Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281287 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #345 on: October 26, 2011, 01:51:49 pm »

Khenal's Book, Chapter 37

Things have started to settle down, but are hardly back to normal yet.  I've been trying to talk to Friesden, but she's mostly unresponsive to me.  I don't know if she's still under that possession or just really depressed.  I just keep telling her I'm here if she needs me.  She has the occasional visitor, but for the most part it's just her and her cell walls.  I think now, more than ever, she needs a friend.

Chapter 38

Zebra caravan, a favorite of the foals here.  The rhyming speech of the zebras make them excellent storytellers, and our merchants love their exotic goods.  They also know a lot about magic.  I've exhausted my supply of magic tomes and bought more from the zebras, though the book seller gave me a weird look and a cryptic remark.  "Nopony can escape their past, a lesson you should learn fast."  At least I got a good deal on the books.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 06:24:54 pm by Khenal »
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 26, 2011, 09:27:16 pm »

Dear Diary
I suppose i should keep one of these things, everypony in this fort also has one.
We released Osul and Peytral today, although both still don't look too good. I was hoping that Doctor Freisden could help, but she's still locked up. Nopony seems to think she's sane. I certainly do, though.
Maybe i should tell Ms. Charity.
I'm really worried about Carrot, he seems to have gone back to normal but that mind control thing someone did on him was REALLY creepy.
Signing off for now,
Bubbles
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 26, 2011, 09:39:33 pm »

Journal of Psycho Carrot: entry two

My mind is clear,
The strings have snapped,
I know not what will come for us,

I have seen death,
I have shed blood,
The earth cries out in it's mournful cry,

I feel so weak,
I know who to blame,
The evil tempter will surly die.

----------------------
Imagine this being read in a slow, mournful voice. It's up to you to decide who i'm referring to as the "tempter".
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 26, 2011, 10:39:22 pm »

Friesden's New Diary.

It has become a bit harder to end this than I had thought it would be.

I keep passing out before it is done.

Honour.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 26, 2011, 11:07:06 pm »

Dear Diary, Entry no.2
Carrot seems to be writing in his journal. I hope he's alright. I think i should read it to be sure what his problem is.
Bubbles
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OOC: Would you let me read your journal The Master?

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 26, 2011, 11:26:22 pm »

Hey Dsarker, is Friesden still writing on the walls of her cell?
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 26, 2011, 11:29:09 pm »

Not writing on her walls.

She has some more...ink... now :P
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 26, 2011, 11:36:42 pm »

Uhh....
Not Good
I hope Bubbles can patch Freisden up.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 27, 2011, 12:09:43 am »

Khenal's Book, Chapter 38

I was reviewing the evidence against Friesden today, my book, when I came across the scalpel that she tried to kill herself with.  It had a note attached with a single word on it: Honor.  Where did she get this?  More importantly, who gave it to her?  Disturbingly, it looks like somepony hoped to get her to kill herself. 

She got a new journal form somewhere, and I think she's writing in it in blood; she has several wounds that maintain fresh scabs.  I need to do something to help her, to let her know that her life is worth living.

Hmm, if a single word can break her, can another word build her back up?  I'm going to try something very risky, my Book.  I'll need to be careful and absolutely sure it doesn't look like it's from me.  I'm going to sneak a charcoal stick into her cell so she can write without picking her wounds, and it's going to have it's own note and word: Hope.   

Welcome to Glitter Glen Ansontan!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 27, 2011, 01:24:44 am »

Friesden's New Journal.

I think this is the last time. I'm ready.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 27, 2011, 02:04:54 am »

"Thats it, i'm going to see friesden."
Dear Diary, Entry 3
Khenal seems to be planning something to do with Friesden. Maybe i can help him.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:41:48 am by ansontan2000 »

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 27, 2011, 06:55:55 am »

Charity's Journal 10th Limestone 97

Doctor Erok, or as everypony has taken to calling him Doctor Bubbles (I'm not sure how he got that nickname). Has brought forth a request for a new water source. It seems that all the water the well brings up is laced with mud, he believes that to be the cause of Peytral and Osal's infections. It seems the easiest way to deal with this is to create a well near the top of our current aqueduct that brings water to the dinning hall. But that would mean a much longer walk for the doctors. I think the best way will be to create a reservoir closer to the hospital.

Charity's Journal 28th Limestone 97

An accident occurred during the digging out of the new hospital well. One was killed Enog Govosmesir, a pegasan farmer and father of one of our finest marks ponies. Additionally, Toltot, our pegasn mechanic was seen to be caught in the collapse, but, according to eye witness testimony, fell down as the floor collapsed through the stone floor for 3 floors depositing him in Khenal's office, and knocking over one of Pillomino's statues. Unconscious but unharmed. He woke up under Khenal's statue of me and he was able to get up and get back to work before any pony made it down to check on him. He seemed reluctant to visit the doctors but seemed unharmed so nopony insisted.

It must be some kind of miracle that he wasn't hurt. Falling 3 stories and surrounded by all that flying stone. Khenal sure is lucky he wasn't in his office that day. The flying debrie could have had him ending up like poor ol' Enog.

However, now Khenal has a skylight in his office looking into the caverns. Going to seal that up quick.

OOC: I'm not sure what happened, but it looks like the floor I purposely collapsed in a dangerous way, looking for some FUN, you know, smashed through the ground below it, and through that ground, until it hit Khenal's office, where it stopped. I didn't even know that could happen. Below is a zoomed in picture showing Toltot unconscious in Khenal's office. which is three floors down from were he fell.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Charity's Journal 2nd Sandstone 97

That unicorn foal that moved here recently, has been possessed! But she doesn't seem violent. She's claimed a craftponies shop, and is running about collecting things. Everypony is staying out of her way, we don't want to hurt her if we don't have to.

In happier news, Sargent Carrot's wife, Kil, gave birth to her second child. A little earthpony filly. (Name is Kerlig)

Chartity's Journal 6th Sandstone 97

After breaching the caverns for the purpose of repairing Khenal's ceiling, we have decided to not entirely reseal the caverns. We will put a drawbridge up, for if we need to change that decision, but for now, we will alternate shifts between the two militia squads at keeping watch at the entrance. The squad not on duty will be training. This will allow us access to a bounty of cave spider silk, and a source of different types of woods, from what grows on the surface.

Addendum: Some migrants have arrived.

A male earthpony wood cutter and a female unicorn comedian (also, novice woodburner). Only those two. They arrived together but claim not to be together, or even to know each other as more than passing acquaintances.

7th Sandstone 97

I was awoken early this morning when our little possessed filly returned to normal. She doesn't remember doing anything, or any of the time that transpired but she does know that that crown she made is called, The Page of Crowds. It shows Bokbon doing some of her art and also depicts a Darkbolt brutalizing a rodent woman. I've heard it told that when the gods act through ponies to make items, that it is often to impart some wisdom, but I see none in this crown. It is beautiful though.

Charity's Journal 23rd Sandstone 97

Our reservoir is finished, the mayor's office has the lever to dis/enable the water flow, to keep it full. Now we just need to wait for the water level to rise.

2nd Timber 97

A number of amphibian men attacked some ponies in the caverns. The markspony squad made quick work of them. I'm told Sargent Carrot bashed one to death with his *honey badger bone crossbow*. It's easy to see why they call him Psycho Carrot.

3rd Timber 97

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New pony in game description!

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 27, 2011, 08:04:29 am »

Dear Diary, entry 4
Good news! Carrot seems to be happy again as his wife has given birth to a lovely cute baby foal!
Miss Charity has been very kind to us medical workers and built us a new reservoir of water after i told her about the muddy well water.
Bubbles
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:59:49 am by ansontan2000 »

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 27, 2011, 09:38:35 am »

Hey book! Mr. Toltot came in today.
He had a broken wing! I guess he can't go to the doctor hu.  There wasn't any krovvy on the outside so nopony noticed.  I took some plaster and stuff from the stockpile so we could put a cast on it.  He knew some doctor stuff, but I hope I didn't do anything wrong.  He didn't really flinch or anything. He said that this isn't the first time he had a wing broken.  Other diomedes didn't like the color of his coat, so they beat him up a lot.  I viddy why he moved here then. 
He said Mr. Enog was where he got hurt!  I hope he's OK too.  I'm sure he will be though.

I just saw Mr. Enog book.  He wasn't Ok. He asked me to tell his family he loves them. 
Still can't get that door open.  Stupid black vine things. Mr. Munest was there though, so he will look after him.  I'm glad I found him again.

-

Remember that unicorn filly I told you about before book?
Well something weird happen today while we were playing hide and sneak with Bubble (Ms. Ironya's son, not the doctor).  She's dubby-dobby at that game, so it takes us forever to find her.  Then I got the idea to use one of the spells Khenal taught me! It was a locator spell that makes a line to where the pony your trying to find is.  It was super hard and I didn't do it very dobby, so the line weaved all over the mesto. Along the way, I govoreeted about when Mr. Bokbon made this great crown, that story of Toltot's brother and that vermin-cheena thing, and I tripped over some dirt root somepony left lying on the ground!  Eventualy, we found her, but she had a blank stare, and ran off saying she had to do something.  It was rude, but I guess she forgot to do her chores.  I do that sometimes too, so it's OK.

-------------------------
Sweet Luna I love writing nadsat!  It Just feels... good, you know?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:44:00 am by thetyler101 »

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 27, 2011, 09:42:04 am »

Dear Diary, entry 5
I will have to reveal my secret soon to miss Charity, she seems to understand it.
I can use magic.
Khenal and Miss Charity as the only others i know here, aside from that strange foal.
I'm going to tell her straight away, so maybe she can help me control my gift.
Bubbles
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats right, i just forced you all to teach me magic and roleplay XD
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 665