Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281258 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #315 on: October 24, 2011, 09:36:50 pm »

"PLEASE, AT LEAST JUST KNOCK ME OUT! I CAN'T TAK-"
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 24, 2011, 09:56:09 pm »

Venture, startled by Carrots screaming and finding herself teleported back to the hospital, jumps up ad runs to her brother, knocking the table Carrot is strapped to over.

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 24, 2011, 09:57:50 pm »

"Hello mind warper! It's a good day for honour!" Friesden stabs herself again in the chest, and as the blood starts coming she raises a quill to dip it in the blood, and she writes.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 24, 2011, 10:01:16 pm »

Charity catches the falling table with magic, and rights it. Dr. Erok, hurries to our patient with a cruel looking primitive, (and probably anachronistic) needle, in his earth pony mouth "This will put you to sleep Carrot." He says as he tries to inject the screaming pony.

"Venture? When did you get here?" A confused Charity mumbles trying to make sense of this all this chaos and discord.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 24, 2011, 10:13:52 pm »

I magic the scalpel from Friesden with all my might, embedding it in the wall behind me.  She's bleeding from so many wounds, what do I do? 

"I'm sorry Friesden."  was all the warning she got as I magicked her unconscious.

"I guess mental magic really isn't past my skills after all.  Time to get you to the hospital, before you bleed out."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 24, 2011, 10:16:50 pm »

"N-N-NEEDLE?! AAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!"
Psycho, being traumatized of needles, begins to try to break free, and because the unholy strength is still in his body, he is succeeding so far.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:05:11 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 24, 2011, 10:19:03 pm »

"Charity, I think we should do this some other time. Like tomorrow morning or something, I don't know."
Patryle looks over to a very confused looking Venture.
"I think you should head home sis, again, I guess... the hell? Whatever! It's past your bedtime."
"O-OK brother."
Alright get going, and Ms. Charity, please just jab carrot! It's hard engulf to sleep with the pain without him screeching his head off... more than usual."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 24, 2011, 10:23:26 pm »

"Okay Peytral we'll talk in the morning." Charity helps to restrain Carrot, with her magic. If that is successful, she will head down to the prison block, likely seeing Khenal, rushing up with an unconscious and bleeding Friesden, she will then follow them. And after our crazy nurse is the capable hooves of the doctor. She will ask Khenal for details about what's happened.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 24, 2011, 10:25:07 pm »

Finally, after all the trauma that Psycho has been through, he has a heart attack and passes out.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 02:05:18 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 24, 2011, 10:27:41 pm »

"Gezz, I hope he didn't have another heart attack."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 24, 2011, 10:47:51 pm »

Khenal's Book, Chapter 36

Maybe I haven't failed them, after all.  At least not permanently.  I should get the details for what happened today down, it was very busy. 

I had sent Venture in to try to help Friesden alone.  I heard yelling and ran in to see Sergent Carrot also trying to talk to Friesden, trying to calm her down.  Friesden would have nothing to do with me, I appeared to only be making the situation worse.  Commander Starkey knocked on the door and asked for Venture.  I told him she was here and I'd lead her to her parents.  They were apparently in the hospital where Peytrel had just regained conciousness.  I left, feeling like an utter failure.

I wrote the last chapter in you, my Book, while waiting outside of Peytrel's room.  I felt I should apologize to her parents for taking off with Venture so suddenly.  Mrs. Charity appeared and told me to follow her into Peytrel's room.  I didn't really hear what Charity and Peytrel were talking about, I was feeling too morose.  I only came to my senses when Carrot started yelling from the next bed, which he had apparently been strapped to.  I hadn't even noticed him being brought in.  And then I saw his Red Eyes.

Something absolutely malevolent was trying to take over Sergent Carrot!  This is where the details get really fuzzy, my Book.  I remember trying to do something with my magic, and saying something, but it's all a blur.  I remember seeing Friesden in her cell, bleeding all over, and then I remember handing her to Dr. Erok. 

Charity asked me for details, and I can't remember what I said to her.  It apparently satisfied her, she didn't call me a liar or accuse me of using magic on her at least.

Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 24, 2011, 10:50:07 pm »

Last written message in Friesden's new diary

No...no mercy. Weak... They were all weak. Cattle... Cattle to the slaughter.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 24, 2011, 10:53:33 pm »

((CLEVER, THOSE ARE QUOTES FROM NIHILANTH IN HALF LIFE!))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 24, 2011, 10:55:11 pm »

((CLEVER, THOSE ARE QUOTES FROM NIHILANTH IN HALF LIFE!))

((Huh. Maybe I should try and find a copy of that at some point. Maybe playing it might make the second make a bit more sense.)

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 24, 2011, 11:13:39 pm »

Charity's Jounal (edit) 20th Felsite 97(/edit)

Today, was, unusual to say the least. It started with a member of the guard knocking on my office door. He told me that Ms. Friesden's Diary had been found, and that it showed a disturbed mind tearing itself apart, and that in it she states that she committed the murder. I went to the prison block to confirm this with Khenal, and then to likely have to banish Friesden, into either the caverns or the jungle.

However, that's when everything went to hell. First, on the way down I heard screaming from the cell block. I galloped down and saw Starkey standing over the unconscious body of Sargent Carrot. I later found out that Carrot had gone berserk and Starkey had restrained him. The commander took him to the doctors and restrained him. I talked with my friend Friesden and it was clear to me that she was unhinged. She's been writing all over her walls like a deranged animal. She said that Khenal had been controlling her and that Peytral had told her so. I gathered, Khenal and Peytral and tried to talk to them about these claims.

But then Carrot awoke with fire in his eyes like a pony possessed by the darkest powers. Khenal restrained him and then he and I were about to try and exorcise this influence from the Sargent. But before we could start his eyes and voice returned to normal. The Sargent then seemed to remember what he'd been trying to do, he was terrified and angry and begging to die. Dr. Erok and I subdued the Sargent and sedated him. He's still asleep last I knew.

Khenal ran off to Friesden's side. Peytral asked to talk more tomorrow, as he needed to rest.

Khenal was found carrying Friesden's unmoving and bleeding body to the hostpital. She had tried to commit suicide, with a scalple she had found. Her cell was searched, and the offending scalple removed, a tag tied to it had the word "Honor" written on it, barely readable under the blood. A gift? From who?

At this point I was ready to retire and run home to the waiting hooves of Cryptson and Adamant and Cobalt, but that was not to be. Turns out while this craziness was going on the whole fort was suffering. I have fort full of scared ponies demanding explanations, for everything from floating things, statues turning back to uncut stone. tower turning pink and then back to normal, vegetables sprouting faces and laughing at the cooks, a flying pink earth pony in the dinning area with spinning eyes, and a thousand other nonsensical things. I spent hours running damage control and trying to keep the calm. Gods save us were doing more to tear ourselves apart then the damnable Diomedians could ever hope to do.

But everything seems calm now. Seems we can get back to business as usual.

And now that I've recorded everything, Cryptson and I can finally retire to our bed. The waterfall he made for us is so comforting.

(Well that was interesting.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 11:20:59 pm by KingStrongbeard »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 665