Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Muscles!

Pressure-Based (Vacuum/Hydraulic)
Filaments (Standard)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 74

Author Topic: Evolution: Origins [Sleek Futuristic Jellyfish][Sporadic Updates!]  (Read 141409 times)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Origins [Ooze]
« Reply #315 on: September 12, 2011, 01:51:11 pm »

I forgot... umm... what I said earlier, I chopped it up a wee bit but same stuff:

Quote from: ashton1993
We might as well remove all the things such as our flagellum, cilia and photo-receptors from ourselves and move them to the outside where they can be used, we should also try and shrink our personal cytoplasm and cell membrane to add them to the shell.

Once we've built up enough resources we should get rid of the amoebae and focus on more on being a traditional 2 layer multi-celled organism so as to make ourselves more efficient and require much less data processing as well as much improved scalability.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 12, 2011, 08:30:33 pm »

Turn 17

You release a small quantity of membrane eaters into your own cell, dissolving your cellular membrane and completely integrating you with the former amoeba. You are now one organism, and a heck of a lot bigger than you used to be. You also commandeer a boatload of Glucose from the former occupant's vacuoles and recycle a bunch of Fat from the cell membranes.

You place the photoreceptors on the underside of the silicon plates and modify half of the amoeba's pseuodpods into enzyme injectors and the other half into flagella. The new additions are evenly dispersed over the orb of the amoeba. Meanwhile, the cilia are embedded in the spaces between the silicon and everything is hooked up to the processor. You also burn some of your new Glucose to make up for much of the Energy you lost.

The cilia are hooked up just in time to feel another vibration in the water. A wave of forces passes through you and much of the debris around you shifts about. The light above dims slightly, then flickers, before returning to its original state. ((No, you are not in a soda.))

Spoiler: Cell Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cell Organelles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nearby (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 12, 2011, 09:07:18 pm »

Head to colony, keep defenses up.  Can we move out of water?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 12, 2011, 09:23:30 pm »

My question is, how far are you willing to take this, Edio? Could we say, go up to the Space Age?  :D
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 12, 2011, 09:25:44 pm »

My question is, how far are you willing to take this, Edio? Could we say, go up to the Space Age?  :D

That's a Looooooooooooong way away.  We're not even a multi-cellular creature, yet. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 12, 2011, 09:27:06 pm »

I like to plan ahead.  8)
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 12, 2011, 10:04:14 pm »

Search for food
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 12, 2011, 11:01:09 pm »

Reinforce the silicon layers beneath the enzyme injectors so that they can be broken off without harming the rest of our substance.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 13, 2011, 05:33:51 am »

I don't see why not. Of course, most of you don't seem to want to be a multicellular creature. :D

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 13, 2011, 05:53:50 am »

Once we have enveloped the entire planet we can propel our glorious single cellular selves across the universe!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 13, 2011, 07:01:32 am »

Envelop... The... Entire Planet!?

You require more Fat.

You must build additional Cytoplasm.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 13, 2011, 07:03:04 am »

We should totally become something like this eventually: http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

> eat fungus

> develop some more permanent, reinforced and much longer pseudopods (maybe 50 μm long and 1 μm radius), which can be moved around by motor proteins inside them controlled by the processor, and have adhesive proteins on the end that can be turned on and of by the processor. There will let us manipulate objects much faster and more exactly then before. 
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 13, 2011, 07:04:26 am »

We should totally become something like this eventually: http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

> eat fungus

> develop some more permanent, reinforced and much longer pseudopods (maybe 50 μm long and 1 μm radius), which can be moved around by motor proteins inside them controlled by the processor, and have adhesive proteins on the end that can be turned on and of by the processor. There will let us manipulate objects much faster and more exactly then before.

I'm no microbiologist, so I'll just go with what Armok said. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 13, 2011, 07:09:11 am »

You don't need to be a microbiologist. Say spikes, and I can find a way to give ye spikes.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 13, 2011, 09:04:00 am »

This is more nanotechnology than microbiology anyway, but the actual difference is a bit fuzzy.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 74