Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281559 times)

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #930 on: November 10, 2011, 12:15:53 am »

"My amulets?" Charity looks confused, "Is this all because I had a few ponies flogged. They broke the law, and the cells where full, they had to be punished somehow, so I drew lots, it was only fair. Besides it isn't like I had them executed. I'm not a monster. What is this really about."

(Charity thinks she's telling the truth. Earlier it was said that Friesden, [the deamon inside her actually] had caused the beatings to be to death. Charity ordered floggings, not executions, although only Khenal would know what she asked for, as she would have passed the order through him.")

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 10, 2011, 12:17:27 am »

I rush over to where Khenal's voice came from,
"By Celestia's mane, you're ok! You have no idea what I've been through!"
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 10, 2011, 12:21:30 am »

"Are you alright? I heard fighting, what happened?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 10, 2011, 12:22:32 am »

A voice calls out from the assembled soldiers.

"You clopping liar! My Bokbon is dead! you murdered her, you bitch!"

Waves of anger ripple through the assembled ranks. Starkey raises a hoof.

"SIIIII-LENCE!"
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 10, 2011, 12:25:38 am »

Psycho drew in a deep breath, then said,
"Starkey's turned on us! He sent the whole militia after Celestia! He had his men literally knock down her door! I protected her until her husband arrived on the scene! Then I realized that I needed your help, so I had to charge through the entire militia-filled hallway to get here!"
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 10, 2011, 12:27:22 am »

Charity thinks back and remembers Bokbon was on the list of those to receive floggings instead of jail time.

"Bokbon...Murdered...What what has happened?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 10, 2011, 12:27:45 am »

A voice echoes in Khenal's head...the voice of the daemon.

"Now, if I could have that popcorn back, I'm hoping to get a front seat view to the chaos. Come on! Let's see how you settle the situation!"
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 10, 2011, 12:30:06 am »

Noticing that something is deeply troubling Khenal, I say,

"Khenal, you're not yourself! I know you're in jail, but something much more horrible must be bothering you if you have that kind of look! You look like you've been to hell and back!"
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 10, 2011, 12:32:17 am »

"Bokbon Shigosotil and Nanges Lisigbol. Both dead, beaten to death by your thugs. Thundersplinter may join them: she clings to life in the infirmary as we speak."
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: November 10, 2011, 12:33:54 am »

'Shut up, Schmoe!'

"Uh...what?  Starkey has been helping me round up the guard to make sure that memory eater's influence didn't get extended too far.  It's not surprising that he'd go to arrest Charity as well, the daemon may have gotten to her."

"Wait, literally knocked her door down?  Uh-oh.  Bokbon was part of the militia, and the militia would have been sent to arrest her!  If the ponies sent were his friends..."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 10, 2011, 12:41:38 am »

"Beaten, to death?" Charity looks horrified, "I, I would never give an order like that. And even if I were the kind of pony to order executions over bucking amulets, do you really think I would choose Thudersplinter to be on the list, she's one of my oldest friends. And Nanges, poor Nanges is, was, one of my favorite artists, I have his work in both my office and my dining room and all over my family's tomb. Do you really think I'd have them killed over so little, you clopping horsefly, think about the accusations you are making. Starkey we've known each other for years, do you really believe me capable of this."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 10, 2011, 12:43:21 am »

"Funny story...I may have thrown said door at the lieutenant and knocked her all the way to the other side of the hall."
All of a sudden I sputter and say, "MEMORY EATER?! WHAT'RE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!"

((I was still tied to the weapon racks during the whole changing hosts scene))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 10, 2011, 12:50:35 am »

"Come on, it'll be fun! I bet her head gets caved in at two bucks. Friesden thought one, but I respect Charity. I think she's tougher than one buck. How about you? I'm sure we could arrange a betting pool."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 10, 2011, 12:55:57 am »

"You threw the... right, you were rounding up the rest of the militia when we met Istlig.  The short version is that there are multiple types of daemons, and some devour memories to gain strength.  This memory eater was particularly powerful and took several ponies as hosts.  It has...been dealt with for now, but there is a large mess to clean.  If you want a fuller version, look for Dr. Bubbles, I'm pretty sure he has my book."

I look Carrot in the eyes.

"You are one of my friends and I would like you to read it as well, Carrot.  My story is a bit...complicated, and I'd quickly loose my voice repeating it to everypony who deserves to know.  And I hope you will still be my friend after you read it."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 10, 2011, 01:02:11 am »

Smiling, I say "I already know. Remember when I said I had gotten some of your memories? I know all about what you did, and you know what? I don't care. You were doing the right thing, trying to help ponies by casting out the daemons! Oh, did I mention that I was tied to the weapon racks after 'rounding up the militia'?"
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 665