Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281578 times)

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #960 on: November 10, 2011, 02:42:19 am »

From the diary of ThunderSplinter,
{After seeing Bubbles try to thread a hawser into a crochet needle, ThunderSplinter begins writing}

This is the last will and testament of ThunderSplinter, being of sound mind and .... well mind anyway.  {Another glare at Bubble when he drops the needle}  It seems my time is up and I need to put my affairs in order.

To Khenal, I bequeath my family's heirloom ☼chisel☼ and *mallet*, hoping that he honours them with honest, hard work.
To Friesden, I hope she accepts my ☼bed☼ for her comfort and ☼lapping stone☼ to keep her scalpels sharp.

{There is a disturbance and ThunderSplinter sighs as Bubbles attends to a filly with an ingrown eyelash, anything to put off the moment when her life is in his hooves}

There is not much left to show for my life, most of my possessions were left behind when I was exiled.  My word and work speak for me, and in that, I leave Charity an apology - when filling in for a sick hauler and taking that bin to the depot, I did not realise that it contained contraband.  And now, Bubbles is waiting for me to finish this entry so he can start to operate, I pray that I survive the operation as well as I have survived the injuries thus far.

ThunderSplinter.

Final instructions - keep this document in the bookkeeper's office to be executed in the event of my passing.

{OOC - the s-caps were great, KingStrongbeard, It's nice to have some sort of perspective of where things are happening.

Darkening Kaos cancels lurking - interupted by avalanche of posts

Keep up the entertaining read, guys}
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: November 10, 2011, 02:45:14 am »

((One word good sir. Brilliant.))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 10, 2011, 02:47:13 am »

Starkey wheels on the countess, and for the first time he locks eyes with her. What he finds, he does not expect: Sincerity. She isn't lying to him. Horror. She didn't want this. And perhaps a little... remorse? Something inside him breaks. this... this is wrong, this is all wrong. Starkey finds that his hindlegs can no longer support him. He falls to his haunches and sits in silence for a while, the countess, her husband, and the whole military of Glitterglen never taking their eyes from him.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 10, 2011, 02:48:29 am »

"Are you alright, Carrot?  I mean, ya, it's a huge thing I just dropped on you, but now you know why I tried to keep it to myself.  I don't want to make you worry.  But now you do know, so you can help me, let me know if I start acting wrong.  We can't let it hurt anypony else.  Please, Carrot."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 10, 2011, 02:52:51 am »

"Khenal, I know what honour means. He's tricking you. The daemon is in him still. Keep us in this nice safe cell, why don't you? Khenal? The daemon knows me, and I can tell you he is too powerful for you to handle. Just stay in the cell, don't let him near."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 10, 2011, 02:55:54 am »

I slowly get back up. "Urrrggg...I feel like something cracked my head open, then ate it, died, caught on fire...you get the ideas...URRRG" I vomit.
"Anyway...I'm fine. Just don't forget to honor. RAH! why do I keep saying that?!"
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 10, 2011, 02:58:31 am »

'I am staying in this cell, because this whole mess is at least partially my fault!  And all that "honour" business was you!'

"Uh, maybe you should go lay down, Carrot.  And apologize to the lieutenant for, um, knocking her out with a door?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 10, 2011, 02:59:21 am »

"I'm fine! Whatever is left of that being is...honor...SHUT UP!!!!!!"
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 10, 2011, 03:02:40 am »

"No, it wasn't. I used it once or twice here, to disguise my presence...you know why. But that daemon...well, he created it. It's his calling card. Just stay in the cell. Against the wall. Don't try to find anything. There's probably a blade here with honour on it. That's his calling card. He gets ponies to go crazy and want to kill themselves. Don't try it, Khenal."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 10, 2011, 03:07:02 am »

Psycho loses all the fear in his face, replaced by an eerie calmness.
"I can hear you, and he's right. Honor. Oh, did I mention that all the sharp objects in the hospital have honor on them now?"
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 10, 2011, 03:10:40 am »

"Maybe...just stop talking?"

'Huh, you actually sound scared, Schmoe.  And wouldn't my death get you your freedom?'

I then notice Carrot's expression change.

"Uh..."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 10, 2011, 03:11:34 am »

"He'd eat me alive. Stay away from him. Call for help. Just don't get near him. Hear me?"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 10, 2011, 03:15:21 am »

Khenal hears a clamor from nearby. Many ponies are walking quite noisily down the hall just outside.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 10, 2011, 03:16:37 am »

I grab the key, WHICH WAS HANGING NEXT TO KHENAL'S CELL, and unlock the cell.
I speak to khenal in a mocking tone "Now, Schmoe, you sound so scared. What ever happened to Mr. 'I can posses multiple bodies at once!'? Aww, you poor thing. I can tell you still have the strength to control this pathetic pony. So, do it."
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 10, 2011, 03:18:55 am »

"HELP!"

My horn glows brightly as I hold my cell door closed with all my strength.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 665