Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 109530 times)

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - V0.2a
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2011, 03:53:47 am »

For all that is holy. Live! I'd like to see the implementations of lizard men and night goblins :/

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2011, 10:19:18 am »

For all that is holy. Live! I'd like to see the implementations of lizard men and night goblins :/

Night Goblins are being done by me, mostly. I wasn't able to find the time to mod recently, but I have it now. Should gobbos have metal weapons?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2011, 10:24:10 am »

Hello guys, i'm kind of new here and i'm not all that familiar with Warhammer but i played several of the vidya and i kind of enjoy the whole grimdark feel (fits like a wonder with DF) so i'd like to offer myself to draw the creature sprites for this mod, i only need the res and format to start and i'm kinda exited to do so, of course it's up to the modders but at least i'd like to give something for you guys to base your opinion on.

I guess i could draw enviorments too if things work out well.

BTW Deathsword, your sig's awesome, both of them but specially the fun one, made me proud of playing Dorf Fort  :'(
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:26:32 am by Synner »
Urist McSpartacus: blood and vomit.
One day this is going to be a show, mark my words.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2011, 10:29:53 am »

Hello guys, i'm kind of new here and i'm not all that familiar with Warhammer but i played several of the vidya and i kind of enjoy the whole grimdark feel (fits like a wonder with DF) so i'd like to offer myself to draw the creature sprites for this mod, i only need the res and format to start and i'm kinda exited to do so, of course it's up to the modders but at least i'd like to give something for you guys to base your opinion on.

I guess i could draw enviorments too if things work out well.
Feel free to make a tileset for everything if you wish. I don't use tilesets, but other people do. We'd have to make two versions (tileset and ASCII), of course, but that's not too much of a problem.

Check the wiki for the information you might need

BTW Deathsword, your sig's awesome, both of them but specially the fun one, made me proud of playing Dorf Fort  :'(

I feel honored, but you should thank the people that actually typed that.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2011, 10:55:38 am »

Well, i not a big fan of tilesets myself but OP is requesting one and i think it may help to get the whole "blood n' guts" feel.

And it's your sig so thanks to you.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2011, 11:21:55 am »

I'm interested in helping out here, but I'm confused on what is done and what is being worked on. Krantz, maybe you should change the races list you have in the OP to include every Warhammer race, and specify what is done and being worked on. I'd hate to put together the Lizardmen only to find that someone else was working on the same thing :/
The Lizardman and Skaven have the most interest for me, but I'm pretty sure that someone was working on Skaven back there and that Lizardmen have been mentioned already, hence the list :p I'd be happy working on anything that needs doing, though; I've never played any games based on Warhammer, but the lore and setting really interest me.

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2011, 11:24:48 am »

I'd love a tileset for the warriors of chaos and would be happy to make one if you could tell me how/give me some advice! Either in this thread or by pm and I will get on it.

Also, I've had instances where my game has run just fine with the reaction that is causing the crash and have had times where it has crashed. So I dunno what's going on and am going to just rewrite the reactions when I get back to my room.

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2011, 11:28:15 am »

I'd love a tileset for the warriors of chaos and would be happy to make one if you could tell me how/give me some advice! Either in this thread or by pm and I will get on it.

Also, I've had instances where my game has run just fine with the reaction that is causing the crash and have had times where it has crashed. So I dunno what's going on and am going to just rewrite the reactions when I get back to my room.

Magmawiki's your friend, there you can find all the info for a tileset.

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2011, 11:36:44 am »

Someone must have put up something new on the wiki then, because I checked a while back and found little to be useful. Will check again. Thanks, Synner.

And, Crazy Cow, I'm currently working on lizardmen but would be happy to put my current raws up here if you wanna take over. I've got most things sorted but more pets and reactions need doing!

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2011, 11:39:25 am »

Well, I'd be happy to help if you have trouble with anything, but I'm not going to pilfer your work if you're almost done :p

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2011, 11:50:23 am »

Skaven are not being done, as far as I'm aware.

Also, will hobgoblins be part of the chaos dwarf entity or have a different one?

Greenskins will be a pain when deciding who goes into each entity.

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2011, 12:02:57 pm »

Awesome, I'll start doing some work on them. I'll split them into four different creatures, one for each of the major clans - Skyre Skaven will have access to more powerful weaponry (stuff built from warpstone - speaking of which, has anyone made any warpstone yet?), Pestilens Skaven will be covered in syndromes (I'm imagining various castes, each of which have syndrome attacks in varying levels of lethality), Moulder Skaven will have access to beasts (as castes for now, once .26 comes out they'll start using warpstones to turn citizens into monsters), and Eshin Skaven (I honestly don't know what to do with these guys, besides high natural skills in things like ambushing and observing; we can't do much with poisons right now... although I suppose 'traps' consisting of poison dumped on the ground might be workable...)
So yeah, I'll get a base creature and entity out first. Give me a few hours for that.

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2011, 12:54:58 pm »

Night Goblins are being done by me, mostly. I wasn't able to find the time to mod recently, but I have it now. Should gobbos have metal weapons?

From the fluff it both Night goblins and Orcs mine (or use some hapless slave/smaller whelp) and use iron so they should have some access to metal. Iron spears should be especially dangerous due to their ability to penetrate dwarven armor.They are scavengers as well so steel, in small quantities, may be feasible for them. Maybe give them a reaction to make "Black Iron" a carbon (charcoal) rich iron alloy with high weight and high cutting power (yet just less so than steel) but low tensile strength due to its brittle nature? Making this would require a massive amount of deforestation which seems par for the course for the OnG's

Skaven are not being done, as far as I'm aware.

Also, will hobgoblins be part of the chaos dwarf entity or have a different one?

Greenskins will be a pain when deciding who goes into each entity.

Orcs and common goblins could be a separate entity that trades/ is on somewhat friendly terms with the night goblins. One way to do it could be that Orcs make up the "Soldier caste" with high strength and good combat capability but poor skill gain when used for more civialian efforts. If it doesn't involve fightin' they'z not dat interested in it. The common gobs could be a more civilian class without the likes fighting tag making them more cowardly and craven. Civilian skill gains are quicker versus military ones but they could be proficient with militia like weapons such as spears, small bows, and large daggers.

I'm finding some weird breeding issues with bull centaurs for the chaos dwarves so i may drop them for some hobgoblins which would be very easy to implement. The Hell canon and Lamasu are mostly done and the regular CDs are completely finished (sanse curly beards as I can't find a way to force them... :'() I just need to figure out how I'm going to implement the Lamasu's magical capability and the Hell cannon's projectile attack...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2011, 01:24:25 pm »

I'm finding some weird breeding issues with bull centaurs for the chaos dwarves so i may drop them for some hobgoblins which would be very easy to implement. The Hell canon and Lamasu are mostly done and the regular CDs are completely finished (sanse curly beards as I can't find a way to force them... :'() I just need to figure out how I'm going to implement the Lamasu's magical capability and the Hell cannon's projectile attack...

Did you define bodies outside and inside castes? That can cause some crazy stuff.

For the siege weapons, you could use projectile attacks like that of the vanilla magma crab.

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2011, 02:30:54 pm »

Awesome, I'll start doing some work on them. I'll split them into four different creatures, one for each of the major clans - Skyre Skaven will have access to more powerful weaponry (stuff built from warpstone - speaking of which, has anyone made any warpstone yet?), Pestilens Skaven will be covered in syndromes (I'm imagining various castes, each of which have syndrome attacks in varying levels of lethality), Moulder Skaven will have access to beasts (as castes for now, once .26 comes out they'll start using warpstones to turn citizens into monsters), and Eshin Skaven (I honestly don't know what to do with these guys, besides high natural skills in things like ambushing and observing; we can't do much with poisons right now... although I suppose 'traps' consisting of poison dumped on the ground might be workable...)
So yeah, I'll get a base creature and entity out first. Give me a few hours for that.

That sounds great! I could easily see plague monks just constantly secreting some kind of vile syndrome-carrying ichor. You could also make some kind of syndrome-bearing metal or rock to make plague censers out of. I don't think warpstone has been done yet. Maybe make it appear in reasonably small clusters in soil layers, to simulate the meteoric fragments falling down from Morislieb and embedding themselves in the ground? I guess with that explanation you could find them in deeper layers too, if the soil just built up over an old impact...

Also very excited for some good ol' O n' G. Black iron sounds cool. Mass deforestation is also extremely orky. 

Either way, I'm pumped for Skaven and Orks and it sounds like you guys are gonna do an excellent job! Good luck!

Also! Just put up another big bugfix for Warriors of Chaos. Overhauled all my Great Altar reactions, edited some inorganic raws and syndromes, fixed a few embarrassing typos, and have rebound the hotkey for the Dark Shrine, so it can now be used. Also provided a nifty  readme file so you can all figure out how to make the uber-deadly god-weaponry and understand how everything works.

Get Warriors of Chaos v0.43b here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3612

Also, krantz, could you please update the main page with this? There have been a lot of really important bugfixes since you've last updated. Thanks!

Also, anybody else find it kickass how there is so much interest in this thread? It was bumped and there was like 8 posts inside three hours or so xD
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 02:44:11 pm by mrtspence »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41