Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281557 times)

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #915 on: November 09, 2011, 11:35:48 pm »

After Commander Starkey our skilled master of the axe in his steel plate, undoubtedly subdues the overzealous marks pony with the axe. Cryptson says. "Criminal!? The only criminal I see is filthy traitor and his platoon of stormtroopers."

At this Charity begins to stir on the ground, but she isn't quite awake yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 09, 2011, 11:36:32 pm »

"You won't be alive forever, Khenal. You'll give in."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 09, 2011, 11:38:55 pm »

((Ok, I just want to say something. I. LOVE. THIS. THREAD!))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 09, 2011, 11:39:15 pm »

The axe finds purchase in the haft of an iron spear, thrust out from the shield wall. The accompanying shield rushes forward, knocking the weapon from his grasp before returning to its rightful place.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:49:53 pm by Impending Doom »
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 09, 2011, 11:44:01 pm »

'Eventually, perhaps.  But the coffin is only my backup.  I hope to have you dealt with long before I have to worry about how my remains are handled.'

The chains finish muzzling the memory eater, silencing it for now.  I carefully examine the bag of "popcorn", hoping to gain insight into what the memories might contain.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 09, 2011, 11:45:50 pm »

"Your a traitor to everypony, Starkey! All of you so called militia are! Cryptson, I think we both know what must be done."
Psycho then wishes that Khenal were here, realizing that he's truly the best friend he ever made. He decides to attempt to barrel through the line of shields, hoping to find the cells.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:47:27 pm by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 09, 2011, 11:47:01 pm »

The first of the memories contains a newspaper, with the date highlighted. The day is an important one for Khenal - it was the day he started his plan to use mind control to stop the daemons from 'controlling' their hosts. As it unfolds, it reveals that the daemon Khenal first tried it on was an important one. The very memory eater in his head. More importantly....

The daemon was pretending.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 09, 2011, 11:50:43 pm »

"Stormtroopers, Mister Cryptson? Is that what you see in us?"

"No, Mister Cryptson. Stormtroopers burn down a schoolhouse full of students because they suspect it might be a supply cache for political dissidents. It wasn't. I went back to check the next day. Stormtroopers have their way with a single mother, barely even a woman herself, whose only crime was that she spoke ill of a duke's grandson."

He strides confidently towards Cryptson and Charity, his voice taking on a tone of contempt and disgust.

"Stormtroopers flog a defenseless mare to death in broad daylight, because their leader lost a few of her pretty baubles."
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 09, 2011, 11:54:07 pm »

Friesden's Diary

Hmmm. Well. So it goes. I'm guessing so.

If only we were Friesden.

Friesden's new diary.

Ponies have been shouting at me all day. I try to ignore them, but they hurt. I can't bear their touch. Please, whatever there is out there, let it stop!

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 10, 2011, 12:00:17 am »

I recoil at the memory, reflexively pouring more energy into the binding of the memory eater.  I glare at the fiend.

'You are a sneaky one, Schmoe.'

I place a memory seal on the popcorn, hoping that sealing the memories will weaken the memory eater and grant me more time to deal with the fiend properly.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 10, 2011, 12:02:22 am »

"Wha, what," stutters Cryptson, "She...she would never do that."

Chairty's eyes open, her head is throbbing, she can't quite remember why she's on the floor, until she looks around and sees the scene in front of her.

"C...Commander? What? What is going on? Otik hit me and..." Charity's line of thought is lost, before, "You! You are behind this. Why Starkey!? Is this all just to grab some power for yourself? You, who couldn't even make it in the real army as a lousy city guard and were sent out here to die with the rest us. And I trusted you anyway, and this is how you repay me. And where is Khenal? Did you have to arrest him too?"

Edit: Corrections
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:09:16 am by KingStrongbeard »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 10, 2011, 12:03:02 am »

The daemon sighs in relief. "Oh, that does feel good, my friend. You have no idea how bad the amount of memory you can hold gets. Sooner or later, you just want to forget...but you never can. Once more, you have aided me."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 10, 2011, 12:07:17 am »

((Starkey was never a soldier until Glitterglen. He was a city guard when he was banished.))

"Oh, she wouldn't would she? Why don't you tell him yourself, countess? Tell him about your precious amulets."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 10, 2011, 12:08:45 am »

((apparently I got through, seeing that nobody stopped me.))

I make it to the cells and yell, "Khenal! Where are you?"
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 10, 2011, 12:13:29 am »

My glare intensifies for a few moments, before I simply roll my eyes and ignore the memory eater.  The binding should keep it from doing anything but annoy me, at least for now.

In my cell, my eyes open and take a few moments to focus again.

"...Being in a cell is really boring, wow."

I prick up my ears, listening for the sounds of fighting.

"No more fighting, at least.  I really hope that's a good thing.  Huh, Carrot?"

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 665