Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43

Author Topic: Rise of Dragons RTD:Turn 30, For the Evilz  (Read 68468 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Dragons: Another Dragon-themed RTD: Turn 1, Gift of Life
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2011, 03:45:57 pm »

Those aren't buffs, those are the roll bonuses from high/low stats.

Also, you left the Re: in the title, mic.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2011, 03:52:16 pm »

Wow. I'm speechless on how bad his birth was.  :o
Anyways...

Dekoth looks at his mother's corpse, a sadness growing inside him. He looks then towards the light outside the cave. He goes towards the light, hoping nothing else comes out to ruin his day.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2011, 04:03:01 pm »

Those aren't buffs, those are the roll bonuses from high/low stats.

Also, you left the Re: in the title, mic.

oh, well that saves a lot of time then. Strange how the GM is asking questions, but I'm a newb at making games.

Wait, what are the ones with no pluses or minuses?

And yeah, your birth was horrible Nega.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2011, 04:05:48 pm »

The ones with no bonuses, have no bonuses, duh ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2011, 04:07:20 pm »

I mean the yellow numbers next to some of the stats...I feel so stupid asking these questions.

Anyway, making turn.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 04:19:25 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2011, 05:12:00 pm »

I mean the yellow numbers next to some of the stats...I feel so stupid asking these questions.

Anyway, making turn.

I guessed that as being a good/evil type ranking. Not sure though.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2011, 05:26:11 pm »

oh, well that saves a lot of time then. Strange how the GM is asking questions, but I'm a newb at making games.
Nothing wrong with not immediately understanding my organizational system.

I used gold/yellow/gray/black for intimidation/evilness (And future cruelty). Unlike strength, 80 evilness is not uniformly better then 20 evilness. Yellow would give bonuses to 'good' interactions and a penalty for 'evil' interactions. Gray is the opposite. A plus or minus sign didn't seem appropriate.

Stat changes for the turn will be listed after each stat in parenthesis.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2011, 06:36:44 pm »

Turn 2 (Forgive me for the crappy combat; I have no idea on how combat should work)

The Pack

Koraeleth (Yoink)
(2)(3)(2)

Koraeleth stomped hard on the ground, roared, and arched up on his back.

Unfortunately for young Koraeleth, he lost balance when he stomped, and his roar was only passable. When he tried to stand higher to seem more fearsome, He only succeeded in once again falling down, this time on his back. In that moment, his younger brother jumped at him and started his attack

Gravnoth (Haika)

Your brother was a proud fool. He we trying to seem "stronger" and "superior" but all he was doing was making Gravnoth angry. You ready yourself for the pounce, and jump onto your brother!

FIGHT! ( no idea where I'm going with this. Suggestions on combat would be welcome. Help on defence rolls would useful.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Korealth loses -5 toughness and strength for his injuries. Will only last 3 turns.
Gravnoth loses -5 strength for his injuries. Will only last 3 turns

Jaxar (Spaghetti7)

Jaxar saw his brother act tough, thinking he's so powerful and all, pah! Jaxar could break his little head eat beat him with one claw! He even felt like attacking him, but then another of his brothers charged at Korealth and fought. Jaxar took this time to roar and establish himself as dominant (6). Jaxar's roar is magnificent and loud, It can be heard echoing off the walls. All of your brothers, besides the two too busy in combat, flinched and looked at you. Truly you have the voice of power. Then out of no where, you feel pain in your legs. You see the source; your brother bit your leg! It hurt and maybe even bled!

You lose 5 hp

Kefka (Firelordsky)

Kefka was perplexed. The moment he hatched, two other dragons went and got into a fight and another dragon (who looked a lot like Kefka) roared so loud that Kefka shivered! Could his brother actually do that? Was he real? Perhaps he should poke at them.

You poke at your chromatic double, (1) but you tremble and in doing so, actually causing pain to your brother! He doesn't look happy at all.

Right after that you poke the black-skinned drake, (4) this time you are gentle and you know that he is real; he feels like newborn flesh.

(1) Your still newly birthed, and can't see very far. Actually, your vision's kind of blurry and you can only make out rough details of things a distance away. You can hear your siblings breaths and feel movement coming from …somewhere.

Azkul (Azkul)

You look around and observe your siblings, a red drake is off brooding at the edge of the nest, while a green one is resting at the other side. Two chromatic drakes are right next to you; one of them seems angry at the other.

(6) You look around the cave; treasures from all over the world can be seen. Books, gold, jewels, statues, furniture, paintings, and others abound. What ever brought these things together must be really strong, you think.

Your intelligence increases ever so slightly; +5 intelligence.

Alterix (Aklyon)

Alterix looked at his twin carefully…he was brownish and…well he looked cute. His eyes were huge and he seemed…smiling. Then he poked your nose. That was…unexpected to you. It wasn't harmful though so you let it go. You got up and tried to leave the nest in search of food. Your sibling seems to be reluctant for you to leave; he's making a sound of some sorts, never the less, you were hungry. (3) You wonder off a bit to the right corridor. After some searching, you find a fat rat right in front of you. You pounce (6) and kill it. Food you have.

+5 agility for finding food without help of any sorts.

Acheran (Tarran)

You were born next to this chromatic drake. He's probably your brother you decide. Brothers have to bond right? You gently poke his nose…He seemed a bit surprised from that. After that your brother got up and left you alone…You called to him with your yips but he still left...

The Outcast

Astaroth (tomas1297)

You look at the corpse and see food…What it was in life does not matter; it is food now and you feast upon it. Delicious flesh…

"That's a good boy, I'll be out for a bit now son, Don't do anything stupid while I'm away."

+5 strength for eating such good meat.
+5 toughness for eating such good meat.

The Thirster

Conchobar (Sinpwn)

The thing your eating is humanoid in shape, clothed with some…plant material, tall, thin, and has long ears.

"Its an elf son, they are your food and slaves."

You continue to eat it, now knowing what it is.

+5 strength for eating such good meat
+5 toughness for eating such good meat

Trait gained: Elf-eater= You have a taste for elves and their blood. +10 intimidation when dealing with elves and +5 evilness.

The Smooth-Skin

Nirathi (Nirur Torir)

You cry out a cry of joy and happiness to your mother. (2) She interprets it as a sad, weak cry.

"Child? my child please eat…Please live…"

You can't see her right now, but you can feel waves of sound rumbling throughout the ground. You hear a thump and can smell meat right in front of you.

"Come on…just eat, please…"

You start to eat…hopefully you will grow stronger.

+5 strength for eating good meat
+5 toughness for eating good meat

After you become full, you descend into sleep. Before you go to sleep, you hear your mother's words.

"Rest now child, please don't die…"

The Two-Paths

Dekoth (Nega)

Your birth was one of sadness and blood. Your mother lies dead, slain by you know not. You feel sadness and pity…You heard her when you were in the egg and now she's dead…You never knew her….

But you must continue on; for her sake. (5) You walk out to the entrance of the cave. It seems that the cave was in the mountains since the sky is everywhere and the only way down is a wide ledge. Fortunately, nothing has come to kill you. You can see birds around you and far away you can see….dragons? No…it must be your imagination.

Trait gained: Orphan-  You have no parents and no guidance.

Character Sheets

Spoiler: Yoink/Koraeleth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Firelordsky/Kefka (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spaghetti7/Jaxar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Azkul/Azkul (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tomas1297/Astaroth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sinpwn/Conchobar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Akylon/Alterix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir/Nirathi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nega/Dekoth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran/Acheran (click to show/hide)

I've already edited the stats.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:47:41 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Dragons: Another Dragon-themed RTD: Turn 2, Battles and Feasting
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2011, 06:45:59 pm »

Dekoth tries to sneak towards a bird to pounce on. He will need food to survive up here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 26, 2011, 06:48:21 pm »

Huzzah for much better luck!

I eat all of the rat, I'm not letting one of the fighters take my find from me.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 10:26:25 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2011, 06:54:00 pm »

Acheran was upset. His brother had ignored him! Why?

Acheran decided to look at the torch out of curiosity. It sparked both excitement and interest within him.

I eat most of the rat, and bring a small portion of it back to my chromatic brother.
There are two chromatic brothers (Kefka, Jaxar). You should specify which one.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2011, 06:57:19 pm »

Azkul curiously goes to the entrance of the cave and sees what is outside, then looks for an animal to eat

Also, isn't giving +10 to stats just for eating meat a bit too much?
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2011, 06:58:45 pm »

Think about it this way; it will never happen again. Only the first meal grants the bonus.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2011, 07:00:48 pm »

So its like a first impression kind of thing? Like eating bad meat would make you more averse to it later on?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2011, 07:01:20 pm »

Yeah.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 43