Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210613 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 36: ELF, Hard Coins, Black Stuff.
« Reply #1005 on: February 14, 2012, 05:31:30 pm »

Anthramarux nodded her head politely at the woman. Even in dreams, decorum should be observed, she thought.

"Well met, stranger.

It seems you know my name-but I have yet to have been acquainted with yours. May I so inquire then, as to who you are?"

She smiles. "I am Amunia. Goddess of Dreams. Sister to the Goddess of Nightmares. I am not part of a dream from you. More accurately, your dreams are a part of me."

Green Mage(why not?): Neumanin Moffry
I'm pretty sure I already gave him a name.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 14, 2012, 05:50:05 pm »

"A Goddess? Were that I had been better dressed...My human form can be so underwhelming.

What have I done to deserve this visit to my...or our domain, honored Amunia?"

Anthramarux sat back-in a tall brass throne now, one gilded with overlarge amethysts that matched the color of her scales. She idly rubbed her hand against one on the arm rest, admiring it's smoothness.

She snapped her fingers. Brilliant light shone in from unseen windows, showing now a throne room-but each stained glass window showcased a Dragon in flight, and was tinted purple, to that the light was darkened, making the room feel somewhat threatening. This was Anthramarux's dream, anyway-her ego was unbound here.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 05:54:02 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 14, 2012, 06:03:07 pm »

"Oh, nothing really. I'm always in everyone's dreams, just as my sister is always in everyone's nightmares. I ensure that every dream is unique even if it is from a memory, and I ensure that dreams do not remain in one's mind, but for your sake, I'll let you remember this.

The reason I'm talking to you, though, is because I'm interested in the numerous disturbances you are having with my various fellow gods. See, first, you damaged Man'ahh's sacred love with your mother. Then, you received a gift from my father himself. Then, you started bothering one of the best assassins and/or thieves around, attracting the attention of Magdost and Varnos. Finally, you started falling in love with that human shortly after breaking off with your mother, once again attracting Man'ahh's attention. Nothing extremely significant, but... really, I might as well talk with you because I'm in the mood."

(Oh god pink text, you're killing me)
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 14, 2012, 06:27:28 pm »

Anthramarux listened.

"Well, I hope to make amends with my mother still. I...I did not intend for that...specific outcome. In any case you say damaged, and not broken. Be it intentional or slip of the tongue, I take it as a good sign. You can take my vow to Man'ahh that I will attempt to undo my wrongs against my mother.

As for Sir Arillis...he intrigues me. Greatly. I felt...well, I still feel something for him, perhaps because I had spent so much time amongst the humans. But I will probably not see him again, not matter what I feel.

As he said himself...I am a Dragon, and he is a man. We are perhaps sundered by our differing natures then, a classic theme in romantic fantasy. What better love is there, then unrequited..."

Anthramarux frowned, looking down. The room vanished-the throne was now lovingly carved hardwood, and the room now a shaded forest glade, under a pale purple moon. Silence reigned, except for the chirping of crickets-and a thrumming noise that vaguely sounded like a heartbeat...or a Dragons breathing. Her mothers.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 14, 2012, 08:03:22 pm »

The goddess looks at you, indifferent, with a look of endless patience. She has nothing to respond to what you've said.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 14, 2012, 08:03:46 pm »

Goddammit forum, stop messing with me.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:05:37 pm by Tarran »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 14, 2012, 08:16:18 pm »

Nuvian stepped back. She didn't mean to startle the human.

"Hello, I was wondering if I could ask you a question or two about this area-"
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:48:37 pm by freeformschooler »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 14, 2012, 08:21:34 pm »

I figured my opinion on the top part would be somewhat obvious and skewed.

Raikonai recoiled in sudden understanding. This thing must be somehow related to that god or the great shadows!

Turning promptly around, he lunged into the air. The time for inspecting interesting things was past. The time for fleeing was now.

Take to the skies and fly out of there! Continue heading northwest if possible, but head regular west or southwest if necessary to escape the darkness.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 14, 2012, 08:36:31 pm »

Nuvian stepped back, seeing fear in the human's eyes. While she had originally wanted to terrorize humans for the rest of her life, his gut reaction to her race made her feel sick inside for some reason. Nevertheless, the backed up and lowered herself to the ground.

"Please, human, steel yourself. There is no reason for such fright. I just had a question."
He wasn't scared. He was tired.

I figured my opinion on the top part would be somewhat obvious and skewed.

Raikonai recoiled in sudden understanding. This thing must be somehow related to that god or the great shadows!

Turning promptly around, he lunged into the air. The time for inspecting interesting things was past. The time for fleeing was now.

Take to the skies and fly out of there! Continue heading northwest if possible, but head regular west or southwest if necessary to escape the darkness.
You are already flying.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 14, 2012, 08:39:00 pm »

Well, that was what he would have appeared to be in-character if he ended his sentence shouting "dragon!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 14, 2012, 08:41:43 pm »

No, not really. I don't think even a dragon could mistake drowsiness with terror. And he didn't shout, it was just elevated voice.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 14, 2012, 08:45:22 pm »

How was I supposed to know any of that with only a line of dialogue that quickly shifts from drowsiness to an exclamation point? I'm merely trying to work with what you're giving me here. I'll change my action and dialogue but there was no way for me to know what the man's final reaction was with just the one quickly-changing line plus the description beforehand.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:49:42 pm by freeformschooler »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 14, 2012, 08:45:43 pm »

Anthramarux looked at the Goddess, a bit testily. The Dreamscape forest she had created suddenly began to smolder-the subtle scent of kindling wood pervaded the air...

"...I suppose you are judging me in silence, then. Or have I erred? Should we talk of your domain, rather than mine?

Or may I amuse you some other way?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 14, 2012, 08:57:56 pm »

How was I supposed to know any that with only a line of dialogue that quickly shifts from drowsiness to an exclamation point? I'm merely trying to work with what you're giving me here. I'll change my action and dialogue but there was no way for me to know what the man's reaction was with just the one quickly-changing line plus the description beforehand.
No reason to get all defensive. Jeez.

Anyway, I had three hints that he wasn't scared:

He was and still is half asleep. I don't really think very sleepy people process things as well as aware people.
I did not mention him being scared.
His word are cut off, incorrect, or broken, not stuttering.

Anthramarux looked at the Goddess, a bit testily. The Dreamscape forest she had created suddenly began to smolder-the subtle scent of kindling wood pervaded the air...

"...I suppose you are judging me in silence, then. Or have I erred? Should we talk of your domain, rather than mine?

Or may I amuse you some other way?"

She raises her eyebrows.

"Hm, I forgot how short tempered you dragons are. No, I am not judging and no you have not erred. You just left me with no responses. You sounded as if you were talking to yourself."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 14, 2012, 09:04:56 pm »

A light snow began to fall, as the forest began to cool. The leaves began to brown, and fall off the trees.

Anthramarux snorted.

"...I guess I was being impolite. Forgive me then, Goddess.

Perhaps you should open the discussion further.

What would you speak to me of? If this is truly the land of dreams, then we must have all the time in the world..."

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 136