Add Ogre Tribes - done
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: March 31, 2012, 09:54:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41

Author Topic: Warhammer Fortress - a Warhammer Total Conversion - V1.4.1  (Read 109482 times)

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: fans and modders requested for a Warhammer TC - V0.2a
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2011, 04:23:58 pm »

We may want to bump up the [MAXAGE] of the dwarfs. I think Warhammer dwarves lives around 300-400 years easy if I have my fluff right.

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2011, 04:46:07 pm »

Fixed - you're right, it will be implemented in the next release, good job at noticing that, keep on with suggestion  guys!
Re: 1000 sgins that you play Dwarf fortress (way) too much
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)
...Wait. Adamantine is real?...
...155. You are no longer sure what metals are real or fictional.

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2011, 06:20:27 pm »

I've made some good progress on the Lizardmen. I'd put them at about 60% ready. Don't wanna bother putting them up until I can get that up to an 80%.

So far I have Saurus, Skinks, and Slann as the race. Kroxigors are pets that can learn and can equip items (means you are gonna have to feed them, I believe). Salamanders, Carnosaurs, Stegadons, and Razordons are on there way as well. No idea when it will be done though, school has a way of stealing my DF time!

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2011, 11:07:49 pm »

I'm thinking CD's with hooves(but not bull centaurs) should be more agile and quicker, but as tough as normal dwarves. This would leave one's with normal feet as tougher but slower providing an interesting dynamic between faster "assault oriented" troops and defensive "breakers". Basically the fluff doesn't make a distinction between Chaos Dwarves with hoofed feet and ones without that mutation but it seems it would add a more interesting mechanic to playing as them. Also I may move Lammasu from the creature raw to where the hell cannon will be as to preserve a sentient only list in the chaos dwarves main raw. The Lammasu is stated as mainly being a flying mount with mystical powers, barely sentient so this seems appropriate.

Any thoughts about the above or additions to be added to the followers of Hashut?

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2011, 04:18:20 am »

lemmasu as mounts? i think they're more indipendent than that, they can summon shadow steeds to carry allies or hurl fireballs and exhude a miasma
check this page
http://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Lammasu#.TnxNN2E0_Co

transporting allies on shadowy mounts
talk about shadow magic
154. When you get the word "adamantine" on your LA vocab, you quickly cross it out and replace it with "cotton candy" and spend the next 10 minutes in fetal position rocking back and forth in fear. (Yes, I actually did this.)

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2011, 08:09:44 am »

It's worth pointing out that hooves are deadly, deadly weapons too. Dunno if that will factor into that at all, but hooves are what make camels and horses the scourge of man (dwarves).

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2011, 11:57:36 am »

I think I'll work with goblins/night goblins now (and squigs).

They'll be playable, but I think I'll leave them unable to dig, any opinions/ideas regarding that.

Might also add some "craft bone weapons" reactions, too.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2011, 02:28:35 pm »

hi, i've just spent the day testing the mods, mainly the chaos mod, i think i've seen some issues, first from cultists to CW none equips i the armor pieces assigned, secod when using the great altar the game crashed, i've done some tests and there are 2 potential cuses;
-Death energy doesn't have a melting point
-the blood infusion reaction create 900 exploding boulders at once

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2011, 04:34:49 pm »

hi, i've just spent the day testing the mods, mainly the chaos mod, i think i've seen some issues, first from cultists to CW none equips i the armor pieces assigned, secod when using the great altar the game crashed, i've done some tests and there are 2 potential cuses;
-Death energy doesn't have a melting point
-the blood infusion reaction create 900 exploding boulders at once
Have you checked the error log for that? Might be something that explains the errors in the chaos mod.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Krantz86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2011, 06:42:19 pm »

the crash causes were the rections:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

o changed
[PRODUCT:100:9:BOULDER:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:DEATH_ENERGY]
and it worked fine
for the equipipping issues, i have no clue

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2011, 12:20:23 am »

Hmm, I've never had either of those problems before. Although it's been a while since I tested, maybe a patch came out that broke something.
Theoretically, making 900 of something WAS fine, I just wanted to make sure there was a dense enough cloud of gas. Maybe your rig had trouble with that specifically? Oh well, I can reduce that no problem if it's causing issues. Glad you caught that.
Note: -Reduce Death energy created to double digits.

The equipping thing might be because champions are so big that the other castes cannot wear them as the game only makes armour for the biggest members of a society. It was the only major thing I changed  with the latest patch, and they worked fine before.
-Note: -Pull sizes of castes closer together (I don't care if cultists can't wear armour though, they aren't meant to in the fluff really) to ensure that armour can be worn by all the right classes.

Ok. Great bugfixing so far, hopefully, if we catch enough of these, I can take it out of beta :D ! Keep it up!

Black_Legion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2011, 12:48:53 pm »

The equipping thing might be because champions are so big that the other castes cannot wear them as the game only makes armour for the biggest members of a society. It was the only major thing I changed  with the latest patch, and they worked fine before.
-Note: -Pull sizes of castes closer together (I don't care if cultists can't wear armour though, they aren't meant to in the fluff really) to ensure that armour can be worn by all the right classes.

This may throw a wrench in my plans for bull centaurs. They are about twice the size of a dwarf and it seems they would cause the equipment and armor to not fit the normal dwarves. I've already made the Lammasu a semi-megabeast so I'm wondering what alternatives I may have.

** Edited for random formatting issues
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:54:13 pm by Black_Legion »

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2011, 11:01:00 am »

New Version of the Warriors of Chaos mod is up addressing the issues found (huge thanks to krantz86 for finding them!).

Get that here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3612

-0.41b
-Normalized the size of Chaos Warriors and Champions to 380000 at adulthood. Warriors should now be able to wear armour again. Champions still have bigger size variance potential, so they will still end up being bigger most of the time
-Trimmed some reactions of their excess to remove a possible crash. Functionality is not changed in any way.
-Chaos Crusaders are no longer intelligent and can no longer speak. I believe this should make them more likely to be hostile.

I made these changes in like 5 minutes and am just genning a world right now, but I am almost certain that the armour-wearing issue is now a non-issue.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2011, 11:34:28 am »

I've changed the chaos humans progress triggers to, if I remember correctly, one, and it's time to have the first bretonnians vs chaos battle.

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2011, 11:48:46 am »

Wow. Just released another SUPER important update to Warriors of Chaos mod. Just realized that somewhere along the line I removed the custom buildings from the entity file. They have been re-added.

Get that here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3612

Also, my fix worked. Warriors can now equip armour perfectly well.

Productive times.

EDIT: Game just crashed when Infusing iron with blood. Very strange, this reaction has worked perfectly before, a recent patch may have caused something to fail. Investigating. Worse comes to worst, I will just remake the reaction from scratch and it should work again, but I'd rather isolate the problem and learn.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:14:45 pm by mrtspence »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41