Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210575 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 36: ELF, Hard Coins, Black Stuff.
« Reply #990 on: February 14, 2012, 09:04:24 am »

Hmm, I'm not really sure where to go from here. I assume the 6 roll and the trouble with whatever happens because of it will give me a lead of some sort.

The others who rolled 6's back on the child up stage got visits from their father, I suppose one option might be to make up a step father of some sort? Some other dragon who's related to my mother somehow who I irritate or upset(maybe it was their gold I swiped?) Possibly a mage or teacher of some sort who takes me under his wing, but finds me in his treasure room starting things off sourly...

Don't know if that helps or not, just trying to give ideas. I don't think it would be really right for me to say specifics on my own character when no one else got the choice. And besides that kinda lessens the fun of things I think.

Also, I'm fine with short-mini turns, just maybe put some sort of limit on them, only so much change in stats(if any) during a mini turn as opposed to a normal one. Some people are more active in posting than others, and it would be good to keep limits in mind so things don't get out of hand.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: February 14, 2012, 09:15:08 am »

Urgh, Raikonai thought, Best deal with this now.

Approach black thing, try to make out shouting, ask it what it wants.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: February 14, 2012, 02:35:10 pm »

I like how everyone pretty much just ignored the top text.

Where is this, what is this whats that?
Look around, dont break anything

is green better?
Yes.

Hmm, I'm not really sure where to go from here. I assume the 6 roll and the trouble with whatever happens because of it will give me a lead of some sort.

The others who rolled 6's back on the child up stage got visits from their father, I suppose one option might be to make up a step father of some sort? Some other dragon who's related to my mother somehow who I irritate or upset(maybe it was their gold I swiped?) Possibly a mage or teacher of some sort who takes me under his wing, but finds me in his treasure room starting things off sourly...

Don't know if that helps or not, just trying to give ideas. I don't think it would be really right for me to say specifics on my own character when no one else got the choice. And besides that kinda lessens the fun of things I think.
Yes, I could make a step father or some related dragon. I'll PM you once I've finished editing.

Also, I'm fine with short-mini turns, just maybe put some sort of limit on them, only so much change in stats(if any) during a mini turn as opposed to a normal one. Some people are more active in posting than others, and it would be good to keep limits in mind so things don't get out of hand.
Hm, certainly. I'll put a limit of 5 mini-turns, or 3 stat point changes. I'll likely do a mini-turn when I'm not busy between doing multiple things IRL.

Also, you are the only one to respond on that so far. Thank you for not being so uncaring as half of my other players.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: February 14, 2012, 02:37:41 pm »

I like how everyone pretty much just ignored the top text.

They ALWAYS will, trust me. :\ I may not be in yet but I'll offer my opinion anyway; you should do mini-rolls if you want to.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: February 14, 2012, 03:00:29 pm »

As for mini-turns, I don't really have an opinion either way, sorry. Guess I should have said that, but it wouldn't have made a difference.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: February 14, 2012, 03:01:57 pm »

eh minis are okay as they are life signs from you :P
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: February 14, 2012, 03:46:20 pm »

"Alright... Thanks for your help, anyways." With a slight nod, Varkonis lifted off again, headed to the actual village to search for someone to teach him magic.

(Oh, by the way... 3D words?! It actually works... a bit...)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: February 14, 2012, 03:52:14 pm »

Alright, here's the first mini-turn. It... feels sort of like an actual turn.

Anthramarux collapsed into her comfortable cave home with a draconic sigh/roar. Tomorrow she would be hungry, but for now sleep was enough.

She wondered if she would dream. For, such dreams as she had, were inevitably interesting-violent, beautiful things of many hues. Much like she believed herself to be.

Sleep didn't come easy at first. She realized it was because everything was so quiet. Anthramarux had grown accustomed to her mothers sonorous snoring by her next every night, a constant reminder of protection, of love.... Then she thought back on the day, what had happened, and grew depressed.

She thought of Arillis. Was she so off of her reckoning of him? Perhaps. Her pride would not allow her to admit it fully, but what was done, was done.

In time, sleep came, if Anthramarux wished it or not-and that was a relief.

Action: Sleep, and dream...
You descend into sleep...

[5]: In your dreams, a female human in a white dress walks up to you. Before you can say anything, she starts talking. You appear to be in your human form.

"Hello, Anthramarux." She smiles.

Where is this, what is this whats that?
Look around, dont break anything

is green better?
You look around the place. There are several horses in here. The place itself is made of wood, and there is hay all over the dirt floor. Multiple parts of the building are open to the outside world, but you aren't tall enough to see out of them. There are several sharp things in this building.

((giving me specifics will net you further information))

Nuvian rapped on the door, hoping for a warm response rather than a cold one.
You smack on the door with your two hands for a few seconds.

The door opens. The man appears to be half asleep.

"W-hat t-do you want...? I'm trying th-... to sleep her-... dragon!"

Urgh, Raikonai thought, Best deal with this now.

Approach black thing, try to make out shouting, ask it what it wants.
You approach the black thing and... um...

Ummm...

It's... huge. It's... just a mass of... darkness. The shouting is coming from it: It sounds angry and in pain. Whatever it is.

It's here that you notice the sun's shine and heat nearly nonexistent, and everything near it sort of becoming... bleak.

Your urge to run is even higher than it was when you left your egg. RUUUUUUNNNNNN!

"Alright... Thanks for your help, anyways." With a slight nod, Varkonis lifted off again, headed to the actual village to search for someone to teach him magic.

(Oh, by the way... 3D words?! It actually works... a bit...)
You look around town for someone who can teach you magic.

Turns out, lots of people can teach you magic. Not a whole lot are good at teaching or are willing to teach a lot, but a large amount of them are willing to teach. And there are several dozen villagers. You'll have to be more specific.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: February 14, 2012, 03:56:21 pm »

Scientia nods. "I believe I have discovered something very interesting some ways from here. I have come to seek knowledge on what it might be, as I have no training in mystic matters. I understand that you are well versed in life magic, which is admittedly highly convenient."

Scienta rattles off a thorough description of the lesser meadows obelisks and it's effects on surrounding wildlife
. "Have you any idea what they might be?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: February 14, 2012, 03:59:54 pm »

Scientia nods. "I believe I have discovered something very interesting some ways from here. I have come to seek knowledge on what it might be, as I have no training in mystic matters. I understand that you are well versed in life magic, which is admittedly highly convenient."

Scienta rattles off a thorough description of the lesser meadows obelisks and it's effects on surrounding wildlife
. "Have you any idea what they might be?"
"No, I... do not. I'm not an expert in what I'd... guess is chaos magic."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: February 14, 2012, 04:06:14 pm »

"Ah, sorry. Like I said, not well versed in magic yet. Do you happen to know anyone who knows more about that branch?" Scientia pauses. "and I don't suppose you could tell me a little about yours as well?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: February 14, 2012, 04:31:15 pm »

"Ah, sorry. Like I said, not well versed in magic yet. Do you happen to know anyone who knows more about that branch?" Scientia pauses. "and I don't suppose you could tell me a little about yours as well?
"Yes, a priest of Olden... or perhaps even a priest of Pahhosag, should be able to help you. And yes, I can teach you, if you're willing to learn."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: February 14, 2012, 04:39:13 pm »

"Count me in as 'very willing', please. Do we start now, or should I come back later?"

If Now, Learn about what magic is and how to effectively channel it, along with novice magical knowledge. Also some Life-branch spells if we have time for it. (Aka: Learn stuff, finally make some progress on the 'moist powerful draco-mage' life goal front.)

If Later: Set a meeting time, and head out to the marketplace. Buy, say, a large bag to hold whatever currency I may bring with me, a second one for small items, and a map.
 (Because obviously I don't have detailed images of the world and it's kingdoms along with army movements in my head. Nope. *Shifty eyes.*
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:42:25 pm by dermonster »

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: February 14, 2012, 04:43:42 pm »

Depositing the large picture-book he was fooling around with at the cave entrance on the table, Jargon poked his head out of the library, pondering the Bland Red. Or at least out of the room that he had so dubbed /his/ library. It basically held a table with some very limited reading material he had managed to 'obtain' from other rooms around the cave. Most of which he couldn't read, hence why he was only bothering with the pictures in the first place.

.oO(Hmm another dragon whom isn't me, and isn't mom. This requires more investigation). He might end up as a source for obtaining more information that Jargon might be interested in absorbing.

Follow the red dragon, and try to observe without being noticed.

------------
I suppose I can give some names a shot, Random hopefully at least somewhat dragon-y names:
Mother: Elendrita
Father(RIP): Dunuion
Step Father Red Dragon Person: Kelonix
Green Mage(why not?): Neumanin Moffry
Dunuion's Guild/Cult thing: The Serpentine Rapture
Mother's Magic/Wizard group: Shards of Melody
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:50:04 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: February 14, 2012, 04:47:59 pm »

Anthramarux nodded her head politely at the woman. Even in dreams, decorum should be observed, she thought.

"Well met, stranger.

It seems you know my name-but I have yet to have been acquainted with yours. May I so inquire then, as to who you are?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 136