Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We don't need that huge poll taking up all that space, do we?

Nope.
- 0 (0%)
Definitively not.
- 0 (0%)
I don't think so.
- 0 (0%)
That's for sure.
- 0 (0%)
I'll stop now.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]

Author Topic: Fallout 2: Let's Play Blind(ish)!  (Read 60667 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 2: Let's Play Blind(ish)!
« Reply #345 on: February 21, 2012, 09:14:59 am »

Woops, not the EPA. Sierra Army Depot. My bad.

Always get those confused. EPA was cut from the game though.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 21, 2012, 11:03:11 am »

Woops, not the EPA. Sierra Army Depot. My bad.

Always get those confused. EPA was cut from the game though.

And where would that be?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 21, 2012, 12:10:22 pm »

The hook, in game, is through the Wright family in New Reno. They know the location. HOWEVER, you should be able to find it yourself with a bit of searching, it's not exactly hidden. 3 squares up, 1 left from New Reno, if I remember correctly.

Since you're already a grave robber, though, there's an even easier way. In Golgotha, find the grave of one "Sam Pritchard". He has a map on his body, and it should have the location you need.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 21, 2012, 12:13:50 pm »

The hook, in game, is through the Wright family in New Reno. They know the location. HOWEVER, you should be able to find it yourself with a bit of searching, it's not exactly hidden. 3 squares up, 1 left from New Reno, if I remember correctly.

Since you're already a grave robber, though, there's an even easier way. In Golgotha, find the grave of one "Sam Pritchard". He has a map on his body, and it should have the location you need.

Yay for grave robbing!

Current plan: Head to Broken Hills (because it's closer to NCR) then Sierra Army Depot, and then finally look for San Fran.

Hopefully the Brotherhood has a base in San Fran, because I really need a set of power armour right now. Brozars are too heavy for me to use effectively right now.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 21, 2012, 05:29:35 pm »

Okay. Quick question. I can have up to five companions. However I have six potential companions. Sulik, Vic, Cassidy, Goris, Myron and Marcus, the sheriff of Broken Hills. Now then, how much do I need Myron? If it wasn't for his high science skill I would have Cassidy pop a bullet in him. Would it be possible to switch him with Marcus? I'm a bit too attached to everyone else. I suppose that I could let Vic go, but I'm not sure if anyother companion is as good at repair as he is, plus unlike Myron he can fight worth a damn...

Any ideas? Or maybe I should give Cassidy the boot...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 21, 2012, 05:42:18 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can just tell myron to stay there, kicking him out of the party, and replace him with the Sheriff, and  no one will care.

Also, that you can come back and get him later.

Also, you don't have any of the four canine companions, do you? And you didn't pick up Lenny from Gecko either?

Marcus and Myron actually have some decent interactions, from what I remember - perhaps you should give one of your other party members a "vacation"?

Although really, Myron is pretty useless, feel free to leave him behind. Except... well, you might well want him when you get to the Sierra Army Base, since Science and Repair are the skills you need to get through it. You can always swap members out later, they should hang around, so don't worry about it too much, I think.

Also, something to note - head to the Sierra base one party member down. You might consider leaving both Goris and Cassidy here for the moment, honestly. Myron... well, take him along, and if you don't like him there's an option to get rid of him there, for good.

Even then, bring some brain boosters - you might need to use them on Myron or Yourself to get through the tricky part of the base. And bring lots! It's not like it matters if Myron gets hooked on them, right?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:44:02 pm by GlyphGryph »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 21, 2012, 06:33:53 pm »

Thanks game. Turns out that I already dug up the grave, but found no map or anything of use, meaning that I still don't know where the base is. Wandering near the tile it's supposedly in did nothing either. Am I just going to have to keep wandering (My Outdoorsman is at 72% right now) or is there another way to find the base? (The Wright family wants nothing to do with me now, if you're wondering)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 22, 2012, 01:40:39 am »

Hmm... its got the best companion in the game, too... higher science than myron, better health, and good small guns skill is nothing to pass up.

http://games.thehawkonline.com/fallout/fallout2/

Is a map of the fallout world. Ignore everything that isn't near New Reno. Wander around in that area where the Depot is shown for a while, it should come up.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 22, 2012, 08:53:15 am »

Ah. It's apparently directly above the stables. I was searching slightly to far up then.

Hmm... its got the best companion in the game, too... higher science than myron, better health, and good small guns skill is nothing to pass up.

Cassidy is going to be one happy camper.

EDIT: Operation Wander-Around-The-Desert doesn't seem to be working. I've wandered up and down the tiles for a while, and found nothing. Well, I found the Bridge-Keeper, but that's non-canon (though I did get a snazzy robe which is definitively, completely not as strong as combat armour).

Is there a plan... er, I suppose that it'd be D. Is there a plan D?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:47:23 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 22, 2012, 11:27:16 pm »

You might just have to skip the most awesome companion, then. :(

I usually don't have trouble finding it, but then my outdoorsman is usually in the 140 to 200 range.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 23, 2012, 08:58:52 am »

Welp. My current Outdoorsman is at 72%, so unless I can rapidly gain 10ish levels rapidly, I have no way of finding the base. Well, unless I can somehow cheat my way to 200% or something.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 23, 2012, 12:50:22 pm »

Or books ^^

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 23, 2012, 01:22:08 pm »

However books don't increase skill past 100%, so I'll still need to insta-level a couple times.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 23, 2012, 01:46:18 pm »

And you're sure you didn't find anything in the grave, and Wrights definitely won't talk to you?

Damn.

Might just have to skip it. Some other playthrough someday perhaps...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 23, 2012, 04:40:25 pm »

And you're sure you didn't find anything in the grave, and Wrights definitely won't talk to you?

I still have the false document papers from Vault City. If I found anything interesting like a map I would be hoarding it like crazy right now.

Well, the Wrights do talk to me, but only to insult/threaten me, so obviously they won't tell me where the base is.

Might just have to skip it. Some other playthrough someday perhaps...

I suppose.

Anyways I might as well start working on the next turn. I was planning on ending in the Sierra Base, but I definitively have enough to make another turn.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]