Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281251 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #330 on: October 24, 2011, 11:21:03 pm »

((BEST. ROLEPLAY. EVER!))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 24, 2011, 11:51:17 pm »

I agree, it was excellent!  And exhausting :P  It'll be nice to get back to relatively normal postings for a bit.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 24, 2011, 11:54:04 pm »

(Time to continue on with the fortress as normal I guess then)

Charity's Journal 28th Felsite 97

Summer is officially begun now. Hard to tell the difference, it's always hot and humid in the Failed Jungles. Fortunately nothing unusual has happened since the 20th. Friesden has recovered from her attempted suicide. Her wounds looked worse than they are.

Cryptson's acting depressed and is spending all his time with Grifen digging out more and more underground tree farm space, but it isn't unusual for him to throw himself into his work when somethings bothering him.

Report on injured ponies. Peytral isn't looking good. He's become infected, in all of his wounds, and was to feverish to talk to me when I last visited him. Venture and DaringSky are spending all their time with him. I hope the kid pulls through. He was always such a good boy. Even if I think he's wrong about Khenal.

Tecak's injuries are least sever. He's going to be released as soon as his cast is applied.

Osal, isn't looking good though. His wounds are extensive, he'll be down for months even if he does recover, and with two broken wings, one of which is developing an infection. He might not ever fly again.

Doctor Erok and Doctor Alen are doing their best.

Pycho Carrot was released from the hospital today and reported to Captain Otik for training, as he seems to have calmed down enough. Although Starkey had him flying laps instead of the archery practice Otik had planned, something about a peasant remark.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 25, 2011, 12:24:03 am »

Charity's Journal 9th Hematite 97

Cryptson and mine's tomb was finished this afternoon. It is beautiful. Carved into a layer of solid marble. In the center two gem studded clear glass coffins for him and myself. Surrounded by statues, of the founding of Glitterglen, of the gods, and of many heroes, both of legend, and of Glitterglen herself.

10th Hematite 97

Snatcher! Protect the Children! That was the cry that interrupted an otherwise peaceful morning. An earth pony mechanic had bumped into a keshi, while strolling on the surface. Both ran in opposite directions, the airborne squad flew out, but promptly lost him in the jungle.

19th Hematite 97

The position of mayor came up for reelection. Since I've had so much free time since I was made Baroness, I ran for the office this year, and I won! I think the damage control I had to do during the events of the 20th of Felsite helped in that.

25th Hematite 97

Peytral has been released. His wounds have been sutured, his bones set, and splints applied. The doctors have done all they can for him, now his body just has to fight off that infection on it's own. First thing he did when he was released was get right back to work. He's one tough pony.

(And I think I'm done for now. Will continue tomorrow.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 06:51:30 am by KingStrongbeard »

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 25, 2011, 01:40:24 pm »

Meanwhile, back on the atrial plan of the gods, a desperate trixter god was trying to bribe his way out of a very tight situation.
"Come on!  I'll let you try it for a wile! Cotton-candy clouds!  With chocolate rain! Pleas don't tell him!"
"DADDYYYY!!!"
A clash of thunder, louder than any mortal could comprehend sounded throughout the infinity plane.  On the horizon, a titanic visage appeared.  A Metal giant apron a throne carved of raw Admantium. At its feet, a mountain of demonic sculls, some as large as a house, his defeated foes. His voice was the singing of angles, the screaming of daemons, the pounding of hammers on the anvil of creation, for he was the great one. The God of gods, ARMOK the blood god.
"WHAT TROUBLES YOU MY DAUGHTER."
"Discord is being mean to my worshipers again!"
"IS THAT SO..."
Discord was known for two things, his trickery and love for chaos.  A lesser known aspect was his silver tongue.  He's voice has tempted mortals across the multiverse.  He could turn brave heroes into cowards and convince lepers they were the pinnacle of beauty, and have whole worlds agree with them. In his mind, he had already come up with a thousand and one ways to defend himself, weaving word and verse into an impenetrable shield of twisted logic. What came out of his mouth was this:
"See-I-But-well-I-Umm-but-no-see-it-she-me-umm... yes."
Armok droped the hammer, literally.  A hammer the size the empire state building, made of solid admantium metal, covered in refineries that would send a lesser creature mad in it's divine beauty.  Discord was annihilated to the subatomic level, the very neutrons of his body shattered under the blow.  A slap on the wrist by god standards, but a good thump would teach him his lesson.
"Serves you right you big bully.  Well, I guss I should goapologize for his actions. Better do it in person and-"
"CELESTIA... WE HAVE BEEN OVER THIS WITH YOU AND YOUR SISTER. THAT IS NOT THE WAY OF THE GODS."
"But father!  If you would just let me try, I know I could-"
"CELESTIA I WILL NOT ARGUE ABOUT THIS!"
Celestia hangs her defeat and walks out. "Yes, father."
On the shoulder of the giant metal god, a small horse mare appears in a shower of light. She is Faust, a minor god of a small human nation in some no name universe, and the wife of Armok.  The story of there courtship is as varied as the voices that tell it, but the theme is always the same. Love always finds a way.
"Love, you are too hard on them, you can show compassion once in a wile you know."
"I MUST BE FIRM WITH THEM IF THEY ARE TOO LEARN MY WIFE.  YOU WILL SEE, THIS 'PARADISE' THING IS JUST A PHASE.  IN TIME, THEY WILL BOTH BE THE PROPER DEITIES THEY SHOULD BE."

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 26, 2011, 03:27:28 am »

The following message is displayed in both dinning halls on 3rd Malachite 97.

Memo to all citizens

From the Desk of Charity Conventtulip, Baroness of the Failed Jungles, Mayor of Glitterglen, Chief record keeper of Glitterglen, and Royally Appointed Overseer of The Vermin of Twilight.

Under recommendation from Commander Starkey, effective immediately, the new armories are to be in use. All weapons, (save ammunition which will continue to be stored near the archery ranges) shall be kept behind locked doors. The keys to which are held by Ironya, our weapon-smith, and each militia captain, along with the captain of the guard, and, Stelmith Kebulam (our gem setter has access to the masterwork weapons' storeroom for the purpose of her artwork). Anyone needing access to either armory must get permission from either Commander Starkey, Captain Otik, or Guard Captain Khenal, and sign out, what was taken/stored, with our Bookkeeper, Charity Conventtulip. Note, that this does not change the militia and guard's policies of remaining armed at all times in case of emergency.

Failure to comply will be considered a criminal offense punishable by no less than 3 months imprisonment.

Chairty's Journal 21st Malachite 97

That's her third child, she and Firelordsky have been really busy. Guess it's understandable, with our shortage of metal she winds up with nothing to do most days, short of the occasional spear sharpening (Pun mostly unintended). This one's a little earthpony, just like his dad. Name is Vathem.

24th Malachite 97

Osal was released from the hospital today. It's very fortunate that he has recovered enough to walk around. I will admit though, with the wound dressings on all four legs and both wings, along with wooden splints on each. It's kind of funny to watch him hobble around. It's not nice, I shouldn't laugh, but well, it just looks so damn ridiculous. If I were him, I'd take a few more weeks of bed rest and not have to look like a fool.

25th Malachite 97
A pair of ponies has arrived at our gates. A unicorn mare hammerer (she is excited about joining the guard) and her daughter another unicorn along with her, the foal is just about a year old. No father is with them however.

4th Galena 97
My third child was born this morning. A little unicorn filly. She's got her mother's looks. I'm going to name her Belle.

Charity's Journal 13th Galena 97

A caravan from the Zebra civilization of the Triangular Shell has been spotted in the jungle. I hope they brought Iron. Adamant's hoping they brought a storyteller, as he isn't really old enough to remember the last time, he was less than a year old then, but Venture's been telling him about them and their illusion magics, and he can't wait to see them. I loved those old pony tales when I was little, I might sneak down and hear a few stories with the kids if I have time.

20th Galena 97

I had a brief conversation with the Zebra Diplomat. It would have been a pleasant chat had she not started it with what I'm pretty sure was an insult.

I Am Not a Dwarf!

28th Galena 97

Fortunately our little misunderstanding, did not effect Bokbon's ability to negotiate a good deal for a lot of metal, raw gems, exotic foods, leather, and cloth.

Additionally, according to my calender, an import from the capital, today is the first day of Autum. Hopefully as "Winter" approaches the heat will die down a little.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 26, 2011, 03:35:16 am »

Friesden's New Diary

Failed.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 26, 2011, 06:00:41 am »

I...I...
No comment.
What an AWESOME story!
Could you dorf me as a doctor?
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 26, 2011, 06:14:06 am »

I...I...
No comment.
What an AWESOME story!
Could you dorf me as a doctor?

Glad you have enjoyed reading it so far. Yeah, I'll pony you as one of our two, not yet imprisoned doctors.

We have Doctor Erok, a male earthpony, who is our current chief medical pony, (He does the diagnosing and wound dressing, and surgery although Friesden is slightly better at that then him.) he has no other jobs so if no one is hurt he's always available to bring somepony water) and we have a female unicorn nurse, (she does the bone setting, and unless Friesden is released do to plot related things. The suturing) she is also a legendary engraver when no one needs medical attention, she's the one I called Doctor Alen in an earlier post.

Which pony would you like, and what name would you like? Just your user name, minus the numbers of course, or something else?

Edit: Or if you prefer, and I realize it would be a little unorthodox. You could take one pony and claim them without changing the name, as they have both been talked about before, and neither have particularly difficult or unusual names. Your call, I don't want you to think I'm pushing that decision.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 06:21:05 am by KingStrongbeard »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 26, 2011, 06:22:06 am »

Is Friesden still in the cell?
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 26, 2011, 06:30:59 am »

Is Friesden still in the cell?

Uh, yeah, been using a burrow, along with assigning her a dinning room and bedroom inside it to keep her there, has worked well so far.

While one could argue that since she seems to no longer be possessed we should let her out, and I'll entertain that idea, I haven't done so yet, because the character's don't know that Discord "cut the strings" so I hadn't released her yet.

Additionally, she tried to kill herself, got to protect her from herself after all.

Although, if Khenal, or someone else (not Sargent Psycho Carrot, but someone sane, sorry The Master, no offense) comes to Charity and says they think it's safe to let her out, she would go along with it, if only to get Friesden back in the game in a less confining way.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 06:36:28 am by KingStrongbeard »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 26, 2011, 06:39:23 am »

Oh, I did so hope you'd say yes.

Friesden's new journal.

Justice.

Let this be the implement of release.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 26, 2011, 10:09:47 am »

Sorry for the late reply. Wasn't expecting one so soon, you guys are really active!
Yeah, my name really wouldn't fit in.
Could you take the Chief Medical Dwarf Pony and renamed him Bubbles? For whatever reason that seems to be the only thing that comes to my mind while reading about Medical Ponies.
Oh, btw, can you give me some tips on running a Pony Fortress? I always manage to screw up in the first or second year, REALLY taking away that feeling that i'm good at DF.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:12:22 am by ansontan2000 »
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 26, 2011, 11:41:57 am »

Notebook of Ironya:

Entry 6: I have three children now. I called my newborn son Vathem, but I wonder if I shouldn't rename him in tribute to one of our militia ponies. Hmm, I would have to ask my husband first. Last time I spoke with him, he wasn't very fond of all the madness surrounding Friesden, Khenal and others. Maybe he just longs for peaceful, obscure earthpony village like the one in which he grew up.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 26, 2011, 12:34:00 pm »

Hey book.
I couldn't help Dr. Friesden.  Those strings were too strong.  Way too strong.  Like, the spell Khenal showed me wouldn't work.  I couldn't do a thing and everypony started yelling and, they sent me away.
I got to see my brother though! He was still hurt, but he was OK! And he's a real hero! I ran back to my room to get some party stuff like confetti and some cloth streamers and stuff from Toltot's birthday.  I guess I was super tired, cuss I fell asleep, and mommy took me home.  I woke up in the hospital again though. I don't know why.

-

My Brother is feeling super sick now book.
 The doctor said he has an infection and a fever. I don't know what an infection is, but I had a fever once, and it was terrible, and his is even worse. Me and Sky are right here though, so nothing bad happens!  Were helping Doctor Alen get water and help wash his wounds and stuff.  It's really bad doing that cause it hurts him. Hes always mumbling crazy stuff, and sometimes scary stuff too.  I tried to tell him that I know Khenal didn't do anything bad, but I don't know if he can even hear me.  Mr. Osal is even worse too. 
Mabby I can prey to the sisters to help them, but you have to sacrifice something to ask a god to do something.  I don't have anything that a god would like.  Please be OK brother.

-

Big Bros OK!!  Hes up and walking and everything! YAY!  I knew preying to the sisters without something to give would still work.  Those royal ponies back home were stupid.  I bet celestia and luna never even get that stuff.
Big bro listened to me about Khenal.  I'm not sure he bevels me for some weird reason, but he said he would talk to Ms. Charity.
O, Ms. Charity is the mayor now too!  I'm not surprised, she can be bossy and a grump sometimes, but she runs our fort better than any-pony could.

-

There are a lot of other fillies in the fort nowadays. Even more than before too.  Ms. Ionya Had another filly, and there was that big tough looking mare with the unicorn filly.  She's fun to play tag with!  Also, Ms. Charity has another on the way my mom says.
I wan't to go see Dr. Friesden and try again, but nopony will let me! I know I could fix her if I try again! I bet that would get rid if the chains on Khenal too!

-

A caravan of zebras came today. DaringSky was off like an arrow when he heard, chanting 'story teller! story teller!' the whole time! He loves listening to stories about other places, especially the ones about heroes and adventurers. I tell him stories about Greywings and the stuff he did, like how he saved me, and helped the other ghosts and battled the huge cave worm. Ya, I made some stuff up.  Mom's worried that he might run of and be an adventurer some day, but he's too smart to do something like that!
Also, I've been helping Toltot fit in!  He had really bad manners and stuff, but I teach him how to be a good pony. He calls be his 'itsy droogy'.  he has all sorts of funny words, me and my friends like to use them a lot! It's fun and the adults can't tell what we say!  Viddy you marrow book!

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 665