Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32

Author Topic: Woman of /Ambition/ - Update 8, I Delayed This Long For This?  (Read 39140 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Man of /Ambition/ - Suggestion Game
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2011, 09:27:06 am »

Armok: To answer OOC since you-the-character designed all that stuff, no. The Teleporter takes the whole person and the Thaumatank interface is a mix of mundane and connecting to a person's mana, not their brainmeats.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2011, 10:04:31 am »

Things

Much additional info in first post. Shall I move ahead with LordSlowpoke's command? I would like at least for someone to second it or to present an alternative but I'm not in the mood to wait <_<
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 04:43:53 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2011, 10:06:36 am »

According to everything we know he's just a guy who got the position by chance, not skill. If he pledges allegance, release him, if he dosen't, dump him into the wastelands. With some basic survival gear if we can afford handing it out.
I second this notion, but I'd like to ask his own underlings what they think of their (former) boss before making a decision.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2011, 10:06:57 am »

Yeah, I second Lord Slowpoke's command. Exactly what I would have done.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2011, 10:35:55 am »

"What did you think of your leader?" you ask the captured/surrendered/defected soldiers.

"He... was definitely someone who was in charge here," one of the surrendered soldiers replies evasively.
"If he had any ambition, we could have put the factories in here to use and become a regional power," one of the turncoats spat. "That's why we decided to join up with you."
"Factories?"
"Yeah. We're not the first people to inhabit The Shell. There's an underlevel to he city with factories I'd bet you could refit to produce almost anything you needed. Materials would be the real problem, but there are foundries and such down there, as well.
"Sir, did you know about these...?"
You smile.
Lastly, you consult one of those who only stopped their (halfhearted) resistance when you brought out their leader.
"Honestly? I don't even know what title he's supposed to have," one of the fiercer fighters - an officer, you suspect - confesses. "We just call him James. He's a good enough administrator. Honestly, I'd rather not endanger all the families living in The Shell by using it as a center for a war effort... but if you're going to, I'd like to help head up whatever defense force we have. Also, do try to have mercy on James. He's a good man, if less than exceptional in performing his duties."
You nod.

"I've made my decision." Everything goes silent. A crowd has formed to watch. "James, I don't think anything needs to change here and I don't think you need to die. If you're willing to serve under me, you can be the executor of my will in this city. Your duties will be the same, but you will answer to me. Furthermore, we'll be retooling the resources beneath The Shell to support our war effort. Of course, I'm not a barbarian: if you don't accept our offer, you'll be exiled, but you will receive survival gear and adequate rations to serve your journey to one of the relatively nearby towns." You extend your hand to the kneeling former administrator. "So, are you willing to join us?"

James the Administrator takes your hand and you haul him to his feet. "I couldn't burden my family with the journey to another town across this wilderness."

"He has a family?" one of the soldiers in his retinue asks. James shoots him a withering glare, met by a sheepish grin in return.

+2 Respect, +2 Loyalty, -1 Fear

The spectacle done, your favored Elite takes you aside for a moment and whispers to you.
"Commander, if you're up for a speech, we might be able to get more of The Shell on our side for the effort if we can give them a real cause to fight for. If you don't want to do that, we can start some preliminary recruiting and retooling of those factories."

What do you do?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2011, 10:44:38 am »

Okay, this is a good start on our appearance. We want a People's Revolution here, I think. It will garner the interest of less experienced fighters, but we're evidently looking to overcome them with tech anyway, so that's not important.

But I don't think they want to hear about that just yet. We're running a conquest, but if people think we're running a full-scale "take on the big-timers," conquest they're not gonna wanna do it. I'm not sure what we tell them instead, but certainly not that we're gunning for the big cities, in time. We only tell them that when we get there.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2011, 11:41:20 am »

Make a speech about killing those damn cyber-commies from neighboring settlements, and secure the factories and foundries.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2011, 11:42:43 am »

Make a speech about killing those damn cyber-corporations from neighboring settlements, and secure the factories and foundries.
Remember, the apocalypse killed the communists off.

Also, are we ever going to decide on a character?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2011, 11:44:15 am »

NO IT DIDN"T THOSE GODDAMN CYBER COMMIES ARE STILL ALIVE! WE MUST HAVE REVENGE ON THEM FOR THEIR EVIL COMMUNISM!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2011, 12:01:26 pm »

NO IT DIDN"T THOSE GODDAMN CYBER COMMIES ARE STILL ALIVE! WE MUST HAVE REVENGE ON THEM FOR THEIR EVIL COMMUNISM!

Er.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2011, 12:02:01 pm »

YES.

Note: this may or may not be caused due to Cthulhu.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2011, 12:17:17 pm »

All random stupidity aside, you still only get one vote, and I'm pretty sure voting about something non-extant removes your vote.

Why don't we find out what they want right now? They're pushing up a living, but what do they need? Space? Food? Vehicles, equipment? Let's find out and promise them that. If they don't need anything, we devote ourselves to their service, in lip at least, and promise them protection (REAL protection) and the ability to acquire what they need or want.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2011, 12:22:37 pm »

Why don't we find out what they want right now? They're pushing up a living, but what do they need? Space? Food? Vehicles, equipment? Let's find out and promise them that. If they don't need anything, we devote ourselves to their service, in lip at least, and promise them protection (REAL protection) and the ability to acquire what they need or want.
Sounds like a good idea, It has my support.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2011, 12:31:46 pm »

You get the strangest inkling of ranting about a thing you've never heard of on account of a name you've never encountered, but shake that nonsense from your head as you consider determining what they need and promising that. That might work... But how to determine what they need? Space isn't a problem - part of why you chose to start with The Shell was its enormous amount of building room in addition to the industrial potential. Food is managed in the internal greenhouses, not a major problem. Vehicles and equipment matter more to you than them. The Shell was a fairly self-sufficient, safe place - which is more than almost anywhere in this wasteland can claim.

You kinda ruined a good thing for them.

Huh.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2011, 12:38:48 pm »

Point out how much safer the place will be now that your great soldiers are here.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32