Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210432 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 27.1: A Mildly Boaring Fight.
« Reply #705 on: December 27, 2011, 03:45:34 pm »

I don't think anyone is on any "grand adventure". They're just flopping around. Which is what this game is about really.

If you want a "grand adventure", talk to a villager or similar, read a book, do stuff that will give you locations.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 27, 2011, 03:46:27 pm »

Ah, now I see what you're wanting here. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks, Tarran.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: December 27, 2011, 04:12:53 pm »

By Grand Adventure, Tarran means horrible death. :P

At worst, just pick an interesting spot on the map and go there-maybe meet other player Dragons for roleplaying or fighting to the death.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: December 27, 2011, 06:45:36 pm »

Or just pick a direction and keep going. That's how I found a cliff to jump off and a lake to drown in and a village to enrage the sleeping horror possessing my soul! Wheeeeee!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #709 on: December 28, 2011, 06:15:40 am »

Those were some scrawny stings Kin ever seen. He decided to fly further away, just enough to tread on new land without getting himself lost.

Kin picked a random direction, northeast, and flew that way hoping for something larger. He could eat a moose or something like that. Preferably something that could put up with a fight.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 29, 2011, 10:19:54 pm »

Cevitil blinks for several seconds. He realizes that he didn't think this out very well...

But then again, wizards can cast all kinds of spells, right? Fire spells, water spells... tracking spells. Cevitil nods once, as his objective becomes clear.

"Can you help me find the men who killed my father?"
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 29, 2011, 10:25:24 pm »

Cevitil blinks for several seconds. He realizes that he didn't think this out very well...

But then again, wizards can cast all kinds of spells, right? Fire spells, water spells... tracking spells. Cevitil nods once, as his objective becomes clear.

"Can you help me find the men who killed my father?"
The man looks at you as if you're asking too much of him.

"It would take a god to not only see into your mind, but to also match the faces to the names, and locate them somewhere in this big world. If you want revenge, well, look for an altar to either a neutral god, or... err... an evil god. But I HIGHLY suggest trying the neutral gods first, the evil ones are usually not worth the trouble."
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 31, 2011, 10:52:28 pm »

I'm gone a day and a half and Drag and Tal still haven't posted even with a PM? Look, I understand this is an important part of the year, but if you're going to have trouble or are going to party please tell me.

Tal, Drag, you suck. I'm going to auto you tomorrow when I feel like making the turn.

Alright, I'm kinda tired of having to PM people. New rule: You have 3 days to post normally before I PM you. You have 2 days starting when I PMed you to post your action. If you fail to post you are automated.

If I have to PM you 3 turns that are relatively close to another, I'll stop PMing you and just automate you without a PM. If you are automated 3 times in relatively close turns and are automated yet again, I'll kick you out right away and kill your character.

/Unneeded underlining because I'm trying to be all dramatic.

You may think I may be overreacting, but I have made 19 PMs to people so far over 27 turns alone, and some are to multiple people. Sure, some are after only 3 days, but I've figured out that if people don't post within 3 days and they've been active, they'll likely never post. In addition, I was kinda already following this policy, minus the automation and kicking.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 31, 2011, 11:43:57 pm »

You can PM me any time, if that helps. I sometimes spend some time planning my action, then forget to finalize/post it. :<
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 28: Bacon, Dirt cave, Overkill, Back door.
« Reply #714 on: January 02, 2012, 11:07:13 pm »

Apologies for being a day late, I was a little lazy.

Bacon distribution go:

Dermonster: 1, You suddenly hear something drop behind you. You pick it up. It's a pill...
IronyOwl: 1, You suddenly feel something appear in your mouth. It's shaped like a book...
Dwarmin: 1, You suddenly feel a ring in your mouth. And a small scroll.
Digital Hellhound: 3, You suddenly see a mirror that you can hold by your hands appear on the ground. Hot damn are you are pretty. Hopefully that won't bite you in the back.
Aklyon: 2, you suddenly see a box appear out of thin air. It says "Danger Room 2000! Now with 99% less fatal wounds!"
Freeformschooler: No wishes, no bacon.
KineseN: No wishes, no bacon.
Repulsion: No wishes, no bacon.
Talarion: No post, no bacon.
Draignean: No post, no bacon.

Raikonai just gave an incoherent scream of rage in his head. Then he focused on not dying.

Get back to shore.
[Str:2+1][4]: You make your way back to shore, though you had your head underneath the water the entire time. You gasp for air.

Hahah, coward.

No longer drowning.

Investigate what all happened to the crystal and it's energies.
The crystal lays broken and in pieces. The magical energies in the crystal were released when the rock hit it. The crystal shards are nothing more than transparent common gem now.

'I am beginning to see that. Thank you for your time. I don't think I caught your name..?'

Head up and away, begin looking for my own lair in the mountains
"Antu Rolksteed is my name. It was my pleasure to talk to you, fair lady." He bows slightly as you leave.

You fly all the way back to the mountains, and begin looking for a home. [6]: You find a nice looking cave inside a cliff. Problem is, the cliff is made of dirt. Any harsh rain could collapse the cave or send it off the mountains.

+1 Agility.

Anthrmarux nodded, slipping the magic ring on her furthest left claw-she noticed it changed size to fit her perfectly, as magic rings were prone to do. She instantly felt a sense of...warmth and protection. She felt more agile, more aware...as if someone was watching over and helping her from afar.

She's not surprised at the inscription on the ring.

...our Love defies Fate...

She supposed Father had worn the rings twin.

"You trained me well, Mother. I'll be alright...and I'll be sure to come visit you, now and again...you keep yourself safe for me, alright?"

Words would have only further complicated things, so Anthramarux left and began flying back to her own cave. She was lost in contemplation, watching the ground roll out under her. You can never go Home again...

Action: Wear the ring! Fly back to my home cave in subdued grief.

Anthramarux is extremely distracted, and not likely to notice anything on the way.

You wear the ring and fly back home, feeling as though you have a great emptiness in your heart.

Of course, the weather changes to rain as soon as you arrive. Fricking gods.

Medium strength, I suppose.
Please bold.

"Alright, Medium Physical Shield, 5 scales, it will likely be somewhat hard to cast for a complete novice like you. It shouldn't cause horrible side-effects, but I can't guarantee your safety. Do you still want to buy it?"

Breathe on a few with energy breath.
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
As you open your mouth, the biggest boar around charges at you.

[HBoar Agi:5][Agi:2][Difference:3, +20%][3 out of 1d6, +20%, 4] You get a large gash across your chest which bleeds noticeably.

Then you promptly blast away the 1HP boars with your energy breath.

-8 HP (for the entire fight).

Those were some scrawny stings Kin ever seen. He decided to fly further away, just enough to tread on new land without getting himself lost.

Kin picked a random direction, northeast, and flew that way hoping for something larger. He could eat a moose or something like that. Preferably something that could put up with a fight.
You fly north, and you find a lot of larger creatures: Cows everywhere. In addition to the frigging city and hundreds of humans.

One of them in heavy armor shouts at you as you fly by him. "You'd better not cause trouble or your head will be up your ass when I'm done with you!"

--Repulsion, see two posts up--

Quote from: Tal-son
Go west and look for better pastures.
[5]: You find a nice looking cave on the side of a hill. Rivers flow by near it forming waterfalls. The trees by the side of the rivers are healthy. And there is snow nearby the cave, higher up the mountain.

Quote from: Drag-son
Look for another way into the town.
[6]: You fly back over to the town stealthily and you notice a large sewer tunnel leading into underneath the town. The bad thing is that it's made out of metal, and you'll have to be quiet or they'll know where you are.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean: Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Helten army 7 moves east, engaging Sarduk army 7.

Spoiler: The War of Beliefs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 05:10:30 am by Tarran »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 02, 2012, 11:28:33 pm »

"Yes, I'll buy it, but I believe that will be the last thing I'll buy."

Test the Danger Room 2000, hopefully get a bit stronger or more durable.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 02, 2012, 11:32:00 pm »

Satisfied with the state of the cave for the moment, Scientia turns her attention outwards.
Explore the contents of my territory.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 02, 2012, 11:38:03 pm »

What, you're not going to eat your pill Derm?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 02, 2012, 11:39:59 pm »

I have the feeling you're going to pull a fast one and it will be temporary.

Of course, now that I say it you might actually make it temporary.

I was really hoping you weren't going to ask that.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 02, 2012, 11:41:32 pm »

Oh come on Derm, I'm not that kind of guy. If it were temporary I wouldn't have asked why you weren't eating it.

Is it the avatar? Did I insult your mother somehow? What did I do wrong? D:
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 136