Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We don't need that huge poll taking up all that space, do we?

Nope.
- 0 (0%)
Definitively not.
- 0 (0%)
I don't think so.
- 0 (0%)
That's for sure.
- 0 (0%)
I'll stop now.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: Fallout 2: Let's Play Blind(ish)!  (Read 60750 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Let's Play Blind(ish)!
« Reply #150 on: October 28, 2011, 07:41:58 am »

I fell in love with Fallout the moment I first found it. :) You have noooooooooo idea how many hours I spent trying to explore every little inch of the FO3 world, finding every secret, easter egg, and going crazy to find all the awesome in-game lore.

Mmmm, love me some lore. I play games specifically so I can read all the lore. Hell, I spent 15 RL hours just organizing my bookshelf in Oblivion with one of every book in the game ordered by size, color, Alphabet and topic. That god-damn 2nd shelf from the bottom always glitched on me, shooting books in every direction.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2011, 03:44:16 pm »

That reminds me, you get any of the followers yet? Because there is a good deal more than Dogmeat already available.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 29, 2011, 05:22:35 pm »

No I haven't. Maybe they just aren't obvious to me or something, but I've gotten

If I remember correctly, I could recruit Ian and some guy who hangs out in the bar in Junktown. Vince, I think his name was. The ranger from Nevada.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 29, 2011, 06:00:27 pm »

Teammates are great fun, to be honest. I mean, AI was terrrrrrible, but having teammates made the game a lot better. Not being able to have teammates in FO3 nearly killed the fun for me - In the same way Morrowind was boringly unplayable until I installed the companion mod.

Don't know why, but the "lone traveler" thing has never really been fun for me! Even if I do just leave my companions behind in front of most of the dangerous places and take them on by myself, it always made me feel a bit more... connected. To what was happening.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 29, 2011, 07:10:58 pm »

Teammates are great fun, to be honest. I mean, AI was terrrrrrible, but having teammates made the game a lot better. Not being able to have teammates in FO3 nearly killed the fun for me - In the same way Morrowind was boringly unplayable until I installed the companion mod.

There were several followers in FO3, though they lack the personality/utility of the New Vegas ones, and you couldn't control them at all. If you decide to give it another go, use Phalanx mod so they actually follow orders are are less stupid. Sorry for the minor derail here.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 29, 2011, 07:59:59 pm »

Hmm.. I'm trying to recall any actual followes in FO3, and I'm honestly not coming up with any. Names?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2011, 08:18:05 pm »

Hmm.. I'm trying to recall any actual followes in FO3, and I'm honestly not coming up with any. Names?

Fawkes, Dogmeat, Charon, Butch DeLoria, Clover, Jericho, Sergeant RL-3 and Star Paladin Cross.Chances are, if you were playing as a good character, you probably freed Fawkes. He'd then become your companion after Raven's Rock.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2011, 09:14:52 pm »

Faaaaawkes. Good man.

Dogmeat always got killed on me. Just kept him stationed at the house to guard my bobblehead collection. :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 29, 2011, 09:28:02 pm »

I always just kept Charon, the rest were too annoying/late game to get and except for Fawkes and Cross they were all about the same. I did use Sergeant RL-3 as a floating, self-defending armory, once. Coupled with the prototype medic armor, it's commie-blasting fun all day, every day.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2011, 06:38:15 am »

Man, I sunk a good 30/40 hours into that game, too! I think I got to somewhere around Vault 12 and I don't remember meeting any of those people. Admittedly, MOST of that was randomly exploring the map, with the mainline just sort of happening as I wandered across it...

Shoot, now I'm gonna have to actually get a copy of the game and start over, aren't I?

Also, I should stop sidetracking this thread. Sorry!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 06:40:55 am by GlyphGryph »

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2011, 01:33:13 pm »

If I remember correctly, I could recruit Ian and some guy who hangs out in the bar in Junktown. Vince, I think his name was. The ranger from Nevada.

Tycho. You can also recruit one of the scavengers in the Boneyard.

Fallout 2 makes followers much better (although still not... good) because you don't have to trade with them by using the steal interface, plus you can actually give them armor to wear.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2011, 01:47:52 pm »

Not good? Sulik, Cassidy, and the Chosen One are like the wasteland's A-team!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 30, 2011, 03:19:00 pm »

Dogmeat always got killed on me. Just kept him stationed at the house to guard my bobblehead collection. :P

There is a bug in Fallout 3 where Dogmeat's health would scale widely upwards if you first meet him at a high level. (Fawkes had it too, if I remember correctly). I only knew about this when I checked the wiki after meeting Dogmeat at level 30.  :D

Also, I should stop sidetracking this thread. Sorry!

Meh. It's not like we have anything better to do while we wait for me to update.

Tycho. You can also recruit one of the scavengers in the Boneyard.

Right. Vince was one of the Skulls. He was at the same bar, that's probably why I got their names confused.

Also, it appears that I'll be heading to the Boneyard next. I'll probably make a stop in the Hub first to see how Deathclaws like the taste of hot, hot plasma.

EDIT: The answer is no, but they can easily take more than 200 points of damage! Thank god for criticals.

EDIT2: On the other hand people can turn to goo when you blast them with plasma. God I love this gun.

EDIT3: BWHAHAHAHA! I. AM. GOD! TREMBLE IN MY PRESENCE, PUNY MORTALS!

Ahem.

I haven't gotten to the Gun Runners yet, but at this point in time all I really need from them is ammo. Maybe I'll storm the base after all.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:58:10 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 30, 2011, 06:15:11 pm »

Wait, what base are you going to storm again?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2011, 06:28:23 pm »

The Mutant one. Whatever it's called. Up in the northwest corner of the map.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24