Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 220

Author Topic: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast (Winter 416a)  (Read 231782 times)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Are King II: Tales of the Storm Coast
« Reply #195 on: October 02, 2011, 09:34:37 am »

At the bank:
"We cannot extend the loan beyond one year. Other than that I find that agreeable."

"Well then we have a deal" Kawakai stood up and shook the banker's hand, as she left with and additional 3 ducats in her satchel she felt very impressed with herself indeed and smiled broadly, time to find Rectyl.

Find Rectyl, tell him about the apheni's and the loan but not the meeting with the queen, then leave with him and follow his orders.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:06:06 am by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 02, 2011, 10:43:01 am »

Ooh, well done there, sweetheart. Heard of me, have you? Prefer to observe, do you? Well, aren't you the little knowledge-hoarder. Hugo can't be having with your sort. That's his shtick already. Oh, and trying to flirt with him? Hugo knew his flirting, and this wasn't real. Just another knowledge-gathering exercise, no doubt. Well, he would play along. See where this was going.

Hugo puts on his most charming smile, most sparkling eyes, and runs a hand through his hair. His eyes perform a (fake) approving sweep of her features, and he removes the tattered apron and throws it in a corner, revealing the well-cut and fashionable clothes beneath.

"A beautiful woman need but ask, and I will be hers, milady. But I work not for coin or contract, only for love of art. My brush serves beauty herself, and cares little for worldly concerns."

Hugo's expression changes to one of disappointment.

"Alas, for not all share my passion. A contract binds me to my current employers, and though it pains me to turn down a woman of such radiance, Hugo never breaks his word. But, whilst I cannot serve you alone, it would be an honour to provide you with artwork for your gallery. I'm sure I have a few pieces here which could grace your gallery, and with a portrait of your stunning visage as a centerpiece, your gallery would be the talk of the town in no time."
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 02, 2011, 02:25:12 pm »

To hell with it, sitting here won't help anything. Nikephoros spent the night at the inn, with his head full of problems, big and small. He was hanging his greatest hopes and plans upon the royal approval, although he quickly reminded himself that it was this kind of wishful thinking that got a lot of men killed. He should not have built all his plan upon one person, lest this one element does not fall into place.
Another try for an audience should be more succesful though, maybe the queenie got her humor back up again.
Nikephoros dressed himself up quickly , washed his face and left for the castle.

Guardsman, I hope you relayed my message to Her Majesty from yesterday. I would like to request an audience yet again.

Go to the castle and demand an audience.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 02, 2011, 02:47:06 pm »

"Well, as long as you change your tone, you can go in." He stops to take Nikophoros' pistol.

"And no firearms in the throne room. Queen isn't daft about these things."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 02, 2011, 02:53:16 pm »

Sure thing, take it. Nikephoros relinquished his weapon and also took off his belt, with the sword and the dagger attached.
Take this as well, don't let me say you weren't thorough. May I pass now?

Barely waiting for the reply, Nikephoros moved past the guard quickly as soon as he heard yes, coming form the soldier's lips. He wasted enough time waiting around.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2011, 02:56:23 pm »

"So, I hear you're the mercenary that wanted to speak with me..." Laythe stood up off the throne.

"So, what is it that you wanted, sellsword."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2011, 03:23:21 pm »

The smile was gone along with most of the adrenaline, replaced with a snarl and a slight grimace from his bleeding hand. He held Etiac for a second later then necessary, staring into his eyes, letting Etiac see his own worth, then let him down and brushed off Etiac's clothes for him.
"Don't worry if anyone died, probably none did anyway, they were obstructing justice when I arrested a dangerous thief..."
With a wink, he opened the door for the thief.
"The beer best not taste like piss here."
William slipped the blade into his pocket and followed the theif in.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:30:28 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2011, 03:43:05 pm »

"Ah, Hugo I've just came by to say that I and Kawakai will be leaving soon...Well that and to ask you a few questions. I've heard that you've had a few vistors lately...Normally I wouldn't care about your personal life, but from what I've heard these people have included a Mirish fellow, who I presume to be our friend William, and a woman noble. What business have they with you? If it's a personal matter then no need to tell me..."

Later on with Kawakai...

"Ah good, you've got us a fair amount of ducats. I just hope we'll be able to pay off the loan. Anyway, we best be going now."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:56:05 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2011, 03:54:27 pm »

Kawakai nodded in agreement and the pair set of northwards, entourage in tow.

Whilst travelling
As the expedition marched Kawakai couldn't help but speculate what kind of work she'd been doing, Revtyl had been rather secretive and other traveling north to gain fundings for the embassy she didn't really know what was happening, she padded next to him "I don't suppose you'd mind telling me what kind of work I'll specifically be doing, would you?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2011, 03:55:06 pm »

She showed no irritation, merely a wearying calm-there was a game going on here, all right. She was intrigued by how forceful and controlled he seemed. Every motion of his body was like an a confident brush stroke-an exclamation point-as if by merely having a conversation he was weaving a piece of art. Men like him burned out so quickly, but they did shine so brightly, didn't they?

"If you were not a man of your word, we could not work together anyway. As much I would prefer for you to labor under me, If the artist cannot be cajoled, prodded or bent, then the lady would indeed prefer to snag a few of his pieces, to grace her opening. We can always do more business in the future."

She emphasized the word 'business' and let it hand in the air for a moment. She thought of leaving, then reconsidered, with what he said at the end. Her left hand went to rest at her hip, and she gestured to him with her right.

"Hmm...so you would render me a canvas immortal? I've had a good number of paintings done of me, but most of them were, quite frankly...boring. Too ostenatious.

I suppose you would remake my body in your own ideal-the ultimate power of the artist over the world. Perhaps give me fang, horns and a cape, if I displeased you somehow-or render my face into abstract squares, for satirical effect?"

'Tala' smiled in despite of herself. Yes, it was all a game. A shame the Artist was on the wrong side of the board, for she was enjoying it very much.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 02, 2011, 04:02:02 pm »

"I expect you to make me some machinery if needed...And to entertain any guest we may have with your mechanical machines. A pleased warrior is less likely to kill you. So don't think your task is miniscule."
For my action in the countryside, get a list of every high noble in this nation (which I believe is made up of William, Tala, and Thunderblade, correct?). Visit each of their estates and see how their people are treated and any problems and issues.(if any come's up).
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 02, 2011, 04:10:48 pm »

So I'm to be the gift giver, great "Sounds perfect!" Kawakai enthused with a fake smile ah, nevermind thought Kawakai to herself so much for adventure, just about then an idea struck her, maybe she could draw some maps whilst on the journey, she'd explored Talama's streets a fair bit and after touring the countryside for a while she could probably create a map of that too! Kawakai set to work.

Start drawing two maps, one of the region and another of Talama's streets, also work on creating some worthless mechanical wind-up toys and perfumes to entertain nobles.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2011, 04:34:07 pm »

Nikephoros bowed and begun:
My name is Nikephoros Vandire, Your Majesty. I am a captain of the mercenary regiment, which fought in almost all bigger conflicts and clashes of the last 15 years.

Your Majesty may think of me as another onf many thugs for hire, but nothing could be further from the truth. I have noted your strength and determination in your actions and I must say that there is only one clear aim for someone like you, with all the things that happned so far. This kingdom is ripe for expansion and Your Majesty plans just that.

As I said already, I am no mere mercenary, but also an accomplished soldier and a tactician. I served as an officer and retainer to various lords and know about war and statecraft enough to say that the safest border is the one furthest away from the capital city. If your Majesty plans any endeavours that will expand this realm I offer my services in whatever role you may see fit for me, be it a simple regiment leader, or an advisor to your war plans. You may think that I am vain by speaking of myself in such high words, but my services done under various lords and my experiences on the field of battle deserve to be honoured, both for the sake of my men and their skill.

Nikephoros went quiet, awaiting a response. He hoped that he aimed for the right spot. One could not describe the queen in words other than warlike, so an appeal to conquest and his skill hopefully found the right ground.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 02, 2011, 04:43:00 pm »

"Heh, I guess you do know your statecraft. Say just the right words and you can get someone to do what you want even if they'd find it morally repulsive. Unfortunatly the treasury is quite bare at this time, and three landed nobles is enough for now."

Laythe seemed to think for a short while.

"You'd still be willing to sign on with ligoria, even if you would have to wait at least a few months in order to get paid?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 02, 2011, 05:18:21 pm »

Spoiler: Micelus (click to show/hide)
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 220