Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Muscles!

Pressure-Based (Vacuum/Hydraulic)
Filaments (Standard)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 74

Author Topic: Evolution: Origins [Sleek Futuristic Jellyfish][Sporadic Updates!]  (Read 141384 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Origins [Ooze]
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2011, 09:47:45 am »

6) start customizing it, this be the turn after since exactly how to do that should be player determined, but it probably involves giving it, that is now us, all the old stuff we had/have.
You are in the process of fully assimilating it, and are on step 6 of the plan set forth by Armok.

Ok...
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 12, 2011, 09:54:59 am »

Ok...?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2011, 10:07:03 am »

Yay!

> get the RNA back into circulation, producing proteins and stuff to keep the cell alive. This essentially makes you the nucleus of the supercell.
> upgrade install the photoreceptors, sensory/chemical cillia, flagellum, and enzyme injector into the cell wall. Hook them up to your data processing organelle
> since you can now depend on this larger cell to provide for you, atrophy "your own" flagellum, sensory etc. Obviously you keep the data for reconstructing them if needed, and you can still be moved around WITHIN the cell like any other organelle

> make thins "official" by simultaneously dividing and making the big cell divide such that one copy of you end up inside each, which translates into the entire super-cell dividing.

###

> This is getting hard to track. Give most larger structures and metastructures their own unique quaternary* address, so that any data processing organell can refer easily to specific things on other cells, most notably OTHER data processing organelles, and send targeted messages to them. Basically an equivalent of the IP system, down to the level of actually using discrete packets of information with a tag attached passed from one system to another until it reaches the right one.

* I think this is the correct term to use? it's not literally RNA or DNA, although the tags IDENTIFYING them probably are.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 12, 2011, 10:07:27 am »

ok... customization, so at the moment we're an organelle made of 3 separate cells the size of the amoeba we're inside, I can roll with that so customization... size of a large bacteria. You know if we're going to stick around for a while in this shell we might as well remove all the things such as our flagellum, cilia and photo-receptors from ourselves and move them to the outside where they can be used, we should also try and shrink our personal cytoplasm and cell membrane to add them to the shell. Then once we've acquired a large reserve of stored energy we can return to our original size and break free as a functioning multicultural creature with muscles and such. Sound like a plan?
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 12, 2011, 10:21:28 am »

except for the "breaking free" part. I think it's a better idea to go multicellular with this new kind of 3+ layer supercell than growing more WITHIN it.

I think people may be confused about the difference between "us" and "it". The difference is a membrane, nothing more and nothing less. The proteins and lipids and everything else are identical on a mathematical level and if I remember correctly you can prove in quantum mechanics that even calling them different objects is wrong. Just start calling the entire supercell ourselves already. "We" should not be any more tempted to "break free" of the amoeba than our nucleus is to "break free" of us.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 12, 2011, 10:34:41 am »

except for the "breaking free" part. I think it's a better idea to go multicellular with this new kind of 3+ layer supercell than growing more WITHIN it.

I think people may be confused about the difference between "us" and "it". The difference is a membrane, nothing more and nothing less. The proteins and lipids and everything else are identical on a mathematical level and if I remember correctly you can prove in quantum mechanics that even calling them different objects is wrong. Just start calling the entire supercell ourselves already. "We" should not be any more tempted to "break free" of the amoeba than our nucleus is to "break free" of us.

Ok, if you want to look at it that way then I'm instead suggesting once we've built up enough resources we get rid of our excess material and focus on more on being a traditional 2 layer multi-celled organism so as to make ourselves more efficient and require much less data processing as well as much improved scalability.
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 12, 2011, 10:40:10 am »

And here I was thinking you were going to partition off different parts of the amoeba to increase your cell count and begin cell specialization. Of course, you could always go the supercell route and end up as a Caulerpa. :D

Edit: Your cell is not an "organelle", it is a functioning cell. You are a multicellular organism, so it is just another cell within a larger cell.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:42:24 am by Edio »

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 12, 2011, 11:54:44 am »

Armok's plan. All of it. DOOO EEEET

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 12, 2011, 12:29:08 pm »

> upgrade install the photoreceptors, sensory/chemical cillia, flagellum, and enzyme injector into the cell wall. Hook them up to your data processing organelle.
> make thins "official" by simultaneously dividing and making the big cell divide such that one copy of you end up inside each, which translates into the entire super-cell dividing.
The amoeba lacks a cell wall and has a silicon shell in which its gelatinous body resides. If you try and divide the cell, things won't be pretty.

Also, no cell-inception. (A cell... within a cell... within a cell...) It is inefficient and way too complex to manage for your cell right now.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 12, 2011, 12:46:59 pm »

Silicon based life forms  :o next you'll start saying all 6 electron-ed thingymajigs can live, you'll be wanting Geranium, tin and lead cells :p hmm... that might actually be possible to have lead cells and stuff although I can't really see it happening in reality ah shucks... and also Inception's a good movie  >:( though I never quite got why people found it confusing its a relatively simple concept I thought. But that movie would make a hugely inefficient cell.

EDIT: and apprently unuhexium cells  ??? if only it could exist in a stable for more than a few microseconds
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:48:59 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 12, 2011, 12:53:58 pm »

Edio, is it possible to evolve into ice cream?

I like ice cream.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 12, 2011, 01:04:05 pm »

Another possible route is to break down the inner cell wall and spilling all our original organelles and nucleus directly into the amoeba.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 12, 2011, 01:13:29 pm »

Um, not sure about the ice cream. It is good though.

Also, the amoeba is not silicon based. There are amoebas in real life that have silicon or calcium shells around them- not silicon based.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 12, 2011, 01:24:54 pm »

Cool cools... hmm having carbon based lifeforms and silicon based lifeforms on the same body would imply genesis had occurred twice on 1 planet which seems rather unlikely though if the Cassini's research on Encyladous (can't spell  :( ) does prove the existence of extraterestial life in our solar system by inference it wouldn't be that far fetched and considering scientists have created a new form of life from scrath I 'spose you could say genesis has occurred twice on Earth... hmm, random musings FTW!   ;)
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 12, 2011, 01:43:33 pm »

So what's your final decision as to the fate of the hapless amoeba?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 74