Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231806 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #180 on: October 01, 2011, 09:56:19 pm »

The camp was busy with activity. soldiers and retainers were packing the camp equipment and making ready to move. It had been months since the men had last traveled, Retcyl was worried that they would be slower than usual, but his captain said that they had been drilling everyday, but even so. The innkeeper had gone to stay with a friend while resources were collected, that was one problem that Retcyl had been able to solve easily. Only thing to do now was get Kawakai and alert Hugo to his departure. He had heard that he's been recieving a large amount of guests lately...It would be good to talk to him and see what information he has been gathering...

He looked through the camp; The scribe Baroktycl  had been writing a few poems lately, from what he could tell, they were of love and starry nights...Who could he have found? Probably one of Retcyl's cooks or administrators.His captain of the guard, Karafs, had spent much of the day packing camp and making sure his men didn't get in trouble with the locals. A difficult task considering their hostility. Perhaps he should send a letter to Hatcur? Problem with that was that there was no way to send it...

Go see Hugo after everyone else has finished their business with him.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 02, 2011, 03:06:43 am »

Search Moun for people willing to join my merc regiment
Max Yeskly surveys the area and feeling the weight of gold in his pocket smiles. His father said he couldnt doit. He said he could nevver make it on his own. HE proved him wrong. He looked to the men and saw that he could use more. he headed off to near by taverns to recruit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:13:24 am by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 02, 2011, 03:06:43 am »

In the throne room.
"I see. Well, I would take you up on your offer. However, I know that nothing comes without a price, So, what did you want from me?"

By the emperors flaming testicles thought Kawakai as she looked up and said the first thing that came to mind "Maybe tax breaks? I don't mind really... actually how about when ever I assist you you might pay me, didn't really think as far ahead as demands."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:18:37 am by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 02, 2011, 04:09:51 am »

'Wait, you killed someone? Light, now I'm in a shitload of trouble.' Etiac blurted out. He hadn't seen the sailors when they left. He though they'd just fled, but had their bodies just been carried away? Nobody had seemed too worried about that, though, so maybe this soldier was just trying to scare him.

He paused, looking down at the blade he could feel breaking his skin. The soldier looked like the sort of man who could kill a man just like that, without even a flicker of hesitation. Was he angry because Etiac had interrupted him with his lover?

'Hey, I'm no thief. We had agreed on payment, and then they wouldn't pay. I just took what was promised to me. And a little extra, I guess...' he trailed off, realizing this man probably didn't care.

'There's no reason for you to kill me, sir. I'm looking for employment, in fact. Why don't we head inside and discuss what I could do for you over a few beers?' he said, trying the endearing smile again.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2011, 04:33:44 am »

"I guess you're in the same boat as Rectyl. I can give you an official sanction, but not much else. What money the treasury had left went towards getting the army up to scratch."

Laythe thought for a moment.

"Of course, if you were willing to train some engineers out of the population, I could give you something more..."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 02, 2011, 06:29:51 am »

With the queen
"Of course, anything to help" replied Kawakai and after a moments thought "I'll have to start at a later date as I first need to travel north with Rectyl but I'm sure I can help, what exactly did you mean by 'something more'?"

At the bank
The banker remained silent for a full minute after Kawakai had finished her pitch, she continued to look at him impatiently waiting for a response.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 02, 2011, 07:19:02 am »

Throne room:

"At this point in time I shall not tell you. Rest assured that you'll like it though. If that is all, you may leave now."

Bank:
"What I'm curious about is the nature of the 'Other jobs' you say the embassy will be doing. We don't give out loans on vague descriptions..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 02, 2011, 07:23:54 am »

"You here to order, model, or pick up, darling?"

'Tala' doesn't say anything at first-she merely walks into the studio and begins studying the art-and the man. As is her way, she barely makes a sound-not a cough, not a footfall-and investigates in silence. She waits to see how the artist will react-his first impression of her would be illuminating.

One of the paintings catches her eye. She finds herself studying this one intensely.

'Dim Sunrise'

A Dark Sun rises over an impermanent landscape...she liked this one, but she did not visibly show it, yet. 
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 02, 2011, 07:46:13 am »

Nikephoros sipped his wine slowly, mulling over his options. He sat alone at the tavern table, as it was in his custom.
If the queen is willing to see him, then his career may see an interesting turn, and she won't be lost to the endless stream of sycophants and vultures.
It may be  the case tough that he may have to join them if he gets hired by them. And he was in no position to refuse, since his regiment has been scraping the bottom of the barrel already.

It was either her or "them".

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 02, 2011, 08:09:54 am »

"Speechless in my presence, hmm? Don't worry, plenty of people get that."
Hugo looks over her shoulder at the Dim Sunrise
"Oh, sorry about that. I thought I'd got rid of it already. Piece of crap. Word of advice, darling; never try to paint the sun with a splitting hangover."

TIME SHENANIGANS
Go see Hugo after everyone else has finished their business with him.
You meet with Hugo in his room over the bar, where he is hard at work painting. He nods as you come in, but continues to paint.
"Retcyl, my friend. You'll have to forgive me, I'm a little busy. Orders to fill, painting to paint. What was it you wanted?"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 08:28:05 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 02, 2011, 08:10:49 am »

With the queen
Kawakai bowed curtly and left the castle quickly that went better than expected she thought

At the bank
"I wouldn't want to reveal to much information so as to absolve yourself of guilt, but if somebody wants certain confidential information or would really appreciate somebody conveniently dying we're available" the words pained Kawakai to say but she knew such a course of action would be inevitable anyway "In the hactur lands I frequently took on this kind of work in addition to my studies of mechanics and I've also negotiated a work contract with the queen very recently. The terms and details of this contract however are of course confidential." Partially true Kawakai supposed.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 02, 2011, 08:46:20 am »

At the state bank meeting:

"In that case we will have to reject your application for a loan. By law we are not allowed to fund or in any way assist in the creation of agencies that promote the use of espionage and assassination to private individuals and by extention the general public.

Now, was there anything else you wanted madam, or was that all?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 02, 2011, 09:00:00 am »

'Tala' nodded. Not turning yet. Well, he was charming.

"It's more my style to observe. I needed to see how you would react.

In you, I sense a good natured display of humor, balanced by humility...which is as best as I could hope for, in an artist I hope to snare into my employ. I've heard things about-not all of was very flattering, but if everyone is talking about you, then you must be good.

My name is Tala Alanis-I have all sorts of titles, but I don't care to rattle them out in our informal company."

She turned around, hooking her hands in a loose net in front of her and cocking her head to a slight left angle. She waited to see if his gaze followed her green eyes.

"I'm thinking of opening an art gallery. The question is, are you for sale? I'd very much like to possess you."

Careful words, she spoke them softly, and with a hint of arrogance-perhaps even the barest hint of lust, though obviously and deliberately misplaced-and then she observed how he reacted. 'Tala' knew his past-son of a whore, of a mercenary. Not entirely different from her own, actually.

For, just like how the Artist had only an eye for lines, shapes and colors-and the imagination to bring them to life on canvas, The Spy had an eye for how a person would affect her mission-how to utilize them to further her designs, or dispose of them safely if it came to that.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 02, 2011, 09:21:33 am »

Harumph, "Hmm... well I'll probably have to scrap the plans for that business although you may be interested to know there's plans in the works for an identical hacturi embassy to be built in the same location and with the same business model as the plans which were just scrapped, except special contracts cover legitimate diplomacy, training and support the crown in any way it can abiding the law. I'd like to request a 3 ducat investment to be repaid two years from now in return for a %25 tax rate on my partition of the business. Do we have a deal? Or shall I walk out those doors and deny you a financial opportunity?"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:26:05 am by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 02, 2011, 09:25:56 am »

At the bank:

"We cannot extend the loan beyond one year. Other than that I find that agreeable."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 220