Yes
- 156 (42.6%)
No
- 17 (4.6%)
I have no opinion and prefer to select the zany "other" option on forum polls
- 193 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 364

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 84

Author Topic: I badly draw your reports!  (Read 327991 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: I badly draw your reports!
« Reply #315 on: September 06, 2012, 06:17:21 pm »

tl;dr - Yak slaughtered my army, and then proceeded to regurgitate on them.

This reminds me of the old .40 days where it seemed that cave adaptation made dorfs a whole lot more nauseous and pain made enemies barf much more easily.

I had a goblin siege with maybe four or five squads against my single squad of Legendary warriors.  They spent more time barfing than fighting.  The combat logs looked something like:

The dwarf Axelord vomits!
The dwarf Axelord hits the goblin in the arm with his Steel Battleaxe, severing the part.
The goblin vomits!
The goblin vomits!

By the end of the battle, the goblins were dead and the whole battlefield was covered in barf and blood.
Seeing that OP didn't draw yours yet, I did. Here you go :)
UPLOADING IMAGE
DONE! Here ya go! :)

You should start a thread called "I draw your reports like a four year old on acid!"
Seriously, dude.... what the fuck.
I think it was clearly labeled in the title.
Different guy.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 06, 2012, 06:20:23 pm »

I know, but OP did warn us about bad drawings.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 06, 2012, 08:54:41 pm »

Yeah, but OP is at least trying. :P

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 06, 2012, 09:21:40 pm »

Are you *sure* of that?
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 06, 2012, 09:27:32 pm »

He may not be handing us masterpieces, but given the time between request and response, he's doing decently. (Or he was until this mysterious absence egging art-challenged folks to substitute for him.)

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 07, 2012, 02:43:22 am »

This reminds me of the old .40 days where it seemed that cave adaptation made dorfs a whole lot more nauseous and pain made enemies barf much more easily.

I had a goblin siege with maybe four or five squads against my single squad of Legendary warriors.  They spent more time barfing than fighting.  The combat logs looked something like:

The dwarf Axelord hits the goblin in the arm with his Steel Battleaxe, severing the part.
The goblin vomits!
The goblin vomits!

By the end of the battle, the goblins were dead and the whole battlefield was covered in barf and blood.
Urist McSpartacus: blood and vomit.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Zivilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Science Division
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 07, 2012, 05:15:55 am »

I'd like to see how the OP's graphical interpretation of this event (happened during arena testing):

The flying {steel bolt} strikes Arena Dwarf 1727 in the right eyelid, but the attack glances away!
No signature

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 07, 2012, 06:01:38 am »

Simple : He stared that bolt down :

*Dwarf Uris tMcZoolander turns to see bolt*

!!MAGNUM!!

"...its beautiful!"

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #323 on: September 07, 2012, 10:59:15 am »

Sorry guys, I was just bored and drew it in PHOTOSHOP. :)

I didn't think it was so bad.  You might want to start your own thread--maybe draw artifacts, or engravings?  titans?  so you aren't stealing his thunder.  I know you didn't intend that, mind.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 07, 2012, 02:19:54 pm »

tl;dr - Yak slaughtered my army, and then proceeded to regurgitate on them.

The goblin vomits!
The goblin vomits!

I'm a terrible person, but I immediately thought of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYSpIz2FjU

If being reminded of that makes you a terrible person, then I will be in the minecart to hell in front of yours because that has always been one of my favorite Family Guy clips.  And very apropos.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 07, 2012, 03:05:46 pm »

Hi, guys. It's been a while (kinda). It turns out high school is hard so I'll be stopping this thread forever.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Okay, but there is something you can do to help. You see, my school is fairly lax about Internet use, but all packets go through a central location downtown which filters for questionable content. This means swear words. So if you want a greater chance of me using my spare for something other than walking down [REDACTED] and [not] giving away my location on the Bay12 forums, keep it clean. Really clean.

I also promise I'll have two nice things for you guys soon, one obvious and one unexpected.

I don't have a report, perse, but rather one of my axedwarves is walking around in medium quality iron armor with a pig tail sock that is dyed blue and is adorned with hanging rings of kaolinite...

The great fight between a dragon and a zombie duck that doesen't stay dead

Beware the morbid waterfowl
This:

This just showed up. 2-year-old fort, etc etc, fairly standard, and I have no idea what in the name of Armok's left [SEE ABOVE] this thing does.

I still have no idea.

This made me lol.

It also left behind "lower body water" and "water laced with water, water, water, water, water, water, and water"

Water no longer looks like a word.
simply must be drawn.

See, elephants do love you!

More catching-up to come.

Seeing that OP didn't draw yours yet, I did. Here you go :)
UPLOADING IMAGE
DONE! Here ya go! :)

You did good, bro.

Are you *sure* of that?
Are you completely, irrevocably, totally sure...?!
I didn't think it was so bad.  You might want to start your own thread--maybe draw artifacts, or engravings?  titans?  so you aren't stealing his thunder.  I know you didn't intend that, mind.
At this point I draw anything from DF that's worth drawing in the first place. Feel free to start your own general art thread, it's not like I'm getting paid per image and must squish all competition :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 06:20:44 pm by GoombaGeek »
My wooden badge was delicious.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 07, 2012, 03:55:19 pm »

I don't have a report this time as much as I have a scenario: my adventurer, Idri Agoomba (any relation to you? ;) ) beating down zombies from a Necro tower with help from her Skinless Deer Fiend companion!

Edit: I forgot to mention she uses a Lead Ladle
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 04:12:54 pm by MadocComadrin »

Ki11aGhost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 07, 2012, 03:58:35 pm »

Eh.

Cheesoburgor

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 07, 2012, 04:33:25 pm »

Engraved from the wall is masterfully desinged image of GoobaGeek by Cheesoburgor. The GoobaGeek is admiring game log and replacing every water word with booze
Im alive again after a 4 year break!

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 07, 2012, 05:57:52 pm »

A CHALLENGER APPEARS

Download pages 11-20 of bad art now!

Next surprise to come...!
My wooden badge was delicious.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 84