prepared for your troops arrival. And payment should be delivered within the next season at the very least. You are excused to leave now."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 02, 2011, 06:13:26 pm »

Kathos was going to return to his lands. He could have done a few things in the capital, but he was a little bit late, and he wanted to be in his lands before the beginning of summer. He decided to leave the inn late in the season, after much time spent watching the flow of the prices and the ressources coming from the port. Overall, he was quite confident his wine would sell well.

Go to the Thunderblades lands

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 02, 2011, 06:15:41 pm »

The tent is large and well lit. William is sitting on a chaise lounge and has a wet bandanna over his eyes and no shirt on a blond girl is ushered out of the room by a female guard who looks bored and then leaves.
"Nice to see you again. Do you still want me as an ally?"

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 02, 2011, 06:17:52 pm »

"I suppose you would remake my body in your own ideal-the ultimate power of the artist over the world. Perhaps give me fang, horns and a cape, if I displeased you somehow-or render my face into abstract squares, for satirical effect?"
"Why should you fear such reprisals, milady? Would you take me for anything less than a man of honour, with no motive beyond depicting a woman of great beauty?"

"Regardless, if I were to paint you, it would be your decision how I portrayed you. If a plain portrait would be too boring, I could set your radiant face on some figure of mythology, or I could paint you as a soldier- sure to be popular with the queen. Or anything else, really. I can't imagine how one could get bored of paintings... the play of light, the subtle variation in colour, the fold of the cloth and the shine of the eyes- even the plainest portrait has a thousand variables."

Hugo stares into the air for a moment, shakes his head and turns back to Tala. He briefly considers trying to learn more about her, but decides he isn't really that interested. Besides, if she decides to get a portrait painted, there would be time to study her as she models.

"Anyway, milady. If you wish to buy some paintings, I can recommend a few, and if you want me to paint your portrait, we can plan modelling sessions, but we cannot talk forever. The brush may work for love of art alone, but the body does not, and I am unfortunately reduced to selling artwork to merchants to fund more ambitious projects, and I have many paintings to paint and not much time to paint in; I must return to my work."

"Ah, Hugo I've just came by to say that I and Kawakai will be leaving soon...Well that and to ask you a few questions. I've heard that you've had a few vistors lately...Normally I wouldn't care about your personal life, but from what I've heard these people have included a Mirish fellow, who I presume to be our friend William, and a woman noble. What business have they with you? If it's a personal matter then no need to tell me..."
"Ah, of course. The tour of the lands. Fair travels to you. As for my visitors, well, William is a... friend of mine, though he left town a few days ago, and the noblewoman... she wants to start an art gallery. I presume she seeks prestige in the eyes of her fellow nobles. An odd character, that. I couldn't say what's odd about her, but she is certainly someone to watch. I'll be sure to inform you if anything interesting happens."

Try to get an audience with the Knight Commander, try to get hired. After that stroll around the city and check rumours for any opposition against Ligoria...
[6]It emerges that Galam is currently mustering a huge strikeforce, to march north and crush a 'barbarian army' that has been making incursions into Galam's lands. The Knight Commander is too busy planning the campaign to speak with anyone, but upon explaining that you command armed forces you are immediately offered a job. [1] Unfortunately, the city's treasury is all but depleted from preparing for this war, so the pay is pitiful; falling just short of enough to pay your troops wages and keep them fed. If you join their army, you would be loosing money on upkeep. (I'm not sure what units you control, but lets call your potential wages your yearly upkeep - 0.1d*amount of units). Of course, there might be some money to be made from looting, and allies to be won in the courts of Galam.

[2]You search for rumours of opposition against Ligoria, but to no avail. Galam itself has no quarrel with them, nor can you find any exiled noblemen who might have some vendetta against the queen. It seems the only one in this town who truly has a problem with Ligoria is you.

Train my troops, and ask them about the surround area in detail.
[6-1]Despite your small numbers and lack of anywhere to train, you somehow manage to get the peasant rabble to turn into something resembling soldiers. That's their inexperience dealt with; now all you need is to find them weapons, food, and pay.
[1]The peasants know next to nothing about the land, having spent their entire lives in tiny villages tending to crops.

Search Moun for people willing to join my merc regiment
[4]Scouring the local taverns you manage to round up enough men for a unit. As former soldiers and freelance mercenaries, they demand a higher up-front pay than the average peasant: it will cost you 1.5d to recruit these men rather than 1d.
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 02, 2011, 06:25:22 pm »

"Well, yes...I do think an alliance is needed. Other groups are appearing to influence the Queen...Such as this noblewoman I saw. She's even more dangerous as she happen's to be a women...I don't know much else on her but that fact alone is dangerous."

Before with Hugo...

"Good, good. Always remember this saying: the kitten is but the tiger's face. Keep your wits about you Hugo, you'll need them...And remember to not drink too much...Being drunk can get you dead...Farewell for now, artist."
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 02, 2011, 06:26:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 02, 2011, 06:30:05 pm »

((Yeah, you can't recruit converts twice in one season, at least not with your small organisation. Don't worry, summer is almost here, and then you can try again. In the mean time, maybe expand on what the flaming fudge your cult is all about?))
Long Live United Forenia!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 02, 2011, 06:47:34 pm »

'Tala' nodded serenely enough. That was as firm and polite a rebuffing as she had ever gotten-really masterful. It was time to leave.

"I meant no offense-It was never the art that bored me-Only the artists."

She sighs wistfully and rehooks her hands in front of her.

"But, Indeed, I do not wish to take too much of your time. Reccommend what you will to me-and I will choose what to take. As for the portrait-why not? It's a good test as any. I'm eager to see what you can do with me.

Set aside your next session for me to model, sir. I have no doubt it will be marvelous."

'Tala' smiles again, a bit weary this time.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 02, 2011, 07:30:35 pm »

William rises, throws the bandanna into a pot of water, and then looks around for a shirt. His chest had quite a few scars from his years of soldiering and is fit and trim.
"Shes probably a spy, a diplomat,a leech, or a gold digger...
Would you like me to find out about her? I'm rather bored sitting around here...And if she is indeed looking to influence our good queen, then she will want allies."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 02, 2011, 07:33:44 pm »

"If you wish...I myself have other business to attend to. Is there anything else to discuss?"
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 02, 2011, 07:39:35 pm »

"Oh  yes...Why are you snooping around my lands and asking questions about how I treat my- heh -people? And why did you bring your regiment with you?"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 220