Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210615 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 36: ELF, Hard Coins, Black Stuff.
« Reply #1035 on: February 15, 2012, 07:16:25 am »

"Well, my best guess is you'll do one of three things. One, go back to the city and look for places to learn magic or fighting, potentially finding someone interesting. Two, go to Tarran's shrine and talk to him, potentially getting him to do something that everyone else considers insane. Or three, just explore somewhere and find something interesting. Really, we can't see very far with high accuracy."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 15, 2012, 07:46:12 am »

Anthramarux nods. The desert begins to disappear, back into the throne room.

"Fair enough, I suppose.

Last question, for now. Though I could certainly stand to know more...

Knowledge.

What do the Gods fear, aside from death?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 15, 2012, 07:50:08 am »

She looks at you in the eyes, suspicious. "Why do you want to know?"
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 15, 2012, 08:05:27 am »

Anthramarux walked toward the Goddess Amunia calmly.

"My dear Goddess, you know I am a Dragon.

Fears are my weapons, my tools, my armor.

What else would I ask of you? I am no short lived humanoid-I will know everything in time. Everything.

Do you fault me my hubris? For, this is who I am. I must know. I will know.

As for reasoning...I do not fear the gods. Not to say that I do not respect, quite frankly, your ability to swat me from existence like I would an annoying insect.

But fear? No. I fear not being struck by lightning, nor crushed by a mountain-I could not stop them from happening. I only fear the failures I could prevent.

I merely ask if the Gods are so different than I. After, am I but mortal-what do you have to fear from answering me?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 15, 2012, 08:48:47 am »

She nods her head, looking to the side. She then looks at you, somewhat angrily. "Very well, if you wish to be watched at all times by all the gods...

There are few things we fear. We do, however, have some things that we do fear.

Number one, and most obvious, is the loss of all worshipers. While this won't kill us, it would allow other gods or even a mortal that somehow reaches our realm to kill us. As long as we have one worshiper, we are protected from every other god and definitely mortals, but without, we are... mortal, in a sense. Though Tarran says that he will never become mortal, because he exists in many 'existences' at once.

Number two, the less obvious but still obvious to most of us, is letting the forbidden gods win. Vi'ahn, Val'Suul, Inn'ahar, and Patho Akh.

If Patho Akh won, all knowledge, of all kinds, even basic instincts, would be erased from existence, and as long as he is in power, we will be unable to create any complex life. Any. All existing life would cease all actions and die.

If Inn'ahar won, he would twist and corrupt this would beyond what any mortal could comprehend. Everything and anything would be left beyond any ability to recover them. All souls in existence would have to be made again, by Tarran. Everything would have to be purged. That's IF we ever wrest control back.

If Val'Suul won, nothing would be left. Literally. He would destroy every single grain of sand. Every person. Every tree. Every mountain. All would be erased. We would have to build everything by scratch.

If Vi'ahn won, it would be... the end. He would likely try to kill all non-forbidden gods. From us Sonif--lesser gods--to the mighty Aver--the great gods. Potentially, even our mighty Oli, Tarran himself. Or at the very least, he'd try. Regardless, Tarran would likely just leave this existence and forget about it, leaving it to the whim of those four.

Third, is the 'godslayer' sword, created by a very powerful mortal angry beyond belief at Magdost for murdering his wife. We all worried about the sword, and wanted to intervene, but... Magdost let the man build the sword. Slowly. Again and again, failing multiple times, before Magdost killed him, too. However, unknown to most mortals, he was killed... because he had made the sword right, and it COULD kill a god. But, the man teleported the sword randomly across the world before he was killed, so we do not know of it's location no matter how hard Salar... um... 'dissected' his soul. If such a sword got into a mortals hands--any--the result could... well, be catastrophic. First, we do not know how well the world would work without us, since it us up to us to keep the sun active, keep heat and cold in balance, keep souls in circulation... Second, we do not know what our deaths would do to the world; would we explode with the strength of a million forest fires? Third, we do not know what would happen to that mortal once he kills one of us. Would he become a god? Would he explode from the power? Or worse, would his soul shatter from the power?

That is our top three, and only notable, fears. You tell these to anyone else, expect our wrath to be swift, and do not expect it to be a mere killing. A full third of us non forbidden gods are evil and would take pleasure in torturing you.

I assume you're done asking questions for this dream?"
She turns indifferent and raises her eyebrows in the last sentence.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 15, 2012, 09:02:53 am »

Anthramarux raised her eyebrows in return. Interesting...

"Your threats mean nothing to me Goddess. Only your actions.

If you deign to smite me for being curious, then you will do so, if I am bold or cautious. I care not.

And, I will respect the information given to me in confidence. Why would you assume any different? I know the stakes we all face.

For my part, I wish you not to be angry with me, Goddess. My soul is not evil. I do not wish to burn the world in my anger, or dethrone a God for my pleasure. I only seek deeper understanding-knowledge through strength. New sensation. Adventure. Transcendence...

These are my choices-and, Free will is the area in which no God rules over me.

Did not the Gods create life in their image? Unrestrained, free to choose? I am only living up to your ideals, then."

Anthramarux smiled to herself.

"Ah, but that is another question. I am done for now, honored Goddess. Allow me to live, and dream in peace.

May we meet again, some day."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:05:23 am by Dwarmin »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 15, 2012, 04:01:04 pm »

"Farewell, dragon, see you next time you sleep. Until then, be ready, my sister has been waiting all this time for a shot at your dreams, and when I leave, well, she'll have her way, which won't be fun I assure you."

And with that, she promptly turns around and explodes into a mass of colored gas and slowly disappears.

Then the nightmares start... Oh boy.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 15, 2012, 04:03:50 pm »

*spits water i was drinking* can dragons you kill haunt you? oh man...
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 15, 2012, 04:09:02 pm »

Anthramarux sat back down on her throne. She would be lying if she would have said she was not afraid...

"I am not afraid.

Sister of Nightmares, I await you.

Do your worst."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 15, 2012, 04:43:33 pm »

*spits water i was drinking* can dragons you kill haunt you? oh man...
Huh? What? ???

Also, are you going to post another action? I mean, it's awfully wasteful on your time to not post after a mini-turn.

Anthramarux sat back down on her throne. She would be lying if she would have said she was not afraid...

"I am not afraid.

Sister of Nightmares, I await you.

Do your worst."

"I was hoping you'd say that."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 15, 2012, 06:26:56 pm »

Anthramarux tried to turn away from the blasphemy...but she did need her eyes to see in this place.

She called out to the black Dragon, in the bravest voice she could muster. Knowing that her asking this was part of the nightmare, and it will only lead to deeper horror-she could not escape. If the Sister of Nightmare wished her share of torments this night, then Anthramarux would oblige her.

"...who are you? How do I know you?"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 15, 2012, 07:25:09 pm »

It looks straight at you.

"DAUGHTER." it says in a raspy, ghost-like voice as it reveals the maggot filled mouth.

Then, it explodes into darkness which blinds you for a second. As you regain your sight, the flesh and feces of the landscape is replaced with pure black, with red letters and words all about the black landscape in a language that you cannot understand. Despite you not understanding the words and letters, they unsettle you. The sky is almost black, only slightly brighter than the pitch black landscape. There is whispering coming from seemingly nowhere, in a language you cannot understand, even further unsettling you.

Your mother's corpse is no longer there, replaced by ashes. Your chair is now a stool.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 15, 2012, 07:35:03 pm »

Anthramarux walked over and sat down on the stool, crossing her arms. Her hands had begun to tremble slightly.

"...is there any point to this? A deeper meaning? or, are you merely doing this for your own black amusement, sister? A pitiable being, to have so much power...and all of it washed away from the mind come fickle morning light. Perhaps you should try harder, since you have me now.

...well, Not that expect an answer from behind your veils, anyway. Let us continue."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 15, 2012, 07:56:28 pm »

You begin to regret your words. All of a sudden, the writing disappears. The sky turns as black as the ground, and the whispering stops. Your mother's ashes are no longer there, either. Your stool is also no longer there.

All of a sudden, you hear whispering. "Turn around."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 16, 2012, 12:14:11 am »

Anthramarux played her part-she turned around as bade, knowing she would not be prepared...

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 136