Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: What's your favourite way to kill?  (Read 16791 times)

Sugata-senpai

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anime Watcher+3 Legendary Manga Reader+5
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favourite way to kill?
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2011, 03:38:24 pm »

I'm partial to:
grab head
gouge left eye
gouge right eye
grab throat right hand
squeeze until opponent passes out
grab throat with teeth
shake repeatedly

I don't know why. :|

Armok... what has this game done to me?

Dwarf Fortress has ripped your soul out... and replaced it with a dwarf's.
Me: I'll kill you... I'll kill you all!!!! Mwahahahahahaha!!!...

UristMcRandomNurse: Sir, patient 137 is laughing maniacially again.

UristMcDoctor: Don't worry, if we just ignore him he'll calm down and go back to playing Dwarf Fortress.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2011, 07:07:57 pm »

Dual wielding a Silver Crossbow and a iron short sword.

Sneak into enemy camp. First shoot the few bowmen and crossbowmen, make them pass out, then start backing up while the melee bandits run at me. They approach me in a line, and 1 by 1 I shoot them, which hurts them and causes them to retreat. Once they're all more concerned with their own safety, I then keep shooting while running around and slitting their throats while they're unconscious. Clean and effective.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2011, 09:07:02 pm »

Dual wielding a Silver Crossbow and a iron short sword.

Sneak into enemy camp. First shoot the few bowmen and crossbowmen, make them pass out, then start backing up while the melee bandits run at me. They approach me in a line, and 1 by 1 I shoot them, which hurts them and causes them to retreat. Once they're all more concerned with their own safety, I then keep shooting while running around and slitting their throats while they're unconscious. Clean and effective.
dont sound as effective as a longsword and 4 shields in one hand and the other hand empty with high wrestling, remove anything harmful and breaking limbs till they pass out and remove there heads, can even collect them :D
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2011, 03:28:18 am »

Aye, but at least in my method you never really have to face a conscious enemy, which is a plus for survivability. And although dying in itself isn't bad, I'd hate to lose this +<<*Silver Crossbow*>>+ (studded with steel, encrusted with black diamond) that I've had for quite a while with this adventurer.

And hell - it's a cool tactic. 4 guys sittin' at a camp, all of a sudden a hail of crossbow bolts fly at them. Dave and Jeff fall over, unconscious. While Jerry and Mike are running for their lives, as they both took bolts themselves, a guy jumps out and slits the throats of the 2 unconscious, then starts pursuing the two lesser-fortunate, for they witness their own fate before experiencing it.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2011, 10:17:33 am »

I for one frown upon the use of multiple equips in one hand. I even drop my shield for a crutch if I have to.

On bandits I usually cut off the legs and then cut off the legs of the dudes. Afterwards I finish all of them off.

When fighting Night Creatures, I target the lower body and cut them in half :D

Mekboy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEGABEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2011, 05:04:51 pm »

Personally, I prefer to stab them in their various extremities untill they fall unconsious, at which point I slit their thoat.
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?
You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.
... bring my pants.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
You seem to be under the illusion that we give a shit about what happens to dwarves who are too dumb to live.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2011, 05:09:25 pm »

i think it would be fine to wear a buckler with a sword if you were going for the not exploiting playthrough, in alot of games bucklers count more like a bracer then an actually held item, pretty sure D&D is actually that way and lets you dual wield and wear a buckler.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2011, 08:13:05 pm »

I for one frown upon the use of multiple equips in one hand. I even drop my shield for a crutch if I have to.
I don't usually use this exploit either, and if I have both legs broken, I drop both my weapon and my shield for two crutches.

HOWEVER, if I have a buckler (which I never do), I do wield a dagger in my buckler hand and my sword, my axe or my bow in my other hand.

I never use a full-sized shield with a bow because it looks too clumsy. I instead use either my starting dagger in my other hand or any other small item I can get my mitts on. The starting dagger is actually freakishly effective.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2011, 05:23:04 am »

I'm starting to like to torture the stronger enemies to death. Bandit masters and such.

Speaking of bandits, what's the highest bandit leader rank?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2011, 08:54:24 pm »

With my sworsmen (my favorite adventurers) I like to slice them in half or behead them, cutting their hands and feet off and then repeatedlycutting them so they bleed out. Quick and efficient, and it gives a sense of awesome when your guy bisects a night creature.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2011, 03:39:58 am »

i'm constantly bisecting night creatures, it gets less awesome after a wile xD

4/5 night creatures die by bisection, i prefer beheading them cus that adds to my collection.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2011, 04:40:08 am »

Gerard and Frankie, of course. I love making teenaged girls cry.

(Psst. Nobody's gonna get this joke.)
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

LordExumius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2011, 11:29:35 am »

I have no idea why, but I like to shatter bones through either hitting with a blunt weapon or by joint-locking. And strangely enough I like to get mortal wounds and attempt to carry on adventuring with the disability that caused. Like I once got my left foot got torn off by an alligator (or crocodile, I forget which) and I tried to continue without a crutch. I got pretty far and had many companions so I had no worries about bogeymen. And then I tried to reach a small island on the corner of the map and retire in the tiny keeper civilisation I saw on the historical map...

Fucking Ice

On another note, it seems that night creatures are strangely prone to being chopped in half.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 11:43:49 am by LordExumius »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2011, 03:03:32 pm »

Step One:
You strike the poor sod in the left/right hand, tearing the muscle!
The poor sod looses his grip on his weapon!

Step Two:
You strike the poor sod in the face, jamming the shattered pieces into his brain!
The poor sod has been struck down!

Works like a charm.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2011, 07:37:57 am »

Going for the throat in one of the fun and exciting ways of kicking, biting, slashing, punching, stabbing, hammering and so on and so forth.

When I play stealth adventurers, I usually finish the enemies that pass out after having been bruised all over by thrown thongs in this fashion, mostly biting or stabbing.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8