Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210587 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 36: ELF, Hard Coins, Black Stuff.
« Reply #1020 on: February 14, 2012, 09:21:19 pm »

Freeformschooler suddenly dropped out via PM due to lack of wanting to play.

Time to do the Wolfchild shinanigans yet again. He gets 3 days. If he doesn't respond, Taricus gets in and I may or may not bump Wolf a bit down the waiting list.

Anthramarux snorted.

"...I guess I was being impolite. Forgive me then, Goddess.

Perhaps you should open the discussion further.

What would you speak to me of? If this is truly the land of dreams, then we must have all the time in the world..."

"No, I wasn't too offended by your aggressive response. No need to apologize. I suppose it's partially my fault for not speaking.

Frankly, I had nothing I wanted to talk to you about. Being a god I... kind of know pretty much everything about you if I want to know. I was just stopping by like a nice neighbor. But really, I had thought that you would have plenty of questions for a goddess. You can't possibly be a kind of person who believes ignorance is bliss, you're too smart for it."
She smiles. "But you did open a topic. We don't really have all the time in the world. The max amount of time I can squeeze out of a dream is twice the amount of time it would have taken you to stop dreaming. The minimum is a tenth. And this is all due to increasing your mind's activity so you can squeeze more thoughts in the same amount of time, or slowing your mind to do the opposite. I would have to mess with time itself in order to have more time than that. Nobody, however, can mess with time. Not me, my sisters, my brothers, or even my father."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 14, 2012, 09:39:51 pm »

The forest froze in time-each tree becoming a mirror, reflecting the pair.

Anthramarux smiled. Which was more showing her teeth than actually smiling as a Human would.

"What questions shall I ask of a Goddess...that she can, in turn tell me the answers to. That is a mighty question, in and of itself. I might need a lifetime in meditation to think of them.

But, as you say, we only have the here and now.

Knowledge. Why are the Gods so interested in me?"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 14, 2012, 09:49:06 pm »

"Coincidence. Like I said, first, you slighted Man'ahh somewhat--though don't worry, she's used to that. Then, Tarran decided to randomly give you a gift. Which isn't any more unusual than he normally is, then you followed up on one of the best assassins there are, who is protected by both Magdost and Varnos, annoying them, but really they deserve it. Then, before Man'ahh stopped caring about you, you started falling in love with another.

I'm just taking an interest because... well... what about those times you randomly look at bugs even though they aren't doing anything? Sometimes, you just want to look at things. And of course, the multiple gods grumbling and the not-as-secret-as-Tarran-thinks gift also made me notice you."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 14, 2012, 11:35:24 pm »

Name: Ramoth
Body:
  Head: Smooth
  Horns: No horns
  Claws:Long claws
  Scale Color: Chromatic
  Body length: Standard
  Spine stiffness: Standard
  Tail: Long
  Breath: Ona's Gift
Stats:
  Strength: 50(-5 Gender, +5 tail)
  Agility: 60(+5 Gender, -5 tail, +10 Bonus points)
  Intelligence: 65(+5 Gender, +10 bonus points)
  Toughness: 45(-5 Gender)
  Charisma: 75 (+5 gender, +5 head, +5 horns, +10 Scales)
Roleplaying: If you want to add roleplaying information, here's where to add it to:
  Personality: Protective, Honest, Optimistic
  Mother background: Golden scaled and private, Menath did not have a breath, she fought with tooth and claw
  Father background: Unknown, Menath was a bit promiscuous
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 14, 2012, 11:45:30 pm »

Father background: Unknown, Menath was a bit promiscuous
Don't need to be all "Don't know anything about it", you know. Unless you're intentionally avoiding it. Because the sheet is from a "everything known" perspective.

Anyway, you're in.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: February 14, 2012, 11:45:51 pm »

Green Mage(why not?): Neumanin Moffry
I'm pretty sure I already gave him a name.

Ahh you're right. Jomas. Well take the name as you will, or not. Just trying to lend a hand as per your request to name things.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 15, 2012, 04:25:44 am »

Anthramaruxs eyes widened. The mirror melted into sand-and so did the throne, which she stepped off of. Now the Dream was a desert at night, endless and serene. Naturally, the sand was scale colored purple.

Her voice was low and very young sounding.

"With another? You mean Sir Arillis...was having the same feelings toward me...?"

Anthramarux seemed to twist in place for a moment. She wanted to ask more...but had a feeling it was dangerously close to breaking the very thing that was forming. If the Goddess answered all her questions, there would be no surprise...her mothers words reminded her. Some things she had to find out for herself.

She decided to take a different angle.

"Knowledge. How did my father die? What was he like, in the Gods eyes?"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 15, 2012, 04:47:03 am »

"With another? You mean Sir Arillis...was having the same feelings toward me...?"
"Uh, no, I apologize I worded that poorly. He did not have the same feelings as far as I know."

"Knowledge. How did my father die? What was he like, in the Gods eyes?"
She thinks for a moment.

"He did not have a significant standing. He loved music, but there are no gods dedicated to music. He was not pious enough to attract our attention outside of that, either. But then again, that's typical, many mortals often go by from life to death without us noticing. As to how he died, my knowledge of the event is non-existant, as Salar is the one who usually deals with the newly dead, and even then she rarely pays attention. All of us gods know everything about anyone alive, as your souls are still fresh with memories, but... dead souls have their memory wiped as they are reborn, to prevent memories of their previous life from leaking into their new life. Your father has, unfortunately, been reborn already. For quite some time, in fact. If I had to guess, he's about your age right now, but I have no idea what kind of creature he has been reborn into, as the newly cleaned souls are just plain grabbed by any bodies that need them."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: February 15, 2012, 04:57:15 am »

Anthramarux absorbed it all. She was growing slightly angry again. The moon was dipping below the horizon, and the blazing sun was about to rise...

"..oh, that was an unfortunate misunderstanding then, Goddess.

How fate conspires to wound me, it seems."

She breathed hard, letting some of the tension out. A drop of bright red blood dripping from her clenched knuckles.

"...Ahh. The long view from the Gods on high is somewhat depressing, then. He lived, he died and not a celestial being noted or condemned him.

Knowledge.

So, a Dragon may not always be reborn as a Dragon, then? It seems to me, a rare occurrence for a Dragon to be born, or to die. Might I look upon my rebirth into a fish or worm, perish the thought...

Can the Gods affect what body one enters, if they wish?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 15, 2012, 05:14:59 am »

"Don't worry about what you will be reborn into, it's pointless. You won't remember anyway.

...Anyway, yes, we can choose, but it's an absurd amount of effort due to various inefficiencies.

First, you have to convince Salar to care. Which is not easy because she's one of a few of our kind who did not absorb any of Tarran's emotions. She expects something in return for the massive effort of finding the soul.

Second, you have to talk to the creator of that race, and convince him or her to let you do so. Said creator may not have emotions again or may be a jerk. They also will likely expect something in return.

Third, you'll have to make sure to hold onto that soul until a suitable body is waiting. Then, you have to literally influence the soul into the body the exact moment it is created, so it does not pick a different soul.

In dragon terms, this is like a dragon going to another dragon who does not care and asking her for a single blank gold coin in a massive pile of blank coins.

Then talking to the owner of a type of coins for reforging into the type of coins, who again may not care.

Then holding that coin in your hand until someone needs that coin and getting it to them before they pick one out of a massive pile five inches from them.

We've all complained to Tarran about this, but he says that the difficulty is good, saying that in some far off place that is so far off that you could not comprehend, other gods are abusing the ease of selecting bodies for their souls."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 15, 2012, 05:24:07 am »

The black sun rose into the sky...

"Oh, quite impossible then. Or at least insanely difficult. A suitable challenge...

Knowledge.

How does one become a God? I mean, in your case I assume the Tarran God conceived you...somehow...but how was he created?

Are Gods and Goddesses born as mortals are?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 15, 2012, 05:46:08 am »

She looks at you with raised eyebrows. Obviously you are asking a very powerful question.

"I do not know how one becomes a god from a mortal. None of my brothers or sisters know, in fact. Tarran himself says it's impossible as it would require absurd amount of energies that your world just does not have, energies that would need to be directly taken from a god, which is painful on a scale that you would be unable to even live with for a hundredth of a second, and also damaging in extreme respects afterwards. And that's just the first part. We do not come from mortals, we come from... er... Tarran. In fact, everything material comes from him. Though most of the stuff in the material world is considered--no offense--to be the 'worthless junk' that we gods cannot absorb. What happens is Tarran... err... 'Explodes' part of himself off of himself, and what forms is us gods. Originally, there were millions of us, but... in the past we've..." She closes her eyes. This pains her. "...We've absorbed and murdered our way to the top. Tarran tolerated it for the most part, as apparently this just plain happens every time gods are born into existence. But... N-nevermind."

"As for Tarran... he does not even know how he was created or why. Or even what he is. He guesses that some being even more powerful created him and possibly multiple others like him, but he says that it's beyond his understanding even though what he is is already beyond me and my siblings' understanding. This frustrates him, obviously, but there's not much he can do about it. He says that he just doesn't think about it, because he's apparently spent a near limitless amount of time thinking about it."

((So sue me for being god of gods. I cannot be a character in my own RTD, so I might as freaking well be a god! Besides, I already made a joke about it earlier on when I gave you the ring, so I decided to make it canon.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 15, 2012, 06:13:14 am »

Anthramarux allowed herself a small smile.

"Ah, the Dreams of mortals...I may ask you how to attain Godhood today, and die of a dull spearpoint to the heart by this next evening. Such is the way.

Wisdom.

Can you tell me anything about my future? Barring paradoxical information. Is such information available-or, is time fluid...malleable? You cannot change it...nut, can you see it?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 15, 2012, 06:39:09 am »

"We can guess." She shrugs. "We can guess very, very well compared to mortals because we're gods, but not very far into the future and there's still a very high chance that we'll be wrong because there are too many things in the world that effect it. Even from something as a grain of sand."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 15, 2012, 07:01:07 am »

"In mysterious Godly terms, I will assume that means I shall receive a grain of sand in my eye at an inopportune time and crash into a mountain somewhere."

Anthramarux laughed, and the desert begin to grow-flowers, shrubs, trees.

"Truthfully, what do you guess about my future? Give me an honest answer. Perhaps it should even be anecdotal."

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 136