Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: What's your favourite way to kill?  (Read 16793 times)

Sugata-senpai

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anime Watcher+3 Legendary Manga Reader+5
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favourite way to kill?
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2011, 11:54:16 am »

Lately, I've taken to breaking every bone in the body of anything unfortunate enough to face me, then I bite it and try to rip as much off as possible.

I've taken a liking to biting the heads off night creatures and throwing them at the next night creature I see, then ripping its head off to continue the cycle.
Me: I'll kill you... I'll kill you all!!!! Mwahahahahahaha!!!...

UristMcRandomNurse: Sir, patient 137 is laughing maniacially again.

UristMcDoctor: Don't worry, if we just ignore him he'll calm down and go back to playing Dwarf Fortress.

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2011, 02:43:49 pm »

I hit them until they die.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2011, 07:31:21 pm »

I just started adventure mode yesterday, but think I have already found my favourite.  At first my thought was the whole "lop off hands and feet with a sword," which was cool.  That then upgraded to "see how many decapitations I can get" once my swordsman skill got high enough to do it consistently (got 3 pages in the inventory of trophy heads).  Now, the method has been perfected...

(Bit of background, I spent around an hour or so today figuring out how to find my abandoned fortress in adventure mode, mainly because all the various maps (shown in embark, reclaim, adventure local, adventure fast travel, adventure map) are ALL different scale, so it took forever to even figure out where I was, and around a dozen failed new adventurers who died before figuring out where the heck they were.  Anyway, it was all worth it when my swordsdwarf came upon Azmocerol and found what was waiting for him...  A full set of candy armor, weapons, some anvils, giant axe blades, and a dozen or so 'large , serrated adamantine discs' ). 
Despite starting out with no points set in Throwing,  since switching to discs I see 'sailed off in an arc' about 3 out of every 4 throws, compared to my adamantine sword's rate of 1 in 3, with legendary status.  Ultimate frisbee just got ultimater.

tl;dr:
Large.  Serrated.  Adamantine.  Discs.

Xen0n

• Bay Watcher
  • Took joy in ‼SCIENCE‼ lately.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2011, 08:53:53 pm »

Hang on, I may have spoke too soon...  Just found out you can actually wield the discs without throwing them...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This requires some !!SCIENCE!! to pick which method is better...

UPDATE:
The incredibly high rate of limb severing with the adamantine pick further complicates this choice...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 10:02:32 pm by Xen0n »

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2011, 12:59:18 am »

Axe to the head until they die. It's worked every time so far.

Lycus

• Bay Watcher
  • Death is just another form of winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2011, 06:01:25 am »

Misc objects. Barehanded, otherwise. My personal favorite is starting as an outsider, ditching the spear, hunting down a mammoth or elephant and then ditching the knife and using a tusk in one hand, nothing in the other. Really quite effective. Also good, is an arrow in one hand.
Whilst I may not be the most successful Adventurer, I have a lot of fun dying.

sgt0pimienta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2011, 10:29:36 am »

i equiped my elf with an iron weapon (best in adv mode) so what i do is keep storming them with hits to the body (unlsee i get a head chance) and AS SOON as their defense breaks and they get damage,i chop off a limb or critically stab them,and then just go espontaneous,i wrestle a lot...if they are monsters i like to chop their heads off and keep them :)

but my definetely favorite kill is when i saw a monster groom and choped her ENTIRE BODY at half,i use sound sense so i heard the death sound and read in the log:

blah blah,sails off in an arc

i read a bit more carefully:

You slash the "name name name" monster gloom in the lower body and the choped part sails off in an arc

:)
By:
Bdthemag

Great, now thanks to Bay12 im going to go out and buy an old journal just to write occult information in it and pretend to be insane.[quote

GloriousImp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2011, 01:42:05 pm »

I chop their hands/arms off (depending on where I get the best chance) with my axe so they drop their weapons, then I bash them with the shield, sit down and watch them die.

Benedict Hardy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2011, 08:36:44 pm »

sdasd
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 11:37:33 am by Benedict Hardy »

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2011, 10:07:39 am »

Bite lower body. Shake about by lower body. Lower body sails off in an arc.

I thought it was this, then someone on the draw your adventures thread reminded me of Balor Bodyparts. Throwing them at things, that is the best way. "The badger is caught in a cloud of boiling balor blood. The badger is melting! The badger has been struck down!"
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Matheld

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2011, 02:17:19 pm »

A simple parting of the head from the shoulders right off the bat has a certain element of savage grace to it.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2011, 07:59:24 pm »

Usually, I chop their legs off. Then, I gouge their eyes, and start breaking joints until they pass out. Once they pass out, I start pinching off the nose, ears, and teeth. Then, I rip off all the fingers. I then (although they usually bleed out by this point) strangle them.
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2011, 08:07:35 pm »

If i'm facing simple humanoid opponents I just take the hands, and let them run. Unless if they stay and try to fight then I throw thier fallen weapons at them.

My blades are for hands only.

Table Turning

• Bay Watcher
  • Turnways.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2011, 03:35:20 am »

If they get knocked out, I like to stab them in the throat and deal with their buddies while they slowly bleed out.
Something appealing about that to me.
Thats another use for useless immigrants.

Pharaun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2011, 03:02:17 pm »

I'm partial to:
grab head
gouge left eye
gouge right eye
grab throat right hand
squeeze until opponent passes out
grab throat with teeth